Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggest some good freeware adventure games

Dark Matter

Prophet
I was looking at this list but I can't figure out which ones are worth checking out.

I would prefer games with an interesting and more mature setting/premise/plot.

Dark Matter

Prophet
I've already played BASS. I'm mostly looking for newer freeware adventure titles. I'll check out A Tale of Two Kingdoms though, thanks.

trustno1code

Prophet
Hümmelgümpf said:
A Tale of Two Kingdoms is full of win.
Haven't played many games from that list, but I'd recommend Fate by Numbers. If you're ok with FMV that is.
Nothing mind blowing, and pretty short, but darn solid for a freebie.

Aside from that, Prodigal is quite interesting, if flawed due to some (mostly technical) annoyances. Worth a try.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'll give another vote for Yahtzee's Trilby adventure games. They are excellent games.

In fact the only worthwhile adventure games I've played in the last 3-4 years are freeware. Some that come to mind are:

Mind's Eye
The White Chamber
The Uncertainty Machine
Project Xenophobe
The Dead City
The king's Quest and Quest for Glory remakes

Andhaira

Arcane
Dracula series.
Kryndia Series
Quest forGlory series (4 and 5)

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Ben There, Dan That is supposed to be pretty neat, though I haven't got round to it myself yet. It at least has a decent cohesive art style, which is more than I can say for a lot of free adventure games.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Oh yes, that one was nice. Did you play it in English? Was the translation good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom