Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who is the 3rd Godmen? (spoilers)

Trashos

Arcane
It has been argued before in the main thread that the Ferryman's philosophy (as described in the dlc) is the conceptual basis on which the whole setting has been built. One may agree or not, but let's at least see what the Ferryman says about Time:

the Ferryman said:
Passage of time is but an illusion, a way in which we perceive the directional nature of Reality.

The Ferryman generally believes that time is just the way our little brains understand what is going on, but what really goes on is that we are descending from the Origin to the Center, where True Death awaits.

Since we have been talking about Time here, I thought this was relevant to post. My point here is: if the devs ever connect the dots for us (I am not holding my breath), we can probably expect some funky temporal phenomena in the storyline.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It has been my experience that when writers explicitly spell it out and connect the dots, the product almost always gets worse, unless the whole point of your media product was that moment when everything comes together and clicks, which is very hard to pull off.

Trashos

Arcane
Jasede, I agree! I just expressed it like that to illustrate my point about the possibility of temporal insanity in the setting. I appreciate the lack of spoonfeeding in UR, and it is never going to be as good if the devs decide to explain everything.

(That said, personally I wouldn't mind a few more clues about what is going on! I don't think I have seen a comprehensive theory for the storyline anywhere, not even an obviously wrong one! Just bits and pieces. Maybe we need more time -see what I did there?- or maybe we were not given enough clues.)

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I dislike the concept of dev mouthpieces like the ferryman therefore he is wrong.

He is not.
He never actually gives any answers.

We dont even know location of Underrail and timeline.
About Leviathans and Godmen, all we know are speculations. There is very limited info, though it feels like there is much more, we just dont get this lore (but this lore exists).

Sheepherder

Augur
Godmen in Underrail share one distinct feature: they are (mostly) immune to damage and are (nearly) unkillable. Should you attack Six or Tanner, you'll soon find out there's (almost) nothing you can do to injure them. So, Godmen are immortal humanoid creatures.

The only other humanoid which is immune to damage and status effects is the Arena Announcer. He is the third Godmen. Mystery solved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom