Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WTF is this... stuffiethingie?!

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRfroCeDk2E

Suda 51's new game seems to be about, ahm, a zombie hunter cheerleader wielding a chainsaw shotgun, like, thingie that blast and cuts monsters into floating pink neon lights.

Eh?

I feel trolled. Or something.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
It looks carefully put together actually.

-Male gamer appeal-
cheerleader boobs
action gaming
zombies
blood
chainsaw
very probable cinematic kills with underwear shots

-Grrrl gamer appeal
you play as a girl
anti zombie cheerleader combat moves
cute sparkles when you kill zombies squee
possible bouncy retro soundtrack
yeah so what if I play lolipop chainsaw don't flirt with me silly boys

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
sgc_meltdown said:
yeah so what if I play lolipop chainsaw don't flirt with me silly moronic barbarian boys

Leigh Alexander's bumper sticker/thesis title

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Can we please have a subforum for console games, and in that forum have a subforum for anime shit? Thaaaanks.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
GIVE ME GAME!!!.

It is like they took a part of my mind and made it into a game. Only thing that would make this better would be if Platinum games helped make it.
Still SUDA 51 games are great in that fucked up way so I AM THERE!.
It looks so wonderfully dirty.

hedonismbot.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
Her tits aren't nearly big enough to appeal to ME! There better be breast size cheat codes/unlocks. I need choices.

Regdar

Arcane
Yes, yes... I can see it has a certain... appeal... to it.

So you're saying there were zombies in the trailer? Flabbergasting! I must have missed them somehow. Need to watch it again.

Yes, yes... mhm..

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's good that they've given up the pretense and just go straight for the stereotypes that sell now.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Could be fun if done in a self-aware way, just like Serious Sam did it back then, but I kind of have doubts.

Never really liked Suda51*, at least based off No More Heroes. The game was...well...banalshitboring. The humor was typical nerd schlock LOL WACKY ZANY ASSASSIN CHARACTERS HURHURHUR FUNNEH^ and the gameplay didn't really deliver. Fuck, MadWorld was better in just about every way, and that game wasn't exactly something special. At least it didn't make the "minigames" to unlock boss fights boring and completely detached from the overall gameplay. And the humor was a lot better, even though you heard the same lines far too often for what amounted to a 5-6 hour game.

Never tried Killer7, struck me as too po-mo for my tastes. Probably never will try it.

Anyway, since this thread is now about Japanofag brawlers/slashers, anyone know more about El Shaddai? Seems like it could be interesting, with the focus supposedly on stealing opponent's weapons which degrade with time. It could be total shit though, seeing as Gamefly pointed me in that direction, and a lot of brawlers/slashers turn out much bad.

*Seriously what the fuck kind of pseudonym is that? Really?

^Though really, it was more poor execution than anything. You can make collections of assorted over the top caricatures work if done well. Look at God Hand, Alpha Protocol, and Paper Mario. No More Heroes just failed in this for some reason.

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
Edward_E_Murrow said:
Anyway, since this thread is now about Japanofag brawlers/slashers, anyone know more about El Shaddai? Seems like it could be interesting, with the focus supposedly on stealing opponent's weapons which degrade with time. It could be total shit though, seeing as Gamefly pointed me in that direction, and a lot of brawlers/slashers turn out much bad.

Best game ever. Well, maybe not, but I really enjoyed trying it out on my friend's house and watching her play it for a while, and am planning to buy it myself. The story is way too cool if you are into Judeochristian mysticism and mythology, only with an extra serving of epic awesome that has more in common with the Gnostic point of view. The art is beautiful and very The Dreaming like, the animations are fluid and graceful, the monsters are weird, and both Enoch and Samael/Lucifel are way too cool and pretty hot. However, I doubt the plot will make a lot of sense if you are not familiar with the book of Enoch, the broken vessels of Kabbalah, and similar stuffies, even if their use of that is not precisely deep. Just cool. Very, very cool. And fun, there are so many references you might miss several if you as much as blink.

And the visuals made sweet love to my pretty eyes, over and over again for several hours.

However, as far as I understand it the english version hasn't been yet released. I can send you the japanese version's links if you want to try it out or something.

Angelo said:
Anybody else got reminded of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubbs_the ... a_Pulse%22 when hearing the song?

I can't believe I have lived without knowing of that game. Downloading right now.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Never really liked Suda51*, at least based off No More Heroes...

*Seriously what the fuck kind of pseudonym is that? Really?

His name is Suda Goichi and in Japanese, among other things, "go" means "5" and "ichi" means "1", so there you have it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom