Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SPAZ - Space Pirates and Zombies

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Comes out tomorrow. They're calling it a beta, but AFAIK the whole game is done, it's just a beta in the sense that 2 guys can't really find all the bugs, and I can't really blame them for wanting to sell it at the same time they release the fully playable version for testing. Looks reminscent of Starscape, but improved in every area. More weapons, more hulls, more research, more shit to do, more places to go. Looks pretty awesome, and I've been waiting for a game like this to come out after I finished Starscape (and those fuckers basically gave up on trying to make a sequel.)

Anyone else going to pick it up tomorrow, or in the next few days? Hopefully it'll hold me over until Terraria comes out.

Damned Registrations

Have I someone missed out on a glut of zombie based indie games? I can't think of any. Well, plants vs Zombies. That was a while ago though. Scanning through the games released in the humble bundle packs didn't exactly overwhelm me with zombies either.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
There's also Atom Zombie Smasher. Can't think of any others but I know I've seen them.

Lightknight

Liturgist
They posted the beta version on QT3 forums some weeks ago. Quite playable.

Topher

Cipher
I.C. Wiener said:
There's also Atom Zombie Smasher. Can't think of any others but I know I've seen them.

Nation Red and that I Ma3d a Ga3m with Zombies in it game come to mind, not to mention the mainstream games with Zombie modes cropping up in them like Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty.

Damned Registrations

Nation Red actually looks like a sweet crimsonland ripoff. Both went completely under my radar though.

Damned Registrations

After not removing nation red from inventory, I have to say it actually seems pretty crappy. There's not much weapon variation (all the melee weapons are the same, theres like a dozen machine guns that basically have very slightly different fire rates and ammo counts.) most of the perks are stupid useless things like magical weapon effects that occur periodically, and your moement speed is complete shit, even while weilding the lightest weapon and using the speed powerup, which makes those things pointless and the teleport perk a win button. On top of all that, the actual shooting is horrid because the enemies have deceptively small hitboxes and it's not easy to distinguish between a zombie you just killed and one you merely stunned. Crimsonland was MUCH better than this crap. Do not want.

flushfire

Augur
DamnedRegistrations said:
Have I someone missed out on a glut of zombie based indie games? I can't think of any. Well, plants vs Zombies. That was a while ago though. Scanning through the games released in the humble bundle packs didn't exactly overwhelm me with zombies either.
quick rlslog search:

zombie shooter
zombie murder hell arrives
dead meets lead
trapped dead
atom zombie smasher
zombie driver

that's just from dec '10 to feb '11. pc only.

quick rpgcodex search:
rogue survivor
trapped dead

i also did a quick "zombie" search on the app store and got more than 20 results, two of which im currently playing with my niece: zombie farm & zombie cafe.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Ed123 said:
Dead State is pretty much the only zombie game I'm remotely interested in.

Same. Dead State seems interesting. Everything else is merely screaming "LOL ZOMBIES AND STUFF SO RANDUM XD PLZ BUY MY GAME /b/ XDXDXD!!!!"

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks like starscape i think i will get it at some point.

OH and for zombie games both Atomic Zombie Smasher and Zombie Driver are both pretty good.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
While all this zombie talk is fascinating, has anyone actually given this a try yet? I'd like to hear a bit about the game through unofficial channels.

Damned Registrations

There's a cracked version of the beta out now, tried it today. However, I made the mistake of generating a small galaxy, which is supposed to be a little more difficult and have fewer stars with more stuff in each. Instead I got fewer stars with fuck all in each and could progress due to a total lack of upgrades and a massive jump in enemy power. Will try it out more tomorrow.

baronjohn

Cipher
Well I tried the demo and it seems to be poorly coded, as alt-tabbing back into the game locks up the OS for around a minute. This kind of sucks since this is a nice game to play for 5 minutes at a time.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Play in windowed mode.

And it's not zombies per se, they could've called the alien biological infestation anything they wanted.

Morkar Left

I'm not really sure about what sort of game this is but I want it :M

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Morkar said:
I'm not really sure about what sort of game this is but I want it :M

Watch some of the trailers, it's not a hugely complex game after all. Haven't had the chance to play that much, but it seems like a nice little game with skills and ship/item advancement. Might need to grind at some points which I don't really care for (mining is boring as hell like usual), but will have to see when the time comes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
baronjohn said:
I watched the "wtf is" of this on youtube, and it seems pretty cool.

Why am I not surprised you would actually sit through a totalbiscuit video. I've heard he actually narrates the game but my hope is people were just referring to his preview. If he's in the game, I won't bother with it. I'd rather read a baronjohn versus Skyway Codex thread than listen to that limey.

baronjohn

Cipher
Yeah he sparsely narrates the story in the beta, and it's not very good. It would be better if they had just left VO out completely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom