Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Drakron

Arcane
The devs already confirmed shit will be broken on release and the issues will be fixed in a patch on the 23rd. Only at Craptic.

STO didnt even had First Contact Day.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I don't know what's going on in this thread, but did anyone of you guys notice how Pillars of Eternity resembles Neverwinter in stats and some skills? Interesting.

Norfleet

You mean in the sense that there's only so many ways to create RPG dudestats and skills, and thus everything ultimately draws from the same pool of inspiration? Very few places go all-out weird. You're not going to see an RPG create an alignment system where the axes are "Pirate-Ninja" and "Elf-Dwarf".

eklektyk

Erudite
  • The Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation has been split into three separate Coffers, allowing players to choose whether they would prefer their reward to focus on Enchantments, Artifacts, or Artifact Equipment.
  • These Coffers now cost 11 Celestial Coins, up from 7.

: ohwowhahaha: :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So... what does that mean? Now we have to decide if we want the tiny chance for a coal at all or just screw it and go for the chance of bigger gems?
IF the other boxes have some high rp-value boa something instead, it would actually an improvement for me, since I haven't seen a coal in over 200 boxes. Screw coals!:argh:

Who am I kidding, the other boxes will just contain peridots and blue equipment...

Edit: checked the board and apperantly you now only get 150 potatos for praying once, then again and again after increasing amounts of time, so it would take 4 hours of playtime to get all out of it. Who plays 4 hours in one go aside from bots? I would understand if it went over 1-2 hours to encourage playing, but 4? Now they only need to nerf leadership and the potato income goes towards zero for most players...

Edit 2: Looks like GF is the new top dog now, Sloppy is probably already crying manly tears of joy.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Leadership nerf would probably cause a riot, since current prices are geared for multiple alts doing Ld20 at least once per day.

As for boxes, at this point I haven't personally needed coals in a long time, so big question is will the RP boxes actually mean jack shit.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Word on the street is: non-augment companions are being (more) useful now, especially the healing ones. Can anyone comment on that before I commit my precious battelfield medic to anyone (maybe even the paladerp)? I assume my toons using augments are still good... amirite?

Vaarna_Aarne

I'll eat my hat if Augments aren't the king of the hill anymore, even if by a smaller margin. To me, the big question is whether or not I'll need to start upgrading my purples to Legendary companions with hard-earned cash (which should be much easier in the future, actually, given the new Livin' The Dream top tier assignment with 2k potato a pop I've been hearing about, so even with nerfed prayer it'll be 6k + 4.8k minimum per day).

eklektyk

Erudite
good to see that as usual all craptic servers shat itself trying to compile this pos intu usable patcher ...

i cant even log into sto coz hamsters are on strike !

edit:

ahahaha and geniuses crashed all their games with nw ....brilliant

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
No, its just they are doing maintenance today instead of thursday in all their games, even STO had its patch moved to today.

eklektyk

Erudite
well i visit sto forums pretty regurarly and i did not see any maintenance info yesterday ...
and its their usual operating procedure to insist that crashed forced emergency maintenance is pushed on players as "sheduled"

so who knows ...

i do wonder tho if suits bought few more racks of severs for xbox nw or they simply piggybacked it on existing structure and called it a day

Norfleet

It's Emergency Server Maintenance, obviously. A lot of nodes blew up over this weekend.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
You mean in the sense that there's only so many ways to create RPG dudestats and skills, and thus everything ultimately draws from the same pool of inspiration? Very few places go all-out weird. You're not going to see an RPG create an alignment system where the axes are "Pirate-Ninja" and "Elf-Dwarf".
I meant the percentage bonuses based on stats and how streamlined and a bit MMOish it is.

Vaarna_Aarne

Seems like the getting-my-ass-kicked heal Boons are potentially a veeeery good choice now, given how huge the heal is and how days of ye olde Life Steal are le gone.

eklektyk

Erudite
managed to login
flipped professions
cant be arsed to do anything else as fps is absymal it seems or lag - cant decide witch and am to dissinterested to investigate

oh and invoke is now a joke so no point on staying for anything more than professions cookoff and flip

my pally wil be born prob close to friday but wont play till they add real expansion as promissed on 23 or smth ... as it stands they deleted all but 3 dungs and all but 4 sirmishes ...
and here i thought that expansions were supposed to add content ... :)

Vaarna_Aarne

Invoke is actually nicer now, since merciful Allah has decreed that Djinn may no longer take our coins. But there's absolutely no sense in cycling it anymore, given how the cooldowns are structured. Slightly better for longer sessions tho (read: Powerleveling the Pally).

EDIT: The real shitsucker though is that the servers are absolutely fucked right now.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Only 175 potaots for praying is a bummer, people without a leadership army have to work for their pocket change now.

Created a Paladerp and managed to finish the first mission (watch thiefs steal the crown). Plays like a GF carbon copy so far. LMB slightly faster attack, RMB threatening rush wannabe. The encounter power does.. nothing actually. TAB holds up the shield for a very short time, no attacks possible, but I assume some extra effect will be added in a few levels. The short time could be trouble with a laggy connection though.
The daily power was a pleasant surprise. Tooltip had some superlative like "deals incredible dmg", but so far it really instagibbed every "boss", speeding things considerably up (thanks cleric artifact).

Too early for a consensus though, at that level even the old GF was unstoppable after all. I will probably test an extended session during weekend, since that is what the new praying system wants us to do it seems.

Haven't checked/respecced my old chars, it's probably best to wait until somebody makes an updated build.

At least they didn't scrap quagmire's crypt, couldn't live without mah pirate hat! :obviously:

EDIT: yeah, performance in PE can only be called "unplayable" right now. I have no options left to tone down, so I have to live with it. Just too many players in the zone I hope.

Wild Slop

Arcane
You don't lose your tokens if you miss a day of prayer now? Good.

I am enjoying my time apart so will continue doing that for a little while longer, all the more so seeing these complaints about connectivity.

Ehhh just after writing this I think I may pop in as soon as tomorrow to fill stuff out. Most of my play has been confined to logging in to fill out professions and th - I don't even feel like finishing up what I was going to say about this game right now :lol:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ehhh just after writing this I think I may pop in as soon as tomorrow to fill stuff out.
Please come back, we miss your alchemy tools you!

In other news: the performance issues in PE come from the stupid new tree. They probably coded the glow to be handled by the cpu alone, since my graphic card is conspiciously silent. Saints Row 4 had the same shitty move compared to SR3. I blame being optimized for consoles as usual. :argh:

eklektyk

Erudite
another briliant coding effort on part of craptic monkeys : their reinventing of invoke is totaly borked ...

yesterday it added hours to daily reset timeouts and today totaly stopped working and is intent on notreseting whatoever ...

i did not even touched other stuff as its seems everything is fucked and that aditional deveelopment time they added did dildo to fix simplest of shits ...GG

Gerrard

Arcane
glorious! after today's patch the game stopped working, it reaches the logos screen and freezes.
Nah, it just takes 5 minutes to load.

Actually, seems to be fixed now. It was probably some server thing considering the hellish lag.

Vaarna_Aarne

I sure hope, when I dropped by to give that a shot yesterday I was repelled by how I could play 10 seconds at a time and then have 5 seconds of connection issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom