Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Lord of the Rings Online - Legacy of Morgoth releasing November 6th 2024

curds

Magister
LotRO is arguably the best way to immerse yourself into Tolkien lore.
Aside from actually reading his works, definitely. It's the best adaptation.

The art design is still superb (pitching the art design around the English "Arts & Crafts" movement was a stroke of genius, as it was contemporaneous with Tolkien's life)
I noticed this as well when doing the Human opening in Archet. Strider and many of the other characters looked almost painted especially in areas with lots of daylight. Or sort of a soft pastel look. I didn't know it was linked to Arts & Crafts, not much of an art guy, but it makes sense.
265px-Aragorn_%28Black_Book%29.jpg

ADL

Prophet
A Look at LOTRO’s 2023!
lotroroadmap.jpg

We want to tease a little bit about the expansion that we have planned for the latter part of the year. We are not fully prepared to release many details, but we do want to provide you with a little tease of what is to come.

As we wrapped Before the Shadow, and began looking toward the future, we asked ourselves where we wanted to take the story and the game next. There was an overwhelming consensus that we wanted to head south to less traveled shores. Across the salty sea, beyond the Bay of Belfalas to the shore of the Corsair Kings, Umbar.

Last edited:

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
That's unlikely (I think) because this is very much based-on-book and everything is already very detached from the movies even. So there's already a Galadriel in the game and it's neither Movie nor TV show Galadriel if you catch my drift.
There's playable female dwarves and guess what, they look indistinguishable from the male dwarves, just like what was said (If I remember right).

Have to say though.. So far I made it from Shire to Bree-land, and I liked the trip so far, but now I'm so over-burdened with quests that pull me this-and-that-away, and while following the main story questline is great advice, the completionist in me always is a bit irked by leaving anything behind and I played it less and less. Especially when it throws in instance quests or PvP quests that I have no interest of doing on my own (if that is indeed even possible). Not that the average quest is too interesting either, it really got a bit more of the old WoW mentality left in that than I'd like.

Sonic Titan

Educated
Yeah so far in my experience as well, it’s very strict to the source material. Haven’t come across anything “woke” at all yet.

Problem is, I rolled on love, then came across the Echoes of Angmar private server project. Its aim is to recreate the original, on-release state of the game as it was in 2007 and it would only include content in the base Shadows of Angmar game/era.

They had an open beta going for a few weeks and it was INSANE fun. However, turbovirgin neckbeard boomers decided that exploiting an open beta for a private server for monetary gain was a better use of their time than big reporting.

So their main developer (out of 3) left the project, and EoA is back to closed beta.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm just not sure what they mean by "crafting revision". Are they decoupling it from the Vocation system or something?

BruceVC

Magister
I no longer have time for MMOs but its good that this one is not only still supported but also expanded... Unless by expansion it will mean adding female dwarves Gay-a-driel and other woke garbage of course.
Why dont you spend less time posting on the Ukraine thread and then you will have time for MMO?
Why should he?
Well he is one saying " I dont have time for MMO" so you need to ask Draco how he spends his time. I provided one way he can have more time

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I no longer have time for MMOs but its good that this one is not only still supported but also expanded... Unless by expansion it will mean adding female dwarves Gay-a-driel and other woke garbage of course.
Why dont you spend less time posting on the Ukraine thread and then you will have time for MMO?
Why should he?
Well he is one saying " I dont have time for MMO" so you need to ask Draco how he spends his time. I provided one way he can have more time
Lmao he didn't even ask for more time you Boer.

i spent 4 days downloading this, because as a man of science i have to doubt, even and foremost of myself, "maybe it's not as bad as i remember, or perhaps it's really improved during the years". somehow login doesn't work, not even the one automatically saved by chrome, it's not like it can forget the password. alright, let's recover it. my email provider goes down. for an hour. 6 hours. a day. two days. three days. in 25 years of flawless service it's never been unavailable even once.
this game stinks so much it spreads its stank on everything that comes nearby. i probably should had downloaded world of tanks instead.

Sonic Titan

Educated
Imagine typing that all out, reading it, and still hitting post reply.

All of that is literally a “you” problem, not the game’s lol. Get better nerd

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
i spent 4 days downloading this, because as a man of science i have to doubt, even and foremost of myself, "maybe it's not as bad as i remember, or perhaps it's really improved during the years". somehow login doesn't work, not even the one automatically saved by chrome, it's not like it can forget the password. alright, let's recover it. my email provider goes down. for an hour. 6 hours. a day. two days. three days. in 25 years of flawless service it's never been unavailable even once.
this game stinks so much it spreads its stank on everything that comes nearby. i probably should had downloaded world of tanks instead.
git gud

after a week the mail provider is still down. i heard microsoft is suffering outages too. this game is tainting the whole world.

curds

Magister

Spike

Educated
Heard some stupid lore-change thing ruined this game. Is it still fun to get into and play?

LotRO is arguably the best way to immerse yourself into Tolkien lore.
Aside from actually reading his works, definitely. It's the best adaptation.

Most importantly, does this still apply?
Dunno, haven't played for ages. Waiting on the vanilla server.
Perfect time for me to jump in then. I'll monitor for when that releases, thanks for heads-up.

curds

Magister
Perfect time for me to jump in then. I'll monitor for when that releases, thanks for heads-up.
It's still a while off probably. It was open for a little period a while ago, but mods got mad about people using exploits and such so they closed it down until they could iron all that shit out. Now they're being kinda cagey and not giving any info re. release date, etc.

Spike

Educated
It's still a while off probably. It was open for a little period a while ago, but mods got mad about people using exploits and such so they closed it down until they could iron all that shit out. Now they're being kinda cagey and not giving any info re. release date, etc.
Echoes of Angmar?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom