Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher MMO

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
:shock: I just saw a interview on a Polish Game Channel "Hyper" with some guy from CDP saying that they are doing an MMO in the world of the Witcher. I don't have a link because I'm to lazy to look for it, if some one would be so kind to give some info.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
That just won't work. Everyone will want to play witchers just like everyone wanted to be Jedi in SW Galaxies.

DraQ

Arcane
@OP:
Wat.

Cloaked Figure said:
wot is the whitcher
howard_point.gif

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
xantrius said:
JarlFrank said:
xantrius said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
DraQ said:
@OP:
Wat.

Dobre pytanie, ale to wszystko prawda.

Jeres tilværelse drenge, tilværelsen ...
Deutschland Deutschland über Alles Sieg Heil zerschlagt den Bolschewismus mit der Faust des Arischen Volkes?

Sein und Zeit FTW ?

No, just random Nazi phrases.

Also:
Id hoc facilius iis persuasit, quod undique loci natura Helvetii continentur: una ex parte flumine Rheno latissimo atque altissimo, qui agrum Helvetium a Germanis dividit; altera ex parte monte Iura altissimo, qui est inter Sequanos et Helvetios; tertia lacu Lemanno et flumine Rhodano, qui provinciam nostram ab Helvetiis dividit.

xantrius

Liturgist

Quigs

Magister
barker_s said:
That just won't work. Everyone will want to play witchers just like everyone wanted to be Jedi in SW Galaxies.

I disagree.

If you have to start the game as a normal player, like a hunter/merc/what have you, then after a long series of quests begin your initiation as a witcher, it could work. After all, the few who make it to the 2nd level take some random test where 60% of them die.

Would be pretty badass to kill 6 out of every 10 power leveled fags and send them back to level 1.

cutterjohn

Cipher
I'd play if it weren't a bloodsucking pay-per-month thing... Never met an MMO yet that was even faintly worth a pay-by-month "fee"...

[EDIT]
...and in the context of "The Witcher" ... I'd almost think that I'd like to play the vil bastard fuckwit... MOAR NOOKIES! :D
[/EDIT]

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Haben sie gehort das Deutsche Bande. Mit a bing. Mit a boom. Mit a bing bang bing bang boom. Oooh, the Polskas like the Oo la la la. But the German like the boom bang boom bang boom!

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
JarlFrank said:
Id hoc facilius iis persuasit, quod undique loci natura Helvetii continentur: una ex parte flumine Rheno latissimo atque altissimo, qui agrum Helvetium a Germanis dividit; altera ex parte monte Iura altissimo, qui est inter Sequanos et Helvetios; tertia lacu Lemanno et flumine Rhodano, qui provinciam nostram ab Helvetiis dividit.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur :wink: .

Quigs said:
I disagree.

If you have to start the game as a normal player, like a hunter/merc/what have you, then after a long series of quests begin your initiation as a witcher, it could work. After all, the few who make it to the 2nd level take some random test where 60% of them die.

Would be pretty badass to kill 6 out of every 10 power leveled fags and send them back to level 1.

I dunno. That would mean raping the setting. Nobody ever chose to be a witcher. Besides MMO is not a good idea, we have tons of it already. I'd rather CDP focused their efforts on making a sequel or another singleplayer RPG.

cokkee

Novice
WhiskeyWolf said:
:shock: I just saw a interview on a Polish Game Channel "Hyper" with some guy from CDP saying that they are doing an MMO in the world of the Witcher. I don't have a link because I'm to lazy to look for it, if some one would be so kind to give some info.

What's the name of MMO>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Uff, dobrze że to nieprawda. (W sensie: że panie i panowie z CDP nie dogadali się, czym jest gra MMO.)

In other words: move along, nothing to see here, let's trust the Witcher team is on the right tracks with their new, undoubtedly ambitious and original projects.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Zrozumiałem to tak, że koleś chlapnął o MMO, a miał na myśli po prostu tę małą grę przeglądarkową, "Varsus" czy coś takiego.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom