Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wipeout HD

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
It's here tomorrow, and it's cheap! Very cheap! It's exclusive to the PS network and I'm pretty sure it's going to be somewhere around £13/$20. Also, IGN gave it a 9 and IGN UK gave it a 9.2. It runs at 60fps at 1080p, which is incredible. I actually haven't been excited about a game in a while, but I kinda am about this, which is refreshing. Also, it has Mason - Exceeder on the soundtrack, which is an old favourite tune of mine, I'm always the first to start dancing when it goes off in a club! But anyways, you can't miss this if you have a PS3.

http://www.wipeouthd.com

Severian Silk

I really liked the first game. The second was a lot more slick, but not as good in other ways IMO. I haven't played any other titles in the series since then.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I haven't really played any of the games since the first ones for ps1, but I really like this one.
The addition of the Wipeout 2097 HUD is pretty cool for nostalgia, and online has been fun so far.
Music is excellent, though the soundtrack could use a few more tracks, since there are only 10 or something. I know you can play your own music and all, but still...
Oh yeah and visuals are fucking great, especially awesome in the Zones mode.

Pretty cheap too. I recommend it.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
I agree that the only thing I can criticize this game about is the soundtrack. Could have done with maybe 4 or 5 more tracks, at least. I still get an adrenaline rush whenever Exceeder comes on and I'm in the middle of a close race though. Best 12 quid I've spent in a while, as far as games are concerned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom