Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I thought we were done with mod-enforced megathreads?

What to do with the "List of Incline - 2015 Edition" thread

• Total voters

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
RPG Codex: The home of reactionary minorities who wish they were white. :troll:

Never forget:

B1EghvUCcAAU-lV.png

index.php

Arcane
It was a really shitty thing to do. :decline:

EDIT: I really hate how Infinitron and Croked Bee are trying to turn the Codex into a Something Awful clone.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's not a megathread, nor is it a standard thread at all. It's an information post updated constantly by me to keep the poor unenlightened souls of this forum aware of the release dates of upcoming games. Most of the responses to it are from me, declaring new ETA dates for various games as I discover them.

Maybe if you guys didn't merge everything into megathreads people wouldn't need a megathread summary megathread to get info from.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sounds about right Broseph
"They call me a banana because I'm yellow of the outside with an amazon tribesman inside me" - Ian Miles Cheong

hivemind

Just make a "white" tag and give it to outstanding defenders of the white race(myself included of course).

Weasel
Requesting more word filters should be an instaban offense, right up there with hacking the forum and bra size queries.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah let's take a stupid GD meme and infect the rest of the Codex with it, I'm sure the people here to talk about RPGs will love it.

My favorite Dark Souls covenant is Way of the Tribesman.

Politics and Wealth of Nations' posts should take quite an interesting turn with this change.

I am glad you don't see yourself as part of "the white race" brady. We don't see anti-whites like you as one of us either.

Thank Christ.

Ever notice how anti-whites like brady continually attack whites, but they never leave white areas?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
One thing that has been given much discussion in recent times is how seemingly everything is being split or merged in retarded ways, which not only creates clutter, but is also annoying, and often gives you that 'dude, where's my post' feeling. This has been brought up countless times already, and barely anything has been done about it, even though I believe everyone hates that shit except the mods that do it.

However, there is another matter that I wanted to discuss!!! today. Out of morbid curiosity, I took a dive into retardo. This is how its first page looks at the moment:

Ptxbxu.png

EovYCw.png

JiFwIh.png

"sjw shit", "sjw shit", "sjw shit", "gd shit", "off-topic", "wrong thread" that are one-post splits of content the moderator in question found to rustle his jimmies because he's a pussy-ass faggot. And the tendency for the other pages is just about the same.

Now let us inspect some of this horrible material that should never see the light of day...

Unsurprisingly, most of the recent 'sjw shit' 'threads' are about Obsidian's latest cave-in to retards on the internet. It is a legit topic for outrage that should have its own thread in the poe forum, but it would seem a part of it just gets retardo'd, while the other is merged into the sjw megathread that is frequented only by a handful of dedicated customers to rot out of sight, which only adds to the chaos because most people don't read that thread on a daily basis, so they take to the relevant poe topics in the poe forum, not knowing that this is discussed elsewhere. But I suppose having topics like this in broad daylight is against the codex's new mission, which is pumping Obsidian's score on metacritic.

Of course, there are more 'sjw shit' retardo topics out there, and in the case of many of them, I can hardly find the reason behind smacking them with the righteous modhammer.

Moving on, we have the 'gd shit', which is, for example, this:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gd-shit.98242/

a short [stoic] exchange of opinion between two [passionate] gentlemen that is business as usual for this forum. Personally, I find it downright puzzling that someone looked at these two harmless posts and said 'I SHALL HAVE NONE OF THIS RETARDO!'.

And then, there is also the 'wrong thread':

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wrong-thread.97771/

I don't even know which was the 'weirdest thread of the day', but apparently this user thought it to be so, and I cannot immediately state whether he was wrong, but in his mind, he's never gonna die in no retardo ghetto it was doubtlessly the case. Plus, that's a pretty cool art piece that I would have never seen without diving into retardo.

As said before, the following pages of the retardo land forum are full of similarly evil and outrageous content that should be purged with extreme prejudice lest someone's 4-years-old daughter sees it. And looking at this, I can only ask, 'what the fuck happened to this forum'. Back in the day mods would only get rid of stuff that really was obnoxiously retarded, and mostly only after it had outstayed its welcome as a source of lulz as well, and they would airstrike only the stuff that was NSFW. Those were good times. These are not good times. And I'm starting to get annoyed by them more and more with every day.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
After GamerGate, nearly every gaming forum and every gaming thread overflowed with discussions on the topic. I have no problems whatsoever that a decision was made to confine that shit to its own specific thread, which promptly reached 1200 fucking pages, making me shudder to think of the clutter all other threads would deal with had the decision not been made. But then again, if you were actually serious and not just butthurt to the point of bursting, you probably wouldn't seriously suggest that there's a secret plot to "pump Obsidian's score on metacritic" (an even weirder accusation considering you have access to the content forum and can see everything that goes on there). As for excessive merging, I believe that is a different topic altogether (one where the two of us agree completely), but I've found that after the creation of the new forums, such merging has become less of a problem. I really like the multitude of threads in the PoE forum debating more or less one topic per thread. I can't speak to whether it still goes on in GRPG. If it does, I agree with you.

I find it hilarious to suggest that the edit of a backer note based on a backer's willing consent is a "topic for legit outrage". It's probably the only example I've seen where THIS IS AN OUTRAGE was not meant ironically, and I think anyone who actually gets upset over it are fucking pathetic. But it is a valid topic for discussion as most all things are on the Codex. Luckily, you have a thread where you can fart about such bullshit to your heart's content.

I probably wouldn't even move the thread if you started a discussion in politics about it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But then again, if you were actually serious and not just butthurt to the point of bursting, you probably wouldn't seriously suggest that there's a secret plot to "pump Obsidian's score on metacritic"

hook, line and sinker

(an even weirder accusation considering you have access to the content forum and can see everything that goes on there)

like this?

Infinitron on the codex getting a review key said:
Sensuki has expressed an interest in taking possession of this key to aid him in his volunteer QA work. There's still a week left to help Obsidian find more bugs and prop up dat Metacritic score...

:discohitler:

After GamerGate, nearly every gaming forum and every gaming thread overflowed with discussions on the topic. I have no problems whatsoever that a decision was made to confine that shit to its own specific thread, which promptly reached 1200 fucking pages, making me shudder to think of the clutter all other threads would deal with had the decision not been made.

Sure enough, but there is a difference between confining gamergate shit into that thread and the frenzied merging/retardoing of every post that even remotely mentions Anita Sarkeesian et al, which is just about what is happening right now.

I find it hilarious to suggest that the edit of a backer note based on a backer's willing consent is a "topic for legit outrage".

"Based on a backer's willing consent" is a very nice euphemism for putting him up against a wall because someone, somewhere, got triggered dead by a random line of text. It's a whole different level of pathetic when this inconsequential someone, somewhere, is apparently put above a backer who splurged, what, 500 dorra to have that memorial in? This is not even gamergate shit, at this point it's just something else.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, if you took that as a serious comment I'm tempted to say "QED".

but there is a difference between confining gamergate shit into that thread and the frenzied merging/retardoing of every post that even remotely mentions Anita Sarkeesian et al, which is just about what is happening right now.

There is?

It's a whole different level of pathetic

You're right, getting upset at something like this is more pathetic than even Liberal's meltdowns. The only thing more pathetic than getting triggered by a bad joke on a backer note is getting upset that it's getting edited.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, if you took that as a serious comment I'm tempted to say "QED".

I feel like saying 'right back at you', considering that my original statement about the 'codex's new mission' was tongue in cheek at best.

There is?

There is.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
don't leak private forum posts you retard

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I find it hilarious to suggest that the edit of a backer note based on a backer's willing consent is a "topic for legit outrage".

"Based on a backer's willing consent" is a very nice euphemism for putting him up against a wall because someone, somewhere, got triggered dead by a random line of text. It's a whole different level of pathetic when this inconsequential someone, somewhere, is apparently put above a backer who splurged, what, 500 dorra to have that memorial in? This is not even gamergate shit, at this point it's just something else.
h0QA7tj.jpg

This is self-censorship.

You can call it consent if you like, but it's not what he actually wanted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom