Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
How about an i3 and RX 470, because I'm not budging from my premium toaster machine made for turn based games and terraria.
Terraria on that after 1.3 murdered the performance? Unless you play with the white lighting.
What? Terraria on max settings runs perfectly fine on that.
There's no way you're playing with the smooth color lighting at constant 60FPS on that, those "optimizations" they made ended up running worse than an Unity game.
Just checked and I am running with smooth color lighting. How do I check the fps?
I think it's F9 or F10. You never notice the game going choppy randomly (or slowing down if you have frame skip off)? It's that shit that drove me crazy, it was never an issue in 1.1.
Also the fact that the added biome backgrounds affect performance says a lot. Fucking Amiga games had parallax backgrounds.
Ok good thing that you told me about this, because apparantly I was running at 50FPS. But I also saw I had frame skip set to subtle. So I turned frame skip to off and F10 shows I'm running at an unmoving 60FPS. Game is noticeably faster now, which is cool. I'm not sure about frame skip but it seems to have been slowing down the game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mh4 guildmarm is still best girl

tumblr_nt0bwbMca21ssr51lo1_640.jpg

latest

would_you_like_the_quest_of_love__hunter__by_joethesix-d8nxmpu.jpg

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fucking hell I've got a backlog the size of the Bible and I've just pre-ordered this on the strength of YouTube videos in this thread that tickled me. It does look good though, confident I won't have buyers remorse.

GMG still has it at £40.99 if anyone else is wavering.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I bought a key over at Fanatical for the standard version. But I got the deluxe version with the (presumably) worthless items. YMMV of course.

Perkel

Arcane
Apparently thanks to denovo MHW requires FMA3 instruction set which means any CPU before i5-4xxx series (including mine) is fucked and won't even boot game !

Thanks denovo !

Literally need to wait for crack so i can play my legit copy.

:prosper::prosper::prosper::deathclaw:

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Apparently thanks to denovo MHW requires FMA3 instruction set which means any CPU before i5-4xxx series (including mine) is fucked and won't even boot game !

Thanks denovo !

Literally need to wait for crack so i can play my legit copy.

:prosper::prosper::prosper::deathclaw:

That's already fixed in the chinese version apparently. May have to wait for it to be patched in the western version. Hopefully just a matter of hours. Maybe it'll even be done by the time this downloads :V

Perkel

Arcane
i wonder what the patch is. Maybe they uploaded older version of denovo exe.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah i fully expect this selling 3-4 mln lifetime on PC. Especially if it will get G-expansion in near future

And yeah thrist is real:

oW5uHhA.jpg

deama

Prophet
No 21:9 support either, might not even be able to mod it in cause of Denuvo #sadface

Perkel

Arcane
I think it is actually doing much better than i expected. Look at this. MHW got into strict top 10 ever of concurent users and that is non weekend day and just few hours after release where shitload of people still download game (no preload)

While concurrent users don't necessarily transfer to big sales i think my estimate of 3-4 mln might be conservative.

0HFaji5.jpg

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, now that it's out, anyone checked how well optimized the PC version is?

According to my own experience and browsing the Monster Hunter subreddit, it's shit. Even very powerful machines struggle to maintain 60fps on the highest settings. That being said, the image quality difference between high and low settings isn't very drastic. Lowering some settings (volumetric lighting especially) improves performance a lot.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Why do people always assume you should be able to run a new game at the highest settings at infinite fucking speed? It's called future proofing. You put in settings that aren't meant to be used until years later when stronger hardware is around.

Vorark

Erudite

Thanks denovo !

Lolwat.

Anyway, good numbers. Hope the game does well. No chance I can run it decently right now, gonna pick a cheap PS4 copy later.

Runs at 50-60fps at 1080p on my ancient i5 3570k (4.3 ghz) and gtx 1070 . Good enough for me.

However, CPU utilization is always close to 100% and it's the first game that I've seen that maxes out my GPU usage at 1080p. Optimized it ain't.

deama

Prophet
Didn't this game get released yesterday? Why is this place so quiet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom