Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher - a new interview and a video

RGE

Liturgist
Ah, so it's not "save the world", it's "save the brotherhood". A step in the right direction. And the flashback system sounds like a really good idea too. Kind of like getting the Fallout ending screens sprinkled throughout the game. I think I'm going to get that game. But then again, I also thought I'd get Metalheart, and I never did.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, the flashback idea might be quite fun on its own if tastefully done, and it'll also help retards understand why what's happening is happening. It may be viewed as dumbing down done well.

aboyd

Liturgist
This is the only game I see myself buying in the next 12 months, unless it's delayed beyond that.

I want to get the "most pure" and "least censored" version of the game. Any idea which countries will leave the product intact?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yea, the UK is the most probable country to get it uncut. I always import my games from there, anyways. Germany will certainly get a censored version, and the US version might get some of the erotic stuff censored [there are harlots, so I guess there will be some interesting stuff].

Oh, and any Eastern European country will get the uncensored thing, too.

RGE

Liturgist
Elwro said:
Yeah, the flashback idea might be quite fun on its own if tastefully done, and it'll also help retards understand why what's happening is happening. It may be viewed as dumbing down done well.
Hey, he spoke of the butterfly effect, didn't he? If that's the case the consequences of some choices may not be evident to people of average deduction abilities. You may need to be a Master of Deduction to figure out why something happens, or even that something that happens is due to a choice you made earlier. Especially if the cause and effect are only indirectly related. Hopefully there won't be too many 'random' results from actions though.

And it's also a good way to show that there aren't any bugs in their consequences, such as the game choosing the wrong consequence for an action.

SanguinePenguin

Scholar
I noticed their picture of Gianna Michaels for their...research on the female form :D

It's look pretty good it seems. The flashback system sounds like a nice touch, but I wonder if going back to show where you diverge along a different path will mean that you won't encounter that many, or maybe the cutscenes are just autosaved movies recorded by the game everytime you make a choice instead of prerecorded videos?

As far as combat is concerned, does the Witcher stick to the swords with no armor combo? And is it true that he doesn't use missles?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom