Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher Short-Review by a Xbox Fanboy

Mayday

Augur
Can we keep these in one thread, please? Technically, this falls under "The Witcher- reactions"

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
Mayday said:
Can we keep these in one thread, please? Technically, this falls under "The Witcher- reactions"

I think that particular thread is big enough. There's nothing wrong with branching off.

Deleted member 7219

Idiot said:
Not that there is too many good examples of modern action RPGs on PC. Shame it's not on consoles at present - the Devil May Cry meets Oblivion experience seems tailor made for couch and TV action.

Excuse me?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
topbf6.jpg

Amusing.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Matt7895 said:
Idiot said:
Not that there is too many good examples of modern action RPGs on PC. Shame it's not on consoles at present - the Devil May Cry meets Oblivion experience seems tailor made for couch and TV action.

Excuse me?

I'm telling you, it's all for the lulz.

dragonfk

Erudite
Because as for now its still unofficial, at least as far as I know. They were hiring people with XBox programming experience so everyone concluded that a port is being prepared.

Madman

Novice
dragonfk said:
Because as for now its still unofficial, at least as far as I know. They were hiring people with XBox programming experience so everyone concluded that a port is being prepared.

i'd rather say that the witcher 2 will be X360 also.

Deleted member 7219

Witcher 2 will be 360 exclusive. You heard it here first.

bezimek

Scholar
Matt7895 said:

No. In Poland there are more PC than X 360 so Witcher 2 will be on PC and X 360 but first, I think, they (CDP RED) plan some data disc ( in half/ one year or so ).

Deleted member 7219

Doesn't matter who prefers what in Poland. CDProjekt will know the big bucks come from signing a deal with Microsoft to make their next game an Xbox 360 exclusive. They'll folllow in Bioware's footsteps down the path of the damned, mark my words.

bezimek

Scholar
F..k . Maybe you right Matt7895 . I hate you.

edit: sorry i don`t hate you I hate Microsoft !

Madman

Novice
Matt7895 said:
Doesn't matter who prefers what in Poland. CDProjekt will know the big bucks come from signing a deal with Microsoft to make their next game an Xbox 360 exclusive. They'll folllow in Bioware's footsteps down the path of the damned, mark my words.

No way, i'm not sure if we were talking exactly about that in warsaw, it was few months ago, but afair they said that maybe they'll pick both platforms, PC and X360. But again, i'm not sure. And well, it doesn't suit: CD Projekt and X360 exclusive;)

bezimek said:
No. In Poland there are more PC than X 360 so Witcher 2 will be on PC and X 360 but first, I think, they (CDP RED) plan some data disc ( in half/ one year or so ).

Who cares? This is bussines and polish market is very small. How many copies can they sell? 100 000 of The Witcher will be HUGE succes. They need 1000 000 to get money they've spent. So speaking about poland prefering PC is pointless.

Nael

Arcane
bezimek said:
Matt7895 said:

Definitely agreed. European developers in general seem to be PC centric. Crytek would be another proof of this. US developers are most likely jumping the console bandwagon for one reason and one reason only: money. Microsoft is paying huge for US developers to compete with the Playstation/Japanese market. All it is is an arms race of sorts and unfortunately originality and creativity falls by the wayside in favor of this horrible cliché of "Next Gen". Whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. All it means to me is bloom and totally hacked storywriting.

So these days I truly look to Europe to keep the faith in original and "innovative" game design. I put innovative in quotes because innovative should mean new ideas but what it really is, in the sense that I mean it, is that they seem to be going against the grain of all these throw away stories, characters, and gameplay. In the past most developers had this integrity and made quality games. So doing these things today technically doesn't qualify as innovation, but with the state of the industry as it is now it certainly feels that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom