Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X3

Quilty

Magister
I put a lot of time and effort into it, and the payoff was nil. I've finally given up on these huge empty space sim games.

So I play Freespace 2 instead. I recommend the same course of action.

DraQ

Arcane
DraQ said:
RaXz said:
Then play I-war, it has Newtonian laws. :wink: I hate it too when that is missing, but then again, if it really has to be hardcore, then the only sounds you will hear are interior sounds and the vibrations of the hull when you get hit.
Worked perfectly in Deadspace, despite it being a TPP shooter/survival horror. Also, you wouldn't see laser beams in outer space.

I think I'm going to pester Frontier Developments to include hardcore flag that would turn off rendering of lasers in outer space and playback of external sounds.
Bumpdate. My final verdict (haven't completed EoC yet, but I now know enough) is that I-War, while good and Newtonian isn't nearly as awesome as Frontier, especially in terms of astronomic correctness and feeling of spacey space.

Also, regarding EoC - autorepair makes your ship regenerate faster than health in modern console hits for faggots - what is this shit?

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
I got bored with it again, I guess we will have to do it with Frontier, I don't expect much of Elite 4 with the current state the industry is in.

It was the start of health regen.. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom