Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Your Messiah betrays you.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
elkiAwb.png

Brian Fargo is playing Facebook games, Free To Play money trap at that :rpgcodex:

:decline:

Duraframe300

Arcane
IMPOSTOR ! :flamesaw:

Brian Fargo has been MAKING and SUPPORTING casual games for half a decade.

And for how he goes against publishers he still has publisher speak in his heart.

As such I'm not really sure how this is a surprise at all.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I don't exactly see how playing casual games implies disliking, not being in favour of, or favouring casual games over normal games.

When I am at home, I might play Might and Magic, Fallout, or Daggerfall.

When I am on a train or a plane on a long journey, I play Angry Birds to pass the time.

Moreover, I don't really see how casual games crowd out or hurt the integrity of normal games. It's two different forms of entertainment for two different kinds of time and place. I'd think it's really unlikely that Obsidian would stop making normal games and move to mobile and Facebook games completely, for example.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I don't exactly see how playing casual games implies disliking, not being in favour of, or favouring casual games over normal games.

When I am at home, I might play Might and Magic, Fallout, or Daggerfall.

When I am on a train or a plane on a long journey, I play Angry Birds to pass the time.

Moreover, I don't really see how casual games crowd out or hurt the integrity of normal games. It's two different forms of entertainment for two different kinds of time and place. I'd think it's really unlikely that Obsidian would stop making normal games and move to mobile and Facebook games completely, for example.

Please, tell me you think I was being serious.

Micmu

Magister
Nothing new, really. He did want to add Facefuck integration in his Wasteland 2 thing, did you already forget that?

Name

Cipher
So Mr.Fargo doesn't have Messiah complex. That's good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom