Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I thought we were done with mod-enforced megathreads?

What to do with the "List of Incline - 2015 Edition" thread

• Total voters
Weasel
I don't really understand why there couldn't be a thread in the PoE subforum on this issue. I understand that perhaps you wouldn't want every PoE thread descending into this discussion, but some posts were retardoed and others went to be buried the SJW thread which most people have no interest in frequenting.

It seems reasonable to have a thread dedicated to the PoE-specific issue as people want to discuss it. Looking through retardoland as Roxor has pointed out does make it seem as through censorship on the Codex is increasing which is a shame.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Nothing was censored, some posts were moved. If stuff was retardoed unfairly that's a problem, but moving clutter to another place is not censorship, and you're daft if you can't tell the difference.

I constantly move threads that are not about science from SCIENCE to GD.
Lots of stuff was moved to retardo for not a lot of reason.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nothing was censored, some posts were moved. If stuff was retardoed unfairly that's a problem, but moving clutter to another place is not censorship, and you're daft if you can't tell the difference.

Lots of stuff was moved to retardo for not a lot of reason.

I do not condone moving stuff to retardo unless it's filler, spam or someone re-posting moved stuff after a warning. I believe in most cases moving to a designated filler thread is enough, and I mostly only condone such moderation in gaming-related forums.

I hold no power in GRPG, however.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher

what are you an idiot? if sjw stuff (whether bullshit or not) that involves pillars of eternity can't be a thread on the pillars of eternity subforum that is censorship. it makes sure that the pillars of eternity subforum is clean of bad publicity at least from that point of view. yes sjw is stupid but if the fucking developers seem to be able to take it seriously enough to change the game then there should be a serious thread about it on the fucking game subforum.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
what are you an idiot? if sjw stuff (whether bullshit or not) that involves pillars of eternity can't be a thread on the pillars of eternity subforum that is censorship.

Dictionary:

Censorship is the suppression of [STUFF]

If you retards want to debate the fact that you hate faggots and so hate that Eder might be a faggot, Politics is where you should be headed. Don't whine about "MUH RIGHTS" because you are asking to take a dump in the toilet instead of the living room.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
what are you an idiot? if sjw stuff (whether bullshit or not) that involves pillars of eternity can't be a thread on the pillars of eternity subforum that is censorship.

Dictionary:

Censorship is the suppression of [STUFF]

If you retards want to debate the fact that you hate faggots and so hate that Eder might be a faggot, Politics is where you should be headed. Don't whine about "MUH RIGHTS" because you are asking to take a dump in the toilet instead of the living room.
yes censorship is the suppression of stuff. in this case it suppresses bad publicity due to pussy staff having taken pussy approach to sjw extremists. and it is done by removing any discussion about it either in several short threads or in one megathread inside the pillars of eternity subforum although backers were pushed around, fanbase was hurt/disappointed/ignored and the game itself has been altered with priority to sjw over bugs.
what more do you need?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't need your opinions to be surpressed. Like I said, I don't agree with the decision to retardo legitimate posts. I have no empathy towards your whine that you can't discuss your retarded topics in the code-string of your choosing, however.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I need your opinions to be surpressed. Like I said, I don't agree with the decision to retardo legitimate posts. I have no empathy towards your whine that you can't discuss your retarded topics in the code-string of your choosing, however.
you don't have to like shit to mod a forum. stuff that belongs together should also stay together. keeping sjw related threads in a sjw megathread regardless of their connection to altered games is the same as keeping all bug related threads in a bug megathread regardless of which game they apply to. my personal choice would have been general rpg discussion but then i remembered there was a subforum especially created for pillars of eternity in the same manner one was created for wasteland 2 with emphasis on mods not merging stuff.
keeping your empathies private should be a no-brainer.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, this isn't an issue about moving a thread to a more appropriate forum, it's an issue about a more or less legitimate thread being not only moved from its appropriate subforum, but merged with another, only slightly related thread.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That's nice, but it's not really comparable to moving a thread about PoE out of the PoE forum into a huge megathread in General Gaming.

Refer to my example about Eder being a faggot. I am unmoved by your inability to discuss your political butthurt in the forum of your choosing, like I said.

If you disagree, you disagree, but it's no use explaining it: I understand, and I don't agree.

(by thinking it is connected to publicity somehow, you prove less that you have an honest concern about thread-moving and more that you're a conspiratorial loony)

Last edited:
Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's nice, but it's not really comparable to moving a thread about PoE out of the PoE forum into a huge megathread in General Gaming.

Refer to my example about Eder being a faggot. I am unmoved by your inability to discuss your political butthurt in the forum of your choosing, like I said.

If you disagree, you disagree, but it's no use explaining it: I understand, and I don't agree.

(by thinking it is connected to publicity somehow, you prove less that you have an honest concern about thread-moving and more that your a conspiratorial loony)
Your opinion is retarded. We have a subforum for a specific game. Threads about that game go in that subforum. If you don't like a thread, it's not that difficult to just not go in it.

And lol nigga show me where I ever talked about publicity ever.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The thread in question wasn't even centered on LOL SJWS SUCK but on how Obsidian altered a piece of content because SJWs complained about it. Yeah, it was only an irrelevant kickstarter reward memorial, it was done with the consent of the backer, and it's not really important, but it is slightly worrying when content is changed in a patch because someone, somewhere got butthurt about that content.

It is a legitimate thread about the game and its content, and not focused on politics or trolling or whatever.

Shannow

Waster of Time

Stop grunking. Of course stuff was censored. Moving stuff to where not even 5% of those who would normaly have read it, will read it, is suppression. Especially if it's moving PE relevant stuff out of the PE forum, merging threads that are only loosely connected or retardoing shit on a whim. And all of that without informing people. Without taking responsibility. And yes, it feels like this is intentional, in order to make the codex a prestigious magazine, fit for sucking dev cock and slurping mountain dew. But clean up the cesspit and all that's left is an edgy and trying too hard RPGWatch.
I gave examples of what's ok to retardo or censor. Nobody disagreed with those. Many disagree with the current practice.
And either you fully agree with the current censorship or you stop defending it. You don't get to pretend you disagree with it and still defend it.
If neither Tron nor Frank accept responsibility it's Jaesun or VoD. I'll assume Jaesun since he's over-moderated before. Great to see whoever is doing it defending his behaviour here. Oh wait, he isn't... Decline of the old-fags.
You really weren't kidding when you said you'd constantly need to be told to stop grunking. Just take this to cover many of your posts ITT and any shit in the near future and we're good.

In b4 this post gets censored "retardoed/merged"

Reapa

Doom Preacher

(by thinking it is connected to publicity somehow, you prove less that you have an honest concern about thread-moving and more that your a conspiratorial loony)
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/retardo-land.17/
if you scroll down beyond the stickies you might see a pattern or you might choose to close your eyes and believe this is a conspiracy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't need your opinions to be surpressed.

I need your opinions to be surpressed.

freudian slip? :lol:

Should make that one my new sig as well!

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/retardo-land.17/
if you scroll down beyond the stickies you might see a pattern or you might choose to close your eyes and believe this is a conspiracy.

A wise man once said:

"Don't attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by butthurt." My own guess would be Jaesun who seems to be the most heavy-handed of us by far. I have access to all moderator forums and so know that there is no conspiracy to hide your pathetic butthurt over trans-jokes. It is but the result of one man's crusade against shitposting.

How would a conspiracy to hide SJW butthurt even begin to make sense anyway? WE HAVE A FUCKING SMILEY THAT POKES FUN AT TRANSSEXUALS YOU GOD DAMNED IMBECILE

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

There is a huge difference between moving an entire thread - unaltered - from SCIENCE!! to GD and merging a new thread into a megathread. Like several people have already pointed out, many users don't bother with megathreads that have grown to several hundred pages. This is compounded by the fact that the "Obsidian is prioritizing twitter whining higher than gamebreaking bugs" message in the thread is now being drowned out by "lol here's a picture of landwhales making an ass out of themselves" in the megathread.

Megathreads have become a second retardo. It's a place where moderators with too thin skin to moderate the codex shove posts they find problematic. Because like Retardo, once a post is moved there, nearly noone will know how to find it again. They certainly won't discover it by chance. And it needs to stop, or we're on a slippery slope towards becoming like the forums we usually mock.

don't leak private forum posts you retard

Darkunderlord has moved entire Moderator forum threads to site feedback on a whim in the past. Don't get your panties in a knot.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
dark underlord is the site admin, darth roxor is a reviewer who is just privy to some behind the scenes info

Angthoron

Arcane
I have to say that it's funny how a non-issue that nobody gives a fuck about gets to such a buttsore.

Oh wow, so Obsidian made changes to one of the backer texts because someone found it offensive! Interesting, but hardly unexpected. What's more surprising is that it made it into the game to begin with, but that's just my opinion. Do you see a thread on this surviving very long? Do you see a lot of people being interested? I sure as fuck don't. At the same time, I don't see why it shouldn't be in a thread on PoE. Sure, it's not really a topic worthy of debate, but it's just about as valid as the thread with "fanfic" posts. I mean, that Never Again thread should probably go to Library by all accounts, if we apply the same heavy hand to every offtopic-ish item.

Just let it be, it'll die off on its own, precisely because of the zero value that it provides.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom