Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That article read like some garbage written by a bot to sell video cards anyways.

Perkel

Arcane
"Do note that the aforementioned numbers appear to be minimum framerates as the user provided a comparison between the Highest settings with and without Volume Rendering Quality, and the game was running with 78fps. Still, it’s pretty obvious that PC gamers will need a GTX1080Ti in order to play it at 1440p, despite the fact that the game’s visuals are similar to those found in the console version."

Oh yeah we forgot to tell you those are MINIMUMS - some retard.

So basically one dip and game which averages 130 fps will be stated as 13fps because for a half second once it dipped for some reason.

Secondly highest settings usually very very minimal benefits over high which means as long as you have mediacore GPU you will probably be able to lock to 60fps and 1080p no problem.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just having no slowdowns/lag would be a huge improvement, especially for multiplayer. I'd trade half the fps for freedom from teleporting monsters and phantom attacks, thanks.

Perkel

Arcane
Just having no slowdowns/lag would be a huge improvement, especially for multiplayer. I'd trade half the fps for freedom from teleporting monsters and phantom attacks, thanks.

that has nothing to do with FPS but all to do with server side rubberbanding or PnP rubberbanding. Basically what you do when you join to someone is aproximation. There are very few online games that offer you lockstep mode which basically means 1:1 experience with server.

You might ask why use rubberbanding then if lockstep exist ? Pings. If you have high ping (depending on game but usually above 50-60) you get stutter as in your game waits for response of server. With rubberbanding you can play even with high pings as server from time to time "catches" up to your local instance when ping is good.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm sure the PC would still be better, but as I recall, the performance on the PS4 Pro wasn't as bad as what's seen on the PS4 screen. I'm also curious if the PC set up was on a SSD. Looks great on PC though.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Just an FYI I have a SSHD in my PS4. Not nearly as slow as the stock PS4 HDD.

but I digress.

PC Master Race is a meme for a reason.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Updating my list:

List of weapons I hate/dislike:

Lance
Gunlance
Greatsword
Charge Blade
Insect Glaive
Hunting Horn

List of weapons I love/like:

Dual Blades
Light Bowgun
Heavy Bowgun
Switch Axe
Bow
Sword and Shield
Hammer
Longsword

I made a Palico Heavy Bowgun build. Using the Griffon Blazooka since Kulve is a filthy whore and won't give me any good HBG/LBGs.

Between me and my Palico I downed a Tempered Lunastra in 17 minutes. Basically all I did was shoot the blue kitty with Normal 3 ammo, some Wyvern Fires, and my Wyvernsnipe while my kitty pummeled her. Quite impressed I must say.

This video was my inspiration:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
One of the zillion performance preview articles already stated it ran at a steady 60fps on medium settings at 1080p on a mid-range system of quad-core i7 (newer i7's are six-core), 8gb of ram and 1060gtx.

This is all that's needed.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
NVIDIA drivers for Monster Hunter: World are out. Wonder how those affect performance (if at all).

Gerrard

Arcane
How about an i3 and RX 470, because I'm not budging from my premium toaster machine made for turn based games and terraria.
Terraria on that after 1.3 murdered the performance? Unless you play with the white lighting.

Gerrard

Arcane
How about an i3 and RX 470, because I'm not budging from my premium toaster machine made for turn based games and terraria.
Terraria on that after 1.3 murdered the performance? Unless you play with the white lighting.
What? Terraria on max settings runs perfectly fine on that.
There's no way you're playing with the smooth color lighting at constant 60FPS on that, those "optimizations" they made ended up running worse than an Unity game.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
There's no way you're playing with the smooth color lighting at constant 60FPS on that, those "optimizations" they made ended up running worse than an Unity game.
Just checked and I am running with smooth color lighting. How do I check the fps?

Gerrard

Arcane
Just checked and I am running with smooth color lighting. How do I check the fps?
I think it's F9 or F10. You never notice the game going choppy randomly (or slowing down if you have frame skip off)? It's that shit that drove me crazy, it was never an issue in 1.1.
Also the fact that the added biome backgrounds affect performance says a lot. Fucking Amiga games had parallax backgrounds.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582010/discussions/1/3160848559774293445/

Big Boobs mod Pls (hunter)
Im the only one that whant it to be a reality? just thinking all the posibilitis may com true whit mods..who is with me?( i edit the title because i don´t specified last time XD)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582010/discussions/1/3160848559787915627/

Follow conan's example please
BOOB AND DONG SLIDER!

good idea but make the slider max out at A cups delete all cows immediately

Expectations:

JbFGr5l.png

Reality:

6dtvEXL.jpg

(not pictured: A cup)

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom