Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
xuerebx said:
He'll be the one losing, not us. I mean he'd be writing all those long posts for nothing, and if it is just a trolling act, well, he wasted 5 mins of my life, whilst god knows how much he would have wasted writing those up.

See what I mean. Too much effort to be fake.

You are clearly not familiar with Cleve.

denizsi

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
I never post under fake pseudonyms unless it's a nickname, everyone still knows it's me.

WHAAAAAAAAA SOMEBODY SAW MY SHITTY WORK AND TOLD EVERYONE ABOUT IT. LOL.

I've only posted once to the Unity Forum since I bought it and it was simply to say what a great tool it was. That was my one and only post ever to the Unity3D forum

Uh-huh. I think that at this point, anyone who's been familiar with your blog / forum posts knows that you have dozens of alts just to appease the sudden bursts of primitive internet behaviour you're ashamed of, dozens more to provide lame counter arguments to your own arguments to double-counter and put the spotlight on yourself as the winner of an argument, and some more to ask around about stuff you make everyone believe you know well.

I think you're talking about that small zombie shooter I put a link up to in this thread that they did with Unity3D.

I'm afraid I'm not, and I'm afraid you know that already.

Link me to something better you have done.

M-M-M-MULTILOL! A timeless internet classic. How many times have any of you heard this exact same question of divertion masquerading as an answer from the likes of Bethesda fans and whatnot? This, dear posters, is the moment of truth that has so far avoided showing its tragic head due to a well built wall of self control and subconscious to keep the enigmatic insecurities within. Only this time, he was caught unprepared because rarely does anyone get to call shit on him with him well knowing that he really is knee-deep in shit, where he doesn't have any clever answers to give, at least not before he manages to give it some time to come up with clever as usual replies.

You've got all kinds of problems and I don't have time to enumerate them all here.

Another internet classic. "I don't have time for this", except that this time, it only took one reply to reach that point because he knows what I've previously posted is well true.

xuerebx said:
How about pictures Cleve? You promised in May. It's July.

What I really want is a small in-browser Unity demo. Still working on something.

Like the one you took off last week? It's ok, you don't have to be so terribly insecure about it. It was ok, really. It's just that you didn't have to make up all the shit you made up in this thread before, about stuff you haven't even looked into. You can still implement all those things into your project, though.

Long story short, dear fellow Codexers, this project is real, uh, somewhat. The latest demo build I played just last week was a complete joke compared to the status reports in this thread. Demo was something like this: a very basic terrain with shitty boxes as buildings and trees and stuff. You had a shitty pistol. Shitty zombie models that had lots of missing animations. Sometimes they walk, sometimes they slide. Zombies come after you, but there's no collision, they all end up at the same spot when they reach you, at which point they stop showing any sign of life, except that you start taking damage. Very basic stuff. Nothing wrong with it really, as it looked more like an honest learning experience, but don't get ideas reading his crazy descriptions in this thread.

Durwyn

Prophet
This thread has a big Plane Ticketz potential. Looking forward to the moment when the knives will start to fly

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
denizsi said:
Like the one you took off last week? It's ok, you don't have to be so terribly insecure about it. It was ok, really. It's just that you didn't have to make up all the shit you made up in this thread before, about stuff you haven't even looked into. You can still implement all those things into your project, though.

Convenient it was taken off "last week," right? What good timing for you, what with you fabricating all this stuff ... this week.

You're the reason decent people never post on RPGCodex. You're fail as a person.

denizsi said:
Long story short, dear fellow Codexers, this project is real, uh, somewhat. The latest demo build I played just last week was a complete joke compared to the status reports in this thread. Demo was something like this: a very basic terrain with shitty boxes as buildings and trees and stuff. You had a shitty pistol. Shitty zombie models that had lots of missing animations. Sometimes they walk, sometimes they slide. Zombies come after you, but there's no collision, they all end up at the same spot when they reach you, at which point they stop showing any sign of life, except that you start taking damage. Very basic stuff. Nothing wrong with it really, as it looked more like an honest learning experience, but don't get ideas reading his crazy descriptions in this thread.

Interesting how this gets more elaborate as we go on. Do you understand now why your parents told you not to lie about something, because you have to make up even more crap as you go along to keep adding to it?

I've always been using the zombie animations from 3DRT.com, but of course you'd already know that if I had ever posted anything on Unity3d forums, wouldn't you? Actually, you'd know that if you were even familiar with the contents of this thread.

The 3DRT zombie mob set is incredible, low-poly and looks quite good in any setting. Since the kinetic plug-in comes with Unity3D out of the box, why would these zombies "slide" around?

My buildings have always had interiors in the project I have been working on, it's just that until I learned how to integrate Unity with Sketchup they weren't correctly proportioned interiors. For a while I was porting .DBO files from the FPS Creator map editor and they looked terrible but they still had interiors. It's just that the ceilings looked chest high and the windows looked larger than the doors. I fixed this problem once I got Sketchup Pro.

I have never posted screenshots of anything I have done yet, anywhere. It's because it is still experimental. Nothing is easy, even with Unity3D. Each and every night I have had to painstakingly learn a little bit more to streamline my workflow so I could get to where I am now where I can actually edit a building in sketchup on the right side of the screen and watch it update in the Unity window on the left in real time.

For example, for a couple of nights I had reversed faces in the interiors in places after importing and had no idea how to fix them all up at once. I found a Ruby script that does it for me automated. I learned about how to correct this problem on the Unity forums but I've never posted there, ever, for any reason, except one post to say what a great tool it was.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
If a refuge has a bounding fence, a second barricade can be built at the outer edge that serves to keep the zombies off the house so your "crew" can stand on the porch and fire shots at them until they are ready to bust through. I got a barricade model off The Game Creator Store that looks awesome and I am working on a general "barricade" poly model that increases the longer you work on it. Still tweaking this at present but this will work for sure. Mixed in some barbed wire and dragon's teeth posts with this that fade in as you keep adding to the barricade strength. Basically borrowed this from the flash game THE LAST STAND.

Putting % floating over all barriers so you can see how close they are to collapsing and the mob will pour through.

I think if I made this entire game take place in a single town I could have this game finished two months from today. If I go Grimoire and add twenty cities and all sorts of other feature creep it will blow out for sure.

Would the genre be worth $19.95 to pay for if it was one huge map to explore and a lot of replay value with randomized factors of various kinds in it?

This one map might have a shopping mall, office buildings, rural farmhouses, graveyard, cabins, mines, forest ... a really big area to explore, you could play the game many times without seeing it all. I have to optimize it for speed but so far it seems this would work just fine.

denizsi

Arcane
denizsi said:

Convenient it was taken off "last week," right? What good timing for you, what with you fabricating all this stuff ... this week.

Now it's my fault it was last week. If it came to this a week from now, it would've been 2 weeks, or if it were 6 days ago, it would have been a mere day, but it'd end up being "convenient" nonetheless. LOL.

You're the reason decent people never post on RPGCodex. You're fail as a person.

Just who are these decent people? Let's ask them.

Interesting how this gets more elaborate as we go on.

Just as your Unity game project gets more elaborate as we go on? R00FLES!

The 3DRT zombie mob set is incredible, low-poly and looks quite good in any setting. Since the kinetic plug-in comes with Unity3D out of the box, why would these zombies "slide" around?

Well obviously, you fucked something up, probably while trying to improve the default system. I wouldn't think of any other reason why it would be fucked up to begin with, but fucked up it was.

My buildings have always had interiors in the project I have been working on, it's just that until I learned how to integrate Unity with Sketchup they weren't correctly proportioned interiors. For a while I was porting .DBO files from the FPS Creator map editor and they looked terrible but they still had interiors. It's just that the ceilings looked chest high and the windows looked larger than the doors. I fixed this problem once I got Sketchup Pro.

Ok, hopefuly you'll put those in to your next demo build, assuming you'll put up one again. You probably will, though, just in one of the Unity community websites hosted elsewhere than official Unity forums.

If a refuge has a bounding fence, a second barricade can be built at the outer edge that serves to keep the zombies off the house so your "crew" can stand on the porch and fire shots at them until they are ready to bust through. I got a barricade model off The Game Creator Store that looks awesome and I am working on a general "barricade" poly model that increases the longer you work on it. Still tweaking this at present but this will work for sure. Mixed in some barbed wire and dragon's teeth posts with this that fade in as you keep adding to the barricade strength. Basically borrowed this from the flash game THE LAST STAND.

Putting % floating over all barriers so you can see how close they are to collapsing and the mob will pour through.

I think if I made this entire game take place in a single town I could have this game finished two months from today. If I go Grimoire and add twenty cities and all sorts of other feature creep it will blow out for sure.

Would the genre be worth $19.95 to pay for if it was one huge map to explore and a lot of replay value with randomized factors of various kinds in it?

This one map might have a shopping mall, office buildings, rural farmhouses, graveyard, cabins, mines, forest ... a really big area to explore, you could play the game many times without seeing it all. I have to optimize it for speed but so far it seems this would work just fine.

Sigh, here we go again. If any of this is real, and the web player demo you put up was something else for, I don't know, just for kicks or maybe to try your hand with setting up a web player, then just admit it, and maybe put up the real thing? Denial isn't getting you anyhwere.

Does anyone else find it absolutely bizarre that Cleve on one hand keeps preaching the imminent end of the world, and on the other hand asks for feedback on something incredibly inane like yet another zombie shooter game?

Andhaira

Arcane
Cleve doesn't predict the end of the world. he predicts WWIII, nuclear holocausts around the globe, a new ice age, reversal of the earth's magnetic poles, and solar flares from the sun. He intends to survive all this in his bunker. When he emerges, I bet he plans to be the only dude selling video games on theopen market. Since he will have no competition he will quickly become a millionaire.

denizsi

Arcane
yet another zombie shooter game?

YET? How many zombie games are there at all that would be interesting to the average Codexer, eg. game mechanics involving exploration, scavenging, pre-planning ie, basic PA survival in a zombie setting? NONE. AT. ALL.

denizsi said:
yet another zombie shooter game?

YET? How many zombie games are there at all that would be interesting to the average Codexer, eg. game mechanics involving exploration, scavenging, pre-planning ie, basic PA survival in a zombie setting? NONE. AT. ALL.

Well, scratch the "yet another" then. :lol: But even a zombie apocalypse survival simulator that would be up to the Codex's Angry Cunt Grade Standard(tm) is still pretty inane.

nomask7

Arcane
Denizsi, did it ever occur to you that this "Cleve" you talk about might have been some crazy Codexer (such as Chefe) in a quest to "embarass" Cleve, supposedly by spending his days, thanks to social welfare benefits, in an attempt to come up with a decent demo or screen shots before Cleve does? Given this is the Codex, that's the most probable explanation for what you saw. So, do you ever think before posting?

Baley

Liturgist
Guys, I think we keep impersonating Cleve, we could actually finish Grimoire. Then we can really embarrass him.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
nomask7 said:
Denizsi, did it ever occur to you that this "Cleve" you talk about might have been some crazy Codexer (such as Chefe) in a quest to "embarass" Cleve, supposedly by spending his days, thanks to social welfare benefits, in an attempt to come up with a decent demo or screen shots before Cleve does? Given this is the Codex, that's the most probable explanation for what you saw. So, do you ever think before posting?

Funny how Denizsi made up this fantastic and elaborate story and not once during this time did he ever link over to that forum, rather he waited until it was taken down "just last week" before telling everybody that screenshots and a web demo had been available for my game.

What was my nickname over there? Keep elaborating on your little story.

This is why you can't talk about anything on the Codex without the idiots ruining it. This guy is a prime example. My interest was in hearing if anybody else thought there was a demand for this type of game concept. Obviously, stupid to post here on the Codex to hear that kind of discussion.

Listen, how was I doing the lighting for my game? Because I've been using a tool here to bake my lightmaps in addition to real time lights and it's 95% of the reason my maps have looked awesome no matter how crappy the architecture was. Surely if I had ever posted so much as a single screenshot over there I would have commented on my lighting pipeline. I've never mentioned it here.

... and you're saying that my 3DRT zombies looked lousy in this imaginary post on the imaginary forum over at Unity3D? In my experience, they have looked good no matter what. They look very George Romero. They weren't cheap, either.

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/characters/real ... -shots.htm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom