Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
There's new mission from Master of Dromed: Raising Corpses.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Thanks for the heads-up, gave it a spin today.

Master of Dromed, for those who don't recall, has released three FMs prior to this one: "A Tough Night" (which is tough to play) "A Walk in the Forest" (which is a blast to play) and "A Visit to the Baron" (which is strange to play). Meaning that one can never be certain precisely what to expect, or if it's any good.

Fortunately "Raising Corpses" doesn't faff about. Garrett is going to rob a Hammerite-faction called The Order of Hermits of Saint Gramal The Pisserites. (You'll quickly learn why I call them that.) They've literally gone to ground, with a large underground factory on top of a large underground city on top of... something, because the underground city is almost taken over by the undead.

Despite the promising venture, this mission is not vertical, though gradual descent is required to find all the objectives. While meeting the loot objective doesn't sound so bad, the real amount of loot is close to three times that amount, and I do believe this FM broke the record for 'most secrets in an FM'... and even though I dug my nose in deep, I only found half of them. Oddly enough all the secrets I found were of the 'find-the-hidden-lever-to-unlock-the-secret-compartment'-type. (Guess Master of Dromed took some offense to his last FM having virtually no secrets, despite having plenty of opportunity for them.)

Throw in the sheer sprawling size of the place, the somewhat confusing map, the unkillable robots, and the pain-inducing juggling of boulders on ropes, and you've got something that's not exactly special, but will keep you going for a while.

Rating: 7.5/10. Does what it says on the tin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom