Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War fans play Sherlock

LlamaGod

Cipher
<strong>[ Community -> Update ]</strong>

The Total War community at <a href="http://www.twcenter.net">Total War Center</a> has been snooping around finding registered trademarks of the cool-developers-turned-mass-market-whores known as <a href="http://www.totalwar.com">Creative Assembly</a>, they are doing this in hopes of finding the name of the next Total War game and drawing conclusions of what it's historical setting will be from that.

Unfortunately it seems like it was a waste of time because the the names they've uncovered so far were just temporaries. They have discovered the names Legend: Total War and Empire: Total War.

In a post in another community, a <a href="http://www.totalwar.com">Creative Assembly</a> developer said that Legend: Total War was just a temporary name for the incredibly shitty action game spin-off <a href="http://www.totalwarriorgame.com/">Spartan: Total Warrior</a>. As for Empire: Total War, it apparently was a temporary name for Rome: Total War.

As a side note from myself here, I recall hearing that CA where going to make Medieval: Total War 2 next. They had plans for a Napoleon: Total War, but now that they are mass-market whorefaces they decided it would be k3wl3r to make a 3D update sequel to a known setting instead (risks are SCARY!!!1111).

Personally i'd like to see an Ancient: Total War that involves the first civilizations in Middle Eastern regions, as it's a unique region and setting for a strategy game and there have been 2 Total Wars in Europe already.

Tiliqua

Liturgist
A ancient total war would be great. Relive the Peloponesian War, or the conquests of Alexander or the Assyrian Empire, there's lots of interesting possibilities.

Jason

chasing a bee
It wouldn't fit so well with the Total War vibe, but I would dig a game set during the 1918 US intervention in Russia. There'd be plenty of material to work with that hasn't been done to death already.

VasikkA

Liturgist
It's hard to turn the focus away from Europe, because that just happens to be the place where all cool wars took place. Napoleonic era or American Civil war would be suitable for a Total War game, because they have both infantry and cavalry combat(and artillery omg), but they've already been covered in other historic RTS games.

A remake of Medieval sounds OK, but I'd also like to play a completely new setting. 30 years war? Conquistadors & indians? The worst case scenario would be a Middle Earth TW, like some idiots want, but I assume getting the licence would be a too tough nut to crack.

LlamaGod

Cipher
The worst case scenario would be a Middle Earth TW, like some idiots want, but I assume getting the licence would be a too tough nut to crack.

There is a Fourth Age Total War mod for Rome. It's actually pretty good.

It's based after the books and according to everything Tolkien wrote about what the Fourth Age will be like and also the original ways things work in Middle Earth (i.e. no dragon and wizard units).

Of course, every retarded movie fan and their dog brings a bunch of shitty suggestions to their website, though. Y KANT U PALY AS HOBITS

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I promised Rex to stop making fun of Australoids, so I'm not going to tolerate this kind of behavior, dudes. Consider yourself warned. :mad:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom