Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

SmokedWolf

Scholar
so screw any thoughts on whether this is legit or not..

but Zombieroguelikefps sounds cool.

-liked the clipboard idea, planning your own missions for the day.

-will there be interactable npcs?

-traps traps traps traps.... many kinds. Grenades hooked up to trip wires. The old hole in the ground covered over. Ropes tied with metal and glass shards to chime when someone/thing knocks them. Bear traps. Traps to catch wild animals for food, to use humans as bait?

-how hi-tech are we talking? tagging zombies to follow a herd? Or do you just want to get the frag away from a herd?

-vehicles? or too tough to implement?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I got something great figured out just through trial and error.

You can only use nail boards over the windows inside your designated refuge. The other buildings you can search and explore but only your refuge can be defended so when the zombies start swarming you'd better get back there fast. Any other place will be a death trap during the blood frenzy stage.

I got the bear traps in the game but they don't work. Plan to add the rarer land mine, the old standby propane tank (has worked since the earliest version) and the trip wire claymores. Getting there.

Screenshots soon or bust.

Propane tank came as part of an FPS pack I bought years ago, it's awesome looking as-is but once I added some specular in Unity3D it's totally excellent.

xuerebx

Erudite
xuerebx said:
Anyway, Cleve, we must see some screenshots before July ;) Screenshots of game design (coding, texturing etc) should be at least sufficient.

You've got 2 days left.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Got Sketchup Pro import working dynamically with iterative asset import!!!!

YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

You should see the sci-fi level I built in about an hour's work. Add lights and I faked some chrome with some HDRI maps and then I had to change my underwear because I simply could not believe I did something that looked that good. Makes Penumbra Overture look sad by comparison. All my lights have corona flares, realtime water reflections, real-time shadows.

I turned my entire asset management upside down and started to import all my quality assets into Sketchup, add them to the component library and texture them inside Sketchup Pro!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I dreamed about game design environments like this thirty years ago writing games for the Commodore 64.

I have to go to bed now. I have to get up for work in the morning. I am so excited I don't know if I will be able to sleep.

Seriously hope Grimoire II is this much fun to make. Very iterative and that's what makes for fun design for computer games. I don't think I've felt this good since 1987 about games programming. I get immediate feedback and if I don't like it, I exit and tweak the archiecture, come back into Unity3D and the asset pipeline has already imported my changes.

Can you guys handle these screenshots when I put them up here? I don't want to cause any brain embolisms.

Seeing the progress I have made, I think my Penumbrish-style game has moved to the front priority of what I want to make first. It's got zombies but it's very unconventional, the story and setting are something special.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Yes yes, put those screenshots up.

Let's see if a one-man job really does produce something of mainstream polish.

Apoc_Tao

Novice
Well, Cleve is certainly declining. I remember he used to have high standards in his trolling. This sad attention whoring(which may or may not be trolling) is disappointing.

Anyway, are you people really sure this is the *REAL* Cleve and not just some troll? Something is really off in this thread.

denizsi

Arcane
Calm down, people. I've spotted Cleve at Unity3D forums. He had a different handle but it was easy to tell it was him. I've seen some of what he's been doing and it's pretty much horseshit. It's a failed Doom clone with shitty map geometry, shitty movement, shitty controls, shitty zombies. It was just shit all the way. He hopes to <s>trick</s> get someone to do levels for him so he can show some stuff and keep this parade going on for a while.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
denizsi said:
Calm down, people. I've spotted Cleve at Unity3D forums. He had a different handle but it was easy to tell it was him. I've seen some of what he's been doing and it's pretty much horseshit. It's a failed Doom clone with shitty map geometry, shitty movement, shitty controls, shitty zombies. It was just shit all the way. He hopes to <s>trick</s> get someone to do levels for him so he can show some stuff and keep this parade going on for a while.

First of all, there's only one kind of person in the world who uses a fake name on an internet forum and that's a stone cold faggot. That's you. Don't get us confused. You were born just that sorry and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm not saying I'm a person of superior character, I actually am a person of superior character. I never post under fake pseudonyms unless it's a nickname, everyone still knows it's me.

I've only posted once to the Unity Forum since I bought it and it was simply to say what a great tool it was. That was my one and only post ever to the Unity3D forum.

I think you're talking about that small zombie shooter I put a link up to in this thread that they did with Unity3D. I actually linked through to that because it had some of the basic concepts I was talking about. It didn't look great but was a very nice little minigame done in Unity3D. Link me to something better you have done.

You've got all kinds of problems and I don't have time to enumerate them all here.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
12 pages of

carrot-and-stick.jpg

Well done, nuCodex.

xuerebx

Erudite
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
xuerebx said:
How about pictures Cleve? You promised in May. It's July.

What I really want is a small in-browser Unity demo. Still working on something.

Ok, but you do need to show something soon.

I haven't said anything yet, but I (we) can't keep on waiting and waiting you know...I mean we need something to see or use.

xuerebx

Erudite
He'll be the one losing, not us. I mean he'd be writing all those long posts for nothing, and if it is just a trolling act, well, he wasted 5 mins of my life, whilst god knows how much he would have wasted writing those up.

See what I mean. Too much effort to be fake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom