Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Amber Throne - a decent RPG Maker (WTF?) JRPG

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ss_9efea91341a5d5a857ba30b9ef266f8fcbacfd49.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382380/

Looks unusual. And the reviews are positive. Anyone?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The demo was fun enough. The gameplay was a bit odd, but it looked like it had some fun nuances to learn. I believe you can even do the 'ol mess with the turn order so you can go practically three times in a row bit. The setting/story was also odd, but fantastical in a sort of teen fantasy novel kind of way. Same goes for the characters.

Worth a space in my Wish List for a discount at least.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I went through the game basically a day or two after it was released ;) . If you need to compare it to anything, Child of Light is the nearest pick I think, in everything but exploring mechanics, here The Amber Throne is more traditionally jRPG piece of a game. I'm not going to lie, I liked the game really much - mainly for its plot and unique atmosphere. History is well-written, intricate, encourages you to think about events you see happening around you and make own interpretations, it also tries to touch (by taking a mantle of... a fable? metaphor?) on some I think important issues, mainly danger behind using and exploiting technology, but also place of law and tradition in a society and so on. What’s I think quite obvious is that TAT is very conservative when it comes to mechanics, no one will like it if wasn’t liking jRPGs already and that’s that. Game is perfect for storyfags, and it has really great art and music. I would risk recommending ;) .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom