Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Soluth - another post-apoc indie from Poland

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Soluth

I've found another Polish indie cRPG in the works - Michal Pogrudka's <a target=_blank href=http://www.soluth.republika.pl/>Soluth</a> (recently, the website has been moved <a target=_blank href=http://soluth.glt.pl>here</a>, but the English version hasn't been moved yet).
<br>
<ul>Near future, there wasn`t appocalipse, no 3rd World War, no nuclear, chemical or biological extermination. At the ending of 20th century people started to dying in the reason of awfull disease... Slowly death in the reason of civilization`s developes.
<br>
Main hero is citizen of North Bastion, he is send to seek for new medicine for defeat disease, witch destroy every pice of man in his settlement... Senate of North Bastion heard that new medicine was developed in government laboratiories in place called Soluth.
<br>
Now, you are only man who can create the history...</ul>
<br>
As you can see, the English translation is quite bad. You can download <a target=_blank href=http://www.rpg.obywatel.pl/soluth/zip/soluth_alpha_1_07.rar>Alpha 1.07</a> version of Soluth from the website, but it's Polish only for now. There will be an English version after the Polish one is finished, but given the quality of the website translation, i hope he finds someone else to do it.

EEVIAC

Erudite
I say keep the wild translation, it gives the game flavour. You could work it into the game plot easily - the protagonist doesn't speak the local language and has to rely on a dinky pre-plague translator that isn't actually very good. Based on the screenshots the game looks like a console RPG though, say it isn't so.

Ausir

Arcane
Nah, it's only the graphics that look like from GameBoy :).

The graphics remind me of Wasteland, by the way...

dipdipdip

Liturgist
I was going to compare the visuals to the cult classic console RPG, Earthbound, but after giving the game a go, I find that those screenshots are.... flattering.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
dipdipdip said:
I was going to compare the visuals to the cult classic console RPG, Earthbound, but after giving the game a go, I find that those screenshots are.... flattering.

:lol:

Still, it looks interesting and I'd love to see the translation, even if done in his broken english. Kinda lets you know you're playing a foreign game. ;)

Greenskin13

Erudite
That grammar....it's the coolest thing EFAR.

Polish Broken English is so much better than Japanese Broken English.

Yo!

I like you guys! I am a Soluth`s programmer:) I am sorry about my English, very sorry sorry, I know, it`s funny to read "broken language".... English broken Polish is funny too:) I want to translate new version of official Soluth`s web, but you know "Polish broken English":) I am seeking for man who can translate my game and it`s web, I swear you`ll see it soon:)
BTW not "Englishkiewicz", not "Engielski".... English is "Angielski" in Polish:) I want to make good but funny cRPG, if I could translate it... I must find someone who can translate it:)
BTW2, please read this, it`s Polish sentence, that brokes languages of Polish guy`s not even English, French or German guys: "W Chrzebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie" or "Stol z powylamywanymi nogami":) Please reply how could you read it?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It is okay. That kind of "Russian English" or "Polish English" or "Engwicz" or "Angielski" really adds flare to your game. Needless to say, it would be a very, very amusing experience for anyone who plays the game and in my opinion, would be reason alone to play it!

All joke aside, maybe Ausir or PrzeSkoda can help out with the translation, so you want to get in touch with them about it.

Okay!

I am seeking for someone who can translate game and web from Polish to English... If you know somebody who can do it, please mail me (soluth@op.pl), I think it`s the best idea... game could be translated by English or American guy who know Polish, I hope there is somebody like that....

denizsi

Arcane
warning: 3 years old thread

What happened to this guy and his game? Download link is no longer valid. What's the game like? Does anyone still have it? Care to upload it or screenshots from the game itself? I tried to reach the guy, e-mailed him and have yet to receive a reply.

That project is dead :( I haven`t enough time, money and strong will to do that... To small project to be good, to big project to do with myself :( My mail is working good, so maybe mail system took your mail to spam folder ;)

I have no sources, I have no executable files, no screenshots :(

User was nabbed fit

That's a shame. Nothing worse than not being able to complete your work.

Yeah... the worst thing, everybody knows better your project, knows better some resolutions, 'Do this... do that...', but if you ask for help, nobody can help then, or don`t want to.
I`ve failed my studies while working with Soluth :P I swear myself, I`ll do with my friend Soluth Online (just browser game) in future, but first finish studies...

denizsi

Arcane
That sounds sad, sorry to hear about it, especially with all the files being gone. At least now I know you're alive.

So there is absolutely no one downloaded the alpha back then and still keep them?

I think there are many useres who downloaded it and kept od HDD, but who? That is the question...

Maybe some day, with other graph, better translation... who knows? ;)

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Re: Yo!

MichalPogrudka said:
I like you guys! I am a Soluth`s programmer:) I am sorry about my English, very sorry sorry, I know, it`s funny to read "broken language".... English broken Polish is funny too:) I want to translate new version of official Soluth`s web, but you know "Polish broken English":) I am seeking for man who can translate my game and it`s web, I swear you`ll see it soon:)
BTW not "Englishkiewicz", not "Engielski".... English is "Angielski" in Polish:) I want to make good but funny cRPG, if I could translate it... I must find someone who can translate it:)
BTW2, please read this, it`s Polish sentence, that brokes languages of Polish guy`s not even English, French or German guys: "W Chrzebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie" or "Stol z powylamywanymi nogami":) Please reply how could you read it?

You should just translate it yourself and get someone who is a good English writer to clean it up for you after playing the game a few times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom