Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Gerrard

Arcane
as a side note gwf gear armor set ?? any obvious op ones or just cheapest t2 i can get?
Can't go wrong with the "Avatar of Waaaaargh" bro. Buy it now while it's cheap and don't dye it.
It's like 300+K for the whole set now.
I don't think there's any point in buying old gear right now that will be worse than some green junk you get from quests.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's like 300+K for the whole set now.
I don't think there's any point in buying old gear right now that will be worse than some green junk you get from quests.
Boy am I happy now that I went on a post-christmas shopping spree for my poor potatofarmers. 20k for the always high vizir set sounds even better now. Way to go past me! :incline:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Chinese overlords won't be pleased at this rate.

EDIT: Anyway, I've still got lots of seals to cash in for potato salvage. What's the best to get?

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Unless they changed something the rings are still the best.
And there's a double RP weekend coming up again, start the conspiracy theories.

Vaarna_Aarne

Any difference between rings when it comes to potatoing them?

Also, my guess is simply just that they probably see huge sales spikes for things like Blood whatevers and such on double RP events. Of course, I think the real mystery is that they haven't realized that they'd probably rake in exponentially more cash with something akin to Warframe's high nudge/low investment method of cash-shop.

EDIT: They're launching the XBone version on 31st of March... So it seems that whatever total fucking disaster is going to happen it's going to involve us being guinea pigs.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
What's the worst that could happen compared to other expansions? Servercrashes, lagfest, broken dungeonqueues, the usual annoyances.
I am more worried about the item level increase and new artifacts. The need for upgrading items and spending years in Arghala wasn't exactly popular in STO, increasing difficulty for the STFs did the rest to drive people away. While I would like to say "maybe they learned from those mistakes", it IS Craptic we are talking about after all...
But hey, maybe that's the plan! Replace those PC players that went away by consoletards, at least the dungeon queues would be full after a while. With people asking you which controller button to press to jump.

The old safety rule is still valid: never play on patchday. And a few days after that as well.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, that's the thing: They don't seem to be doing the level cap increase in terms of items like in STO. They're redoing the whole thing and indications as far as I can tell is that the old stuff will be obsolete. This is not like in STO, where all the old gear is still 100% viable (heck, new gear set is on the same level as the old stuff, and can be upgraded in the same manner). And this is the be-all-end-all problem with the increase IMO, I'm okay with everything else but new gear being introduced.

Gerrard

Arcane
Gear changes are probably the smallest of problems right now. I know what I'm doing first thing is get Disintegrate on my CW and then hop on PvP to cause massive butthurt.

For like 2 weeks now I can't play the game because of their shit servers anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea they definately have something up with their servers, extra long maintenance today as well. Either they are strapped for adequate server capacity, and/or they've fucked up something royally.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Burned no potato, but all my accumulated shinies only bought me two levels on one offhand. Unless they change artifact equipment to accept enchantments as well, I am not going for another one. I did bring the cleric artifact to purple though, but ended up asking me why I did so immediately afterwards. The added stats are pretty low and the extra 20% AcP are not even that important for a Cleric. Oh well, at least can show off purple wings now (with everyone thinking: "lol not orange? noob!").
Eyes on the Paladin I guess...

eklektyk

Erudite
i know
was feeding shit mostly to cleric arts on farms to bump them up to purple and tried to get my pimps second art after clerics higher ...but not even close ...
whole buttload of enchants and peridots and various marks were consumed and nothing to show for it :)

still when paly hits i will take her for a spin i think :D

Gerrard

Arcane
Post some music for Mod 6 launch

E: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/PAB_nw/news/detail/9081593
Our Neverwinter team wants to ensure that we deliver our promise of a high quality expansion, and in order to do so, we need a few more weeks to fine tune the Neverwinter: Elemental Evil experience. Consequently, we have made the decision to delay the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil to April 7.

r00fles!

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I was promised ITZ! Where is my ITZ? :decline:

Neverwinter: Elemental Evil: the Grimoire of MMOs? DISCUSS!

No seriously, what happened? A buggy state has never prevented Craptic from releasing a mod and fix the worst problems in the first week.
Don't tell me they learned from the Derpa Rising problems... I would laugh my ass off if the reason turns out to be Microsoft demanding a better quality for the Xbone release. The console version saving the pc version. Heh.

Gerrard

Arcane
Being buggy is one thing, here a large part of the content isn't even finished yet.

eklektyk

Erudite
since we all know how high are craptic quailty&a stnadards them sudennly[after initalizing counter everywhere] going "we need moar timez!!!" should tell us everything we need to know about their newest baby ...

not even their shitpolishing department can polish this turd when its runny diaherea ...

it was amusing tho them going we want it da bestest so 20 moar days to fix it will be enough :)

ps. i fully expect some seriously shitty timegating to give them even moar time for creating missing assets and shit

Gerrard

Arcane
And the last Friday update on preview was basically "Wow it's fucking nothing". They have like 1 set of epic gear in the game right now (and it requires ridiculous fucking grind in IWD again to upgrade your crafting and then gather materials in a zone that is fucking unplayable solo now) for level 70, they removed half of the dungeons.

This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I would laugh my ass off if the reason turns out to be Microsoft demanding a better quality for the Xbone release. The console version saving the pc version. Heh.
The xbone version will only have up to mod 5 on launch. But I'm sure that making the console version had no influence on creating this mess, nope.

eklektyk

Erudite
i like that monkey from sto that jerkedoff on cutting all xp rewards spreaded infectin to nw

it looks like all xp rewards are cut in half [friendly reminder - amount of xp for "chance" at peepee is doubled ]

craptic gonna craptic :)

and they removing so much stuff coz copy pasta is too hard work and they cant be arsed to change descriptions from lvl60 to lvl70 aparently [dungeons and skirmishes and all that jazz]

fun times to read forums :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom