Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What games need the World Of Xeen treatment?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
You know how they took Might And Magic IV and V, combined them into one huge world, and even added quests that have you move between the worlds?

Well, how about they do so for certain other games? Here's an idea:

Infinity Engine games - Wouldn't it be cool if you could travel all throughout Sigil, The Spine Of The World, and the Sword Coast all in one game? Start with the BG party, the Torment party, or maybe one of your own, and then take your journeys through Faerun and through the planes. Obviously, it's more feasible to restrict TNO-related quests to him only and also restrict the Bhaalspawn-related quests to him. But otherwise, to be able to do so many of those sidequests available in all those different games with the same party, it would be magnificent. They would have to make the rulesets more similiar, though.

Murk

Arcane
the bg trilogy mod did exactly that, along with an ass load of mods added to it

bg 1 and expansion through bg 2 and through throne of bhaal.

I think icewind dale and planescape are too different in game design from BG to be able to go through them both, and since icewind dale 3 used a heavily modified engine that would be out of the question

plus that'd be a long ass game

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
EOB 1 and 2 could use it. It'd be nice to travel to the location of the second game instead of just loading your party from 1. I guess that if someone really liked NWN2 OC for some reason, a bridge where you controlled the party escaping would be neat. Hell, the party could even come to look for the knight-captain. Not something I'd be too excited about, but the people at the official forums would probably explode with joy.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ultima 4-5-6-7

That'd be quite a sight imo.
200 years later....
Red Portal

Texas Red

Whiner
Mikayel said:
the bg trilogy mod did exactly that, along with an ass load of mods added to it

bg 1 and expansion through bg 2 and through throne of bhaal.

I think icewind dale and planescape are too different in game design from BG to be able to go through them both, and since icewind dale 3 used a heavily modified engine that would be out of the question

plus that'd be a long ass game

Maybe you could have a big quest mod for BG 2 where you travel to Sigil. Art and areas would be used from PS:T.

Murk

Arcane
^ That'd be interesting, i'd say leave the plot elements of torment out, but the locales and side quests? Sounds like a blast.

Zomg

Arbiter
Battletech: The Crescent Hawks' Inception is a neat little game that seems like it was supposed to be about 1000% longer and more complex.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
dude it'd be scaled all the way from the start till the end. epic lulz.

Korgan

Arbiter
Is BGT really as buggy as they say? I have half a mind to play it, could well be the epicest RPG evar. Imagine going from level 1 to 40 in a PnP campaign... generations of nerds could play it, and the DM would have to become a lich to see it to the end. Teh awsome.

sabishii

Arbiter
Korgan said:
Is BGT really as buggy as they say? I have half a mind to play it, could well be the epicest RPG evar. Imagine going from level 1 to 40 in a PnP campaign... generations of nerds could play it, and the DM would have to become a lich to see it to the end. Teh awsome.
Eh, you could just play the games separately but consecutively and achieve the same result. The point of BGT is to use the BG2 interface/engine for BG. I'm not sure which, but either BGT or BG Tutu works pretty well.

Mareus

Magister
sabishii said:
Korgan said:
Eh, you could just play the games separately but consecutively and achieve the same result. The point of BGT is to use the BG2 interface/engine for BG. I'm not sure which, but either BGT or BG Tutu works pretty well.

I haven't tried Tutu, but I played BGT and I think there is one advantage BGT has over Tutu. In BGT you get animations of what happens between BG1 and BG2 and it shows you how you get captured. Also you can install new map of the Sword Coast which looks absolutely great and when you play BGT you really see how big the game is and how big your travels are. BGT basically allows you to play BG1, TotSC, BG2 and ToB as one huge epic game. With BGT you maybe won't even notice when the BG1 ended and became BG2. I heard some people had problems with BGT, while less people had problems with Tutu, however installation is pretty easy and you just have to know which mods you may or may not install, because it can screw up the game. For example, I installed a mod which opens areas before the game originally intended, which gave me a bug when I treid to enter those locations and I had to use the teleport cheat to get around it, but it was no big deal, really. Other than that it worked perfectly.

Binary

Liturgist
Guild Wars does something similar

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom