Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Lord of the Rings Online - Legacy of Morgoth expansion announced; Before the Shadow expansion is free for everyone

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
idgaf since they introduced trannies into middle-earth

ADL

Prophet
Legacy of Morgoth expansion announced, takes place in Harad.
https://massivelyop.com/2024/07/27/...-morgoth-and-dcuos-harley-quinn-vs-apokolips/
The next major reveal came from Lord of the Rings Online, unveiling the name of its next expansion, Legacy of Morgoth. This expansion promises to continue the story of The Song of Waves and Wind, taking players from the city of Umbar to the deserts of Harad, “a place where the taint of evil still looms large.” This portion of the presentation otherwise focused on Update 41, along with reworks for humans and elves.

A conceptually interesting story. Going to an Asian themed LotR land and helping what few rebels/loyalists are left and in hiding overthrow their evil overlords (also some tension with the brothers of the rebels having been conscripted and killed by you as they were fleeing at Minas Tirith), and then the aftermath and the difficulty of restoring their kingdoms after so many years under the rule of evil when there are few surviving rebels who remember or were told stories by their great grandparents of what the time before Sauron was like, and the living youth have no memory of that. Could also find out whether or not the Blue Wizards tried and failed and were killed in the struggle and weren't returned like Gandalf, or despaired and gave up, or became tyrants like Saruman. I suspect it would be tainted by modernity, though.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
LOTRO is getting two new legendary servers on August 1st.
Angmar (US) and Mordor (EU).

Both servers will be 64-Bit which should (hopefully) reduce the lag this game is infamous for.
Mordor server will be located in Amsterdam.
All other current EU servers are located in the US. So this should help further reduce lag, which is good news for my fellow EU-Bros.

https://forums.lotro.com/index.php?threads/angmar-and-mordor-open-on-august-1st.12548/

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron

Both servers will be 64-Bit which should (hopefully) reduce the lag this game is infamous for.
All other current EU servers are located in the US. So this should help further reduce lag, which is good news for my fellow EU-Bros.

https://forums.lotro.com/index.php?threads/angmar-and-mordor-open-on-august-1st.12548/
Since LOTRO went woke, and began pandering to the tranny psychos they can go fuck themselves and burn in hell.

Fuck 'em.

damager

Arbiter

Since LOTRO went woke, and began pandering to the tranny psychos …
How so?

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
https://forums.lotro.com/index.php?threads/orc-pronouns-minor-spoiler.7511/

One of the friendly orcs in the Shield Isles is being referred to as they/them in the quest texts. I'm not complaining or anything, I just want to know if it's intended or not. If it's intended, I also would like to know if they are the first in-game orc who have personal gender pronouns or if there are others too.

Anyone who uses politically charged words like "woke" will be immediately removed from the forums, and it is a prohibited topic aligned with our restriction on politics and religion. Feel free to continue this conversation in your own private Discord or other channels, but this is not a topic we will have here.
-- Cordovan, Community Manager

etc. etc.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
lotroclient64-2023-05-06-22-24-55-478.jpg

Since LOTRO went woke, and began pandering to the tranny psychos …
How so?

Our latest update celebrates individuality with additional character customization options for the Race of Men (humans) that let players express themselves in new ways. We want to make as many players feel represented in the game as possible, and we are introducing new character creation options for your face, hair, and body!
lotroclient64-2023-05-06-22-24-55-478.jpg

where the rohirim womenz at?

Never before have I felt so represented.
lotroclient64-2023-05-08-00-50-51-241.jpg
I still laff everytiem.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Huh. Was about to reinstall LOTRO to check out the EU server. This thread's page changed my mind. Fuckin queers.
From the other other thread I take it you play GW 2. If you can stomach that, then there is no reason you should not play LOTRO.

So far I have encountered no black characters with the exception of one "Hobbit of Color" (who was a player character) and no gay stuff (contrary to GW 2). Don't know about the "tranny orc". Sounds fucking hilarious if true.

Bear in mind you have to be subbed to play on the new 64-Bit servers.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Huh. Was about to reinstall LOTRO to check out the EU server. This thread's page changed my mind. Fuckin queers.
From the other other thread I take it you play GW 2. If you can stomach that, then there is no reason you should not play LOTRO.

So far I have encountered no black characters with the exception of one "Hobbit of Color" (who was a player character) and no gay stuff (contrary to GW 2). Don't know about the "tranny orc". Sounds fucking hilarious if true.

Bear in mind you have to be subbed to play on the new 64-Bit servers.
There's a difference between some slop IP like GW and Tolkien.

Add niggers and trannies to GW is bad, yes. But adding it to Tolkien is criminal and somehow evil tbqh. Fuck LOTRO and may they drown in their SJW soup.

Fucking niggers and trannies everywhere, but not in Tolkien's work.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Add niggers and trannies to GW is bad, yes. But adding it to Tolkien is criminal and somehow evil tbqh. Fuck LOTRO and may they drown in their SJW soup.

Well, I get your point and agree somewhat, but I have still to find a trace of that "SJW soup" in game.
But I have yet to play the Umbar expansion. If that is full of tranny and gay stuff I will change my mind.

So far there is still a "gender" option in character creaton. To be honest I don't give a fuck if you can give your female character a beard....

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
To be honest I don't give a fuck if you can give your female character a beard....
As long as it's a dwarf, fine. That's the point, it's Tolkien.

Beards on women are fine. If they're dwarves.

The LOTRO devs decided to shit on Tolkien's work and the only reason why I would want to play their game is what they shit on. So fuck em.

Simple as

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Well, I get your point and agree somewhat, but I have still to find a trace of that "SJW soup" in game.
But I have yet to play the Umbar expansion. If that is full of tranny and gay stuff I will change my mind.

So far there is still a "gender" option in character creaton. To be honest I don't give a fuck if you can give your female character a beard....
It doesn't matter if you see it or not. What matters is that it is there. The devs included it for no other reason, than to push the agenda. This should be punished. And the only way a player can do this is by boycotting the game. :M

ADL

Prophet
Remember that level 1-20 alternate start expansion "Before the Shadow"? It's now free for everyone.
https://www.lotro.com/update-notes/lotro-update-41-2-release-notes

Also let them collect their ESG money. They need it since it's a niche game that's lucky to still exist anyways, it's still the best visual depiction of Tolkien's work and no one uses those options on Landroval so whatever. It's not egregious enough for me to stop playing or go back to Echoes of Angmar where you have 1/10th of the content. SSG aside from this hyper specific issue has been great.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I genuinely can't think of anything less important than a character creator allowing bearded women in a game/setting that features a race full of them. This is something that would've just been a silly feature that everyone laughed about ten years ago but you guys have been sperging out and shitting up the thread for it ever since.

It might not even be ESG. It could've been a publicity stunt trying to desperately get attention for the game, and it worked because the bearded lady character customization gave the game more attention than I've seen it get in a long time. That's a damn shame too because it's been around for 17 years and it's been pretty good throughout that whole period. Where was the support?
7LUxIK8.png

Certainly not here. Seems like codex would rather post about WoW and Final Fantasy 14 and Guild Wars 2 which are totally heckin based and redpilled. Unlike the resident culture warriors here that just wanna scream into the void about "woke shit" all day instead of playing good video games, I play it and I've never seen a bearded lady in game. Get the fuck over it and perhaps consider putting your money where your mouths are and make yourselves an audience worth keeping and maybe this will stop happening. It's simple economics you dumb retards.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes of course, posting about a game is a real indicator of support and a completely reasonable metric to check for an MMO game in a forum that's primarily about crpgs.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
It might not even be ESG. It could've been a publicity stunt trying to desperately get attention for the game, and it worked because the bearded lady character customization gave the game more attention than I've seen it get in a long time. That's a damn shame too because it's been around for 17 years and it's been pretty good throughout that whole period. Where was the support?

Certainly not here. Seems like codex would rather post about WoW and Final Fantasy 14 and Guild Wars 2 which are totally heckin based and redpilled. Unlike the resident culture warriors here that just wanna scream into the void about "woke shit" all day instead of playing good video games, I play it and I've never seen a bearded lady in game. Get the fuck over it and perhaps consider putting your money where your mouths are and make yourselves an audience worth keeping and maybe this will stop happening. It's simple economics you dumb retards.

I don't follow this game much. Was it all centered around beards for females? I thought adding in those super dark skinned, wide nosed, african types was part of it. Maybe I am confusing the controversy with Rings of Power and the black elf dude. Or was it those Magic The Gathering cards. I think people just get fatigued of all things becoming or tainted by the woke mind virus. Were people asking for beards on females and negroe options for their characters, or did they just surprise everyone with a woke update? Are you sure they hanvent tainted the npc's with these things?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom