Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You Probably Won't Make It

YPWMI is a simple yet challenging freeware platformer, check it out it's pretty addictive.

http://you-probably-wont-make-it.en.sof ... m/download

3_y1.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Thanks a fucking lot. I was supposed to study for exams, and now I'm splattering myself all over some spikes instead.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Is this like that shitty I Wanna be the Guy game that everyone claims is hard because it has a ton of LOLO SURPRISE DEATH parts? Or is this actually challenging fo' realz?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No surprise deaths - you only die when you touch the spikes that are visible all the time.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Thanks a fucking lot. I was supposed to study for exams, and now I'm splattering myself all over some spikes instead.
I avoid the computer completely during exams.

In fact, anything that can divide my attention is bad, and I want to only be doing two things - quietly relaxing, or resuming my preparation.

Otherwise, it gets even more tiresome to study.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ok, fuck that. I gave up on level 18 which is built to the point that you CAN'T pass it, I think.

2ihv1n6.jpg

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:
Darth Roxor said:
I avoid the computer completely during exams.

In fact, anything that can divide my attention is bad, and I want to only be doing two things - quietly relaxing, or resuming my preparation.

Otherwise, it gets even more tiresome to study.

Still exams when you are 27 years old ?

RandomLurker

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
ok, fuck that. I gave up on level 18 which is built to the point that you CAN'T pass it, I think.

Yep. Otherwise the game is rather on the easy side of challenging platformers, way easier than, say, the N-game. Now that's a bucket of masochistic fun - especially the 8x column.

racofer

Thread Incliner
What a load of shit. You die by horizontally touching the spikes. Who the fuck gets hurt by touching a spike on it's side?

I don't know if it's possible to actually get past level 18, somebody looked at the code and found that there wasn't any after level 18; but then I have also seen a screenshot showing the guy right next to the level 18 door so I'm confuzzled.

Hobo Elf said:
Is this like that shitty I Wanna be the Guy game that everyone claims is hard because it has a ton of LOLO SURPRISE DEATH parts? Or is this actually challenging fo' realz?

Actually, IWBTG is pretty legitimately hard, when discounting the cheap deaths. The hardest parts in the game are the things that don't have surprises, like the bosses and a lot of areas. Hell, you start to want the surprise deaths back in force after awhile. Course, all the cheesy deaths are up early in the game so it's pretty discouraging, but I kinda had fun with it. Then again, I think I'm a bit of a masochist.

And some of the surprises were just devilishly clever too. The Ryu Hayabusa room was probably the best one.

Destroid

Arcane
Nikujin has way more interesting puzzles. Also it is harder, I made it to lvl 9 in about 10 minutes on this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom