Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zeno Clash is out

Hobo Elf

Arcane
you can't save the game, but every single battle scenario is divided into a chapter anyways, so..

Tails

Arbiter
Zeno has amazing setting but gameplay is just medicore. Strange that this game has higher requirements than HL2...

SerratedBiz

Arcane
When I first read this game was being developed by some guys from South America I figured they must be brazilian or something. Just yesterday I read an article on the developers.

Nice to see this kind of work coming from my country. :tears

One of the things I liked about this game was the inclusion of enemies attacking each other if they accidentaly hit one of their own. It's been a while since that was implemented in a game.

Multi-headed Cow

So this got "FREE DLC" in the form of 3 new challenge maps I guess, and is $10 on Steam over the weekend.

Think I'll finally order it. Enjoyed Dark Messiah as a first person beat-em-up so this probably can't be bad for $10. Though on that note, Dark Messiah is $5 on Steam at the moment. Not bad if you like kicking goblins off cliffs, into spikes, into barrels or into fires.

The Wizard

Educated
just finished it. visuals were, as already said, fucking great. story is alright(although the telling... not so much and the devs are assholes for having a cliffhanger ending. spoiluuuur: i mean what the fuck is up with the rubiks cube, what will golem do, what the shit is that other barely clothed afrozenozoik version of golem? i hate it when they include something that literally punches you in the mouth and screams SEQUEL, MOTHERFUCKER!). fighting system is alright but could be heavily improved. all in all an alright game worth 10 bucks when you compare it to the other shitty action stuff that came out or to come out this year.

i wish those guys could have just perfectly copied messiahs melee combat system. it would have been perfect when considering the length of the game.

edit: after reading the developers message to pirates i am saddened that i'm unable to buy it. unemployment and nicotine addiction are whores.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
It's an indie game, duh.

Also, they promise that the sequel will be more like Oblibion, so don't worry. You will get what you need

Multi-headed Cow

Haven't finished it since I've been buying too much shit recently (And playing Fable 2. Fuck I'm having so much fun but it's so easy and small but UNGGGGGGGH THE FUN) but it does seem pretty decent at $10, maybe even the new $15 they're asking for it. The world's a treat with how weird it is, which almost makes me wish there were other games set in it so you could explore it more. Also having fun with the combat system. Not perfect, but deep enough to enjoyable.

Then again I'm having a good time with Fable 2 which is easy as falling off a log, so that might shoot any credibility I have right out the window.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
no lol , vin deisel is the worst thing about the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom