Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Companion Builds

Stoned Ape

Savant
This is a thread for posting builds that work but probably aren't what the developers had in mind when they designed the companions.

I'll post one, but please add any that you can think of.

If I missed something out that would improve the concept of the build, please give me feedback.

Also, assume no Trickster Path as that skews everything massively.

If enough people find this interesting, I'll post some more ideas in the future.

So, first one up:

Regill
(Armiger 5, Hellknight 1, Inquisitor 14 (Tactical Leader)); Dex +4, Wis +1.

I think this probably fits his personality even better than Hellknight/Armiger and gives him some extra tricks (lending Judgement, Greater Bane, lending teamwork feats, spellcasting, ect.) without sacrificing too much in the way of combat ability while eventually getting his Will save up to a decent enough level.

Mythic Abilities: Leading Strike, Last Stand, Ever Ready, Everlasting Judgement, Rupture Restraints.
Mythic Feats: Mythic Weapon Finesse, Mythic Two-Weapon Fighting, Mythic Improved Critical, Extra Ability: Magic Nullification, Mythic Weapon Focus

Swift Tactician Feats: Shake it off, Seize the moment

Skills: Level up perception with the extra skill points Inquisitor gives at level up, then pick whatever skill gap needs filling in your party.

Feats:

Starts with:
Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Fighter's Finesse, Weapon Focus (Gnome Hooked Hammer), Weapon Specialization (Gnome Hooked Hammer)

7: Outflank
9: Improved 2WF
11: Improved Critical (Gnome Hooked Hammer)
13: Combat Reflexes
15: Greater 2WF
17: Iron Will
19: Improved Iron Will

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd like to multiclass Lann into something like Divine hound or similar after 3 rd Zen Archer level. His stats are wild (except charisma but game is shitting high charisma party members)

Divine hound , he'll be on his mount on frontlines and using all his oppurtunity attack feats.
I pick trip feats with his wolf ( need to level up+1 int at 4th level) up to medium barding and crane feats. Picking bully for the wolf is also a good choice.
With buffsi animal companions become really good at tanking hits but their will saves are somewhat low and need to be taken care of. At least they can wear cloaks and helmets, those help a lot. Neck slot is for mighty/agile fists.

Normaly judgements are saved for the hardest battle(s) between saves but mythic path feat limitless judgement takes care of that. That feat alone carries the build on a higher level. At first levels I used attack and AC but later levels saving throws and damage were better.

Also hunter spell list is good even in lower levels. Though I used the mostly for buffs.

Also any other high wisdom classes are good for him. He's a good candidate for Inqs and druids too. TBH his only real weakness is being kind of a boring companion.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I'd like to multiclass Lann into something like Divine hound or similar after 3 rd Zen Archer level. His stats are wild (except charisma but game is shitting high charisma party members)

Divine hound , he'll be on his mount on frontlines and using all his oppurtunity attack feats.
I pick trip feats with his wolf ( need to level up+1 int at 4th level) up to medium barding and crane feats. Picking bully for the wolf is also a good choice.
With buffsi animal companions become really good at tanking hits but their will saves are somewhat low and need to be taken care of. At least they can wear cloaks and helmets, those help a lot. Neck slot is for mighty/agile fists.

Normaly judgements are saved for the hardest battle(s) between saves but mythic path feat limitless judgement takes care of that. That feat alone carries the build on a higher level. At first levels I used attack and AC but later levels saving throws and damage were better.

Also hunter spell list is good even in lower levels. Though I used the mostly for buffs.

Also any other high wisdom classes are good for him. He's a good candidate for Inqs and druids too. TBH his only real weakness is being kind of a boring companion.

He's good as a zen archer 1/primordial druid 19 as well, with his physicals he's a great shapechanger.

I definitely want to try him out as a Empyreal Sorcerer at some point too, undecided whether to go for zen archer 1/empyreal sorcerer 19 or zen archer 1/empyreal sorcerer 9/eldritch knight 10, though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So far I haven't done anything crazy, but Seelah is hard-carrying my party as a Paladin 1/Bard X.

Since her starting Charisma isn't the best, I'm using her spell slots only to buff the party, but I'm sure there's a way to build her to land her Cacophonous Calls. Even without using offensive spells, Dirge of Doom has been so good so far that I would probably use her even if that was her only feature (and when enemies are immune to it it's not like Inspire Courage isn't useful). I haven't been using Dance of the Dead much, but being able to do summon creature as a move/swift action is great. I just got the Brazen Whip, so I might try it on her, but if it doesn't stack with Haste I don't see its purpose.

After Lingering Performance, I gave her all combat feats, so now she has Shatter Defenses, Outflank, Improved Critical, and Crane Style. Full-buffed she is almost unhittable, and she also has access to Mirror Image, Displacement, and Improved Invisibility. Her damage isn't great, but with Outflank and Improved Critical she is great for triggering extra attacks for the heavy-hitters. I guess that somewhere down the line I can get the second Paladin level to further improve her defenses, but a level of Sacred Fist would also be acceptable to improve her AC (and I wouldn't need to waste two feats to get Crane Style).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
So far I haven't done anything crazy, but Seelah is hard-carrying my party as a Paladin 1/Bard X.
Is it so bad to keep her as straight Paladin? On Hard?

Actually this is the sole setting that paladin can shine. But on the other hand paladin don't have much for group play especially when you compare her to a bard, skald or freebooter. She can excel on those better than paladin. Hell you can level her as an oracle too.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
What do you mean? She would be great as a straight Paladin since her stats are decent and Mark of Justice is insane in this game: between items and Abundant Smite you can smite without worrying too much about finishing your uses, and you can convert the AC bonus from Deflection to Sacred. Giving +6 to hit and AC, +13 to damage, and the ability to ignore every type of Damage Reduction to the entire party is ridiculous. I'd say it's Guarded Heart-levels of good. I don't like using shields on my frontliners and, since she has DEX 11, she can't go down the Shield Bash route unless you heavily multiclass her or go Trickster. Otherwise, with a better Dexterity, a Two-Weapon Fighting Paladin can deal high amounts of damage with Smite Evil.

I multiclassed her only because my MC is a Paladin and didn't want a second one in my party. I think 2 Paladins can work in this setting (and I'm probably going to play an all-Paladins party in the future, especially since I really want to try all the archetypes), but right now Smite Evil is bugged and two Paladins can't smite the same enemy (unless they fixed it with a recent patch).

The more I think about it, the more I want to try an all-Paladins playthrough. Due to the high variety between archetypes, I think a single-class party is possible for most classes, but Bards/Skalds and Paladins are the ones that I want to try first. I mean... with the base class + 7 archetypes you even have to discard some of them, it's absurd. "Base Paladin, Divine Hunter, Divine Scion, Hospitaler, Martyr, and Warrior of the Holy Light" sounds like a great party, maybe with the base Paladin multiclassed with Sorcerer.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Seelah also can add +all saves to any Goods based on CHA, and Ember and Sos have it, and so does Aru although she's CN (but maybe she can become Good later?). And there are other good spells.

For now my plan is to turn her into Lioness; if I am on a horse then she is pike-girl, if I am not on horse she goes on a horse.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
she can't go down the Shield Bash route unless you heavily multiclass her or go Trickster.

you can pick those feats with a +4 dex belt on her as a paladin, just remember to equip it when levelling up.
Did similar thing with Camelia for trip feats.
Wouldn't you be able to only pick the first one, though? I guess you can satisfy the requirements for Improved Two-Weapon Fighting if you also add Reduce Person, do you know if it works? As a Paladin with two "wasted" feat she is the epitome of a feat-starved character, but Smite Evil is so good on a character fighting with two weapons that it might be worth a try.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
if you also add Reduce Person, do you know if it works?
Only permanent (without any time limit) buffs are considered during level ups, and if a condition changes after the level up then the feat does not work. Was discussed in connection to Valerie intelligence and combat maneuvers.

So an item will work while Seelah wears it, but a spell will not.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
if you also add Reduce Person, do you know if it works?
Only permanent (without any time limit) buffs are considered during level ups, and if a condition changes after the level up then the feat does not work. Was discussed in connection to Valerie intelligence and combat maneuvers.

So an item will work while Seelah wears it, but a spell will not.
Well, with Greater Enduring Spell Reduce Person is basically permanent, it would be great if they'd allow it to work.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I guess you can satisfy the requirements for Improved Two-Weapon Fighting if you also add Reduce Person, do you know if it works?

Nah, buffs don't work. Only + bonuses from the gear allows that kind of feat selection. With +6 belt you will be able to get all two weapon feats though.
And yeah she hits like truck after smiting.

Shadenuat

Arcane
For Cam I want to try Sylvan Rogue. It's a Rogue that can use Witch hexes. But I am confused at what they would be based on. Intelligence?
My desire to turn her into some nothing personel kid on evil path was always high.

She can also be turned into Winter Witch, for whats it worth. That way Ember can be Sailor Mars and Cam Sailor Mercury and attack in tandem.

For Wendu I'd like me some axes. Since evils don't share, I thought Pack Barb to constantly share feats while raging and also sharing Reckless. Reckless gives ab to everything and rage gives damage to throwing weapons. Fighter 20 doesn't look bad either, and another class I wanna try is Nomad, ie melee Archer.
I can't say I like archers much though. or dex chars. or monks.

Lann Drovier for combat maneuvres hurr whatever don't like Lann.

Someone into Loremaster maybe, like Nenio.

And I am turning Ember into some burned anime-dex-melee and u r not stopping me. But that's for evil path (so is flame rays). For good paths, she only casts heals and good spells. Because she d never hurt anyone. She is a good person. Could she tell us we are also good persons? (stares at court poet)

Daeran, becomes a proper Knight somehow. Lord Noodlearms.

Regill, have no idea atm. Should he also ride a dog? Should everyone ride dogs? Is that princess mononoke game? Mystified.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
For Cam I want to try Sylvan Rogue. It's a Rogue that can use Witch hexes. But I am confused at what they would be based on. Intelligence?

I levelled her like that in beta and she become another beast , that build kinda fits her i think.
You can had double iceplant hex back then, dunno if its still possible. And yeah her DC was based on int., but as i said it was an early beta build.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've been playing Lann as a ZA3/DrovierX, although I'm going to likely drop him for waifu Aru this run.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Here's one for Greybor to compliment the Regill build I posted before.

Slayer 10/Ranger (Freebooter) 10

Starts at lvl 9 slayer:

10: Freebooter
11: Freebooter (Shield Bash [from Ranger Weapon and Shield Style], Outflank)
12: Freebooter (+1 STR)
13: Freebooter (Heavy Armour Proficiency)
14: Slayer (Greater 2WF)
15: Freebooter (Improved Critical: Dwarven War Axe)
16: Freebooter (+1 STR)
17: Freebooter (Iron Will, Shield Master)
18: Freebooter
19: Freebooter (Improved Iron Will)
20: Freebooter (+1 INT, Bashing Finish)

Mythic Abilities: Ever Ready, Leading Strike, Rupture Restraints, Unrelenting Assault, Destructive Shockwave
Mythic Feats: Mythic 2WF, Mythic Weapon Focus, Mythic Improved Critical, Flawless Attacks, Mythic Iron Will

I think it's a solid upgrade overall, with a few decent spells and the Freebooter abilities to give a decent boost for the party.

marek

Educated
Seelah as a skald also works great. I currently use her as regular skald, but now consider to take court poet since that rage doesn't disable spellcasting (you get +6 morale to mental stats instead of +3 to hit tho)

Anyway, everyone in melee gets enraged for +3 to hit, +5 competence (lethal stance) to hit, +10 to confirm critical hits (deadly accuracy), +1 critical hit multiplier (lethal accuracy).
I also took blindsense, immunity to fear and extra damage reduction but if you like to charge, the beast totem line gives everyone pounce (and natural armor+5) for some move+full attack fun.

So Pal1/Skald16/3 free
Got 3 levels of mutation warrior fighter for extra feats and +4 STR.

Like everyone says, twf works fine with a dex belt during lvl up (and buff otherwise). Would probably go twf weapon+shield since you get extra shield attacks on crit and currently a spiked shield+5 with shield master gives you +10 to hit (shield master+5, spiked shield+5). Only a single smite, but you can get a scroll for permanent +1 smite - 2/rest were all i needed.

uaciaut

Augur
What do you mean? She would be great as a straight Paladin since her stats are decent and Mark of Justice is insane in this game: between items and Abundant Smite you can smite without worrying too much about finishing your uses, and you can convert the AC bonus from Deflection to Sacred. Giving +6 to hit and AC, +13 to damage, and the ability to ignore every type of Damage Reduction to the entire party is ridiculous. I'd say it's Guarded Heart-levels of good. I don't like using shields on my frontliners and, since she has DEX 11, she can't go down the Shield Bash route unless you heavily multiclass her or go Trickster. Otherwise, with a better Dexterity, a Two-Weapon Fighting Paladin can deal high amounts of damage with Smite Evil.

I multiclassed her only because my MC is a Paladin and didn't want a second one in my party. I think 2 Paladins can work in this setting (and I'm probably going to play an all-Paladins party in the future, especially since I really want to try all the archetypes), but right now Smite Evil is bugged and two Paladins can't smite the same enemy (unless they fixed it with a recent patch).

The more I think about it, the more I want to try an all-Paladins playthrough. Due to the high variety between archetypes, I think a single-class party is possible for most classes, but Bards/Skalds and Paladins are the ones that I want to try first. I mean... with the base class + 7 archetypes you even have to discard some of them, it's absurd. "Base Paladin, Divine Hunter, Divine Scion, Hospitaler, Martyr, and Warrior of the Holy Light" sounds like a great party, maybe with the base Paladin multiclassed with Sorcerer.

Can you multi Seelah after getting MoJ tho'? Game doesn't give you any Bard/Skald so i'm looking to multi a companion myself - not sure if this is worthwhile though. Is taking a level of Scaled Fist worth it? Or is there any other companion you can multi to Bard/Skald? Went for an alchemist (incense archetype) btw.

I've seen people recommend making Larnn a cleric, but the game already provides you with 3 divine casters no - Camilla as a shaman, the aasimar Oracle and the human one, wouldn't it make more sense to make him a druid since game gives you nothing (i want to see as many classes as possible in my first playthrough).

Any other recommendations for a first playthrough?

Stoned Ape

Savant

Can you multi Seelah after getting MoJ tho'? Game doesn't give you any Bard/Skald so i'm looking to multi a companion myself - not sure if this is worthwhile though. Is taking a level of Scaled Fist worth it? Or is there any other companion you can multi to Bard/Skald? Went for an alchemist (incense archetype) btw.

I've seen people recommend making Larnn a cleric, but the game already provides you with 3 divine casters no - Camilla as a shaman, the aasimar Oracle and the human one, wouldn't it make more sense to make him a druid since game gives you nothing (i want to see as many classes as possible in my first playthrough).

Any other recommendations for a first playthrough?
A bard/skald is nice to have, but not necessary. Seelah can buff with MoJ, Arueshalae can share half her favored enemy bonus with the party (and use Instant Enemy to make sure that's always at the level of her 'best' favored enemy), Ember and Camellia both have access to Evil Eye (-2 AC to one target, both can hex the same one and it stacks. Base modifier increases to -4 after 8th level, so -8 AC to one target), Woljif gets debilitating injury at 4th level (-2 AC to sneak attacked target), Regill can get access to Nobility Domain via Hellknight for +2 to hit aura.

Lann can be decent multiclassed into any of druid, cleric, empyreal sorcerer, rogue, fighter, inquisitor, hunter, or ranger if you want. He's also great sticking to Zen Archer.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm doing an Unfair playthrough as a Demonslayer. I'm at the tavern, level 3. I can afford 2 mercs. What should I get as backup? I'm thinking a sensei. I'd also maybe like a Caster/Summoner, so maybe a Sylvan Sorcerer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom