Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The REAL rpg

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I remember that game. It was actually pretty good.

Square also did a collab for a game called Kingdom Hearts, which a lot of other people dismissed since it involved Disney characters, though it's probably one of the more fun Square games.

Imbecile

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
I remember that game. It was actually pretty good.

Square also did a collab for a game called Kingdom Hearts, which a lot of other people dismissed since it involved Disney characters, though it's probably one of the more fun Square games.

It wasn’t bad. Wasn’t there a weird build your own Lego ship, and fly between worlds minigame?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Super Mario RPG and Kingdom Hearts are really cool games, if I might say so myself. Especially Kingdom Hearts. Donald Duck as a mage! It's fucking excellent. :)

Sabregirl

Scholar
I did like super mario RPG a lot although the typical endless leveling battles got pretty old after a while. But I found the storyline quite interesting. Nice to have bowser ON your side for once and killing the axem rangers, in lieu of the power version was quite satisfying. ;)

Kingdom hearts is pretty cool too although I could really do without goofy and donald, as I found them to be pretty annoying, but you were stuck using them most of the time due to the "trinity" factor. Flying in the Peter Pan sub-world was pretty awesome, though.

@Imbicile- Yeah I never did get the ultimate point of the lego/gummi ship deal. Mostly for gettign from point A to point B. Lasers are fun and all but generally I skipped those sections whenever possible.

-S

FrancoTAU

Cipher
My 9 year old nephew loves all of those Kingdom Heart, Pokemon, Mario RPGs. He does have some budding tastes though as he keeps asking me to lend him Wizardry 8 ever since he watched me play it a year ago.

Jason

chasing a bee
Paper Mario is one of my guilty pleasures. It's way better than the Super Mario RPG.

Your 9 y.o. nephew wants to play Wizardry 8? That's one smart (or masochistic) kid. You might want to start him off with something simpler, though. Freedom Force or Diablo comes to mind.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
baby arm said:
Paper Mario is one of my guilty pleasures. It's way better than the Super Mario RPG.

Your 9 y.o. nephew wants to play Wizardry 8? That's one smart (or masochistic) kid. You might want to start him off with something simpler, though. Freedom Force or Diablo comes to mind.

He is a smart kid. I let him give a go at it awhile back on my PC and he kept getting wacked in the starter dungeon. The plot goes over his head, but he loves the character creation, exploration and combat. He just stinks at combat though ;)

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Mefi said:
Got to confess I enjoyed playing Kingdom Hearts with my little sister. She's since moved on to other RPGs - she loves Nethack at the age of 12. Can't be all bad.

get her into D&D and d20 modern

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Greatatlantic said:
Sigh... I get my little brother some great RPGs, and he then proceeds to spend all his time replaying Tony Hawk Underground.

how old is he...
and if he is young then get him FFV and gradually step up(or any of the muliplayer snes FF games cant be picky)

halfway through ween him on fallout and nwn

then get him on D&D and D20 modern(substitute for any P&P game that you know the rules to)

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
get her into D&D and d20 modern

Might throw her some of my old SSI gold box games at some point but I don't think she'd play them much. She loves Nethack just because it gives her imagination free reign. I gave my youngest brother my copy of Morrowind for the Xbox, she tried it for about an hour and then said "huh in Nethack, I've got a dragon who can steal for me" (think she was trying to steal a diamond in Morrowind at the time). The dragon's name was "Florence" for anyone who is interested. I'm not sure how it died because she won't talk about it.

Wierd though, because my two brothers just wouldn't play anything other than straight action rpgs.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
jaja..Rart med det! RESS! said:
YOU BEARDY TWAT!

Well it's a start. A crap one but, on the bright side, you can only get better with your trolling.

Full caps are a little passe. Beardy, well, it's a pisspoor adjective with which to try and insult someone. Twat's a good word. Nice resonance.

Thank you for taking the time to troll. Hopefully your future efforts won't be quite so lame.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Man, my little brother is in highschool, I still remember balancing him on my knee to read him bedtime stories... they grow up so quickly! Anyways, I've tried Final Fantasy, and he'll get into that. But then he won't even budge to try more vrar-RPGs. He just goes back to Tony Hawk or Madden. The kid really makes me worry at times, for Christmas he asked for some Gorgio Armani cologne. What the heck does a 14 year old need cologne for? Sigh.. the kid is growing up to be a Metrosexual, I just know it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom