Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the new forced double- wide width?

Thrasher

Erudite
Now I can't read the whole page because I can't zoom in wihtout losing the siebar. What gives?

Thrasher

Erudite
Same result as the default style setting. Can't see the sidebar when zoomed in. It's forcing a wide width on my browser, rather than flowing to fit the visible width. I see this behavior for all the style settings... This is Firefox 10.0.2.

Clarified - sorry about that.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Are you talking about the front page? I'm getting that too, pretty sure it's to do with this picture:

3Sfmq.jpg

Which is obv too big for my 1366x768 laptop screen.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Same result as the default style setting. Can't see the sidebar when zoomed in. It's forcing a wide width on my browser, rather than flowing to fit the visible width. I see this behavior for all the style settings... This is Firefox 10.0.2.

Clarified - sorry about that.
Same here, but I'm on Opera. News screen is suddenly wider requiring me to scroll right to see the forum headers, but I can zoom out.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm using Chrome and yeah, the pic if you browse the News by clicking on the News Tab makes the right border way off to the right to accommodate the picture size.

Thrasher

Erudite
Yeah, it probably has to do with the mega promoted screenshot. These should be limited in width in the future.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Adblocking the offending picture makes the girth of the Codex return to normal levels. Some kind of automatic downscaling of oversized pictures would be useful.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'll add it to my list of things. Should be able to include a bit of JavaScript that auto-reduces large images.

Remind me when I invariably don't do it.

gromit

Arcane
I'll add it to my list of things. Should be able to include a bit of JavaScript that auto-reduces large images.

Should you not be able to do it by leaning on the existing scripts? Class the img as .bbCodeImage (and maybe additionally .LBImage) and let it do its thing? Who knows what other assumptions the software makes of those, though...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

Should you not be able to do it by leaning on the existing scripts?
In theory - if I knew what I was actually doing - yes. I haven't figured out how to use the existing stuff though and have pretty much given up on that until I level up my PHP and multi-class into OO - which probably won't happen this side of Christmas.

I know you say your an OO guy but you never got back to me with that thing I PM'd you, you little bitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom