Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Square trademarks Parasite Eve in Europe

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
This is still a thing? I didn't even know they released a third game. Played the first and enjoyed it but that was it essentially.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is still a thing? I didn't even know they released a third game. Played the first and enjoyed it but that was it essentially.
The Third Birthday. That was a shitstorm back in the PSP days because it was a third person shooter and they made it more action-y and cinematic like what we expected out of modern Square Enix. It also included a clothing destruction mechanic IIRC, which got people pretty mad. Oh yeah and it was also PSP-only so that meant the controls were kind of shit.

You go from semi-serious RPG about monsters in New York, to a cheeseball action game lol.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Sad, but it seems that's the way a lot of stuff from Japan is heading nowadays.
To go from classics like FF3 (fuck you all I'm an American Purist) to cinematic grawlk is upsetting. That's not a real word but it's accurate to the vomit-inducing effects of modern jap games.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wasn't Parasite Eve a licensed title and the license holder so pissed off at Third Birthday they vowed never to license it for a game again?

Wunderbar

Arcane
29e34c6ee2483b9b722b59b4c07acfb2a24e5d0af1f87cdb81712270ce94947a.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Wasn't Parasite Eve a licensed title and the license holder so pissed off at Third Birthday they vowed never to license it for a game again?

Possibly? The game rapes the franchise and the main character's established behavior SO HARD, that Other M's Samus Aran looks like a badass.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I really don't trust Square to make a game as good as the first Parasite Eve nowadays... oh well at least they'll probably make people retroactively like The Third Birthday if they fuck up (they will).

Ash

Arcane

...or just a shit game, period.

Punch said:
I really don't trust Square to make a game as good as the first Parasite Eve nowadays... oh well at least they'll probably make people retroactively like The Third Birthday if they fuck up (they will).

Agreed. However PE2 is also old gold. Major_Blackhart I recommend you try it, too.

Anyhow, there's no way this is gonna lead to anything but rape of the original artists and IP. Fuck Square Enix. They're incapable of producing a worthy game.

Beastro

Arcane
Sad, but it seems that's the way a lot of stuff from Japan is heading nowadays.
To go from classics like FF3 (fuck you all I'm an American Purist) to cinematic grawlk is upsetting. That's not a real word but it's accurate to the vomit-inducing effects of modern jap games.

Funny thing is Parasite Eve's about the best balance of a movie-like game ever made.

There are many cute AZN girls at NYPD even today.

Aya always reminded me more of a chick like Jewel than some Japanese girl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom