Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Qiu222Be

Literate
Every new MMO that gets releases will kill WoW, at least during its first month of debut.
It is the trend. Just enjoy the game.

Qiu222Be

Literate
I went surfing of few sites, most notably mmorpg.com and swtor official forum I saw quite a lot topics about people quitting the game in large numbers. Some already have started calling out Swtor to be a major flop but i find it hard to believe that Biowhores will so easily quit giving money to Bioware. So any comments for on the real truth form Codexs Swtor players?
Maybe there is no other choice. Not only the money, but his affection and time, all these show the strong support for the game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
How much difference a voice actor can be. Inspired by Ackermanus and because I had a bland sounding he-smug back then, I decided to roll a FemSmug as well. So much more immershun! Aside from the very few exeptions, all male voice actors sound like they were bored as hell when reading their lines, while the wymen were motivated and emoshunal. It's like Mass Effect all over again, must be a typical Bioware problem...
I wonder how starting fresh on a server without moneyz will turn out, free players don't even get companion equipment as quest rewards it seems.:decline:
Also funny when you recognice voice actors from other games you didn't know or notice at the time. Found Liara T'soni and Queen Elisif on Ord Mantell.
Funny thing is that Smuggler storyline was written by Hamburger Helper.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hey, I only praised the voice actress compared to her male counterpart! The storyline is... well, there is only so much you can ruin when a story is just one-liners and slapstick comedy. Being the best pub story is no archievment when the rest is an uninspired snorefest.
Why can't we kill Satele Shan anyway?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
BugoWare exec: 'We need a new villain... let's bring Revan back!'
BugoWare drone: 'Uhh, but didn't we kill him in... that flashpoint?'
BugoWare exec: 'Whatever, the fans love him, so let's give them a chance to kill him again!'

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well, to be honest, after being defeated in The Foundry flashpoint Revan *does* disappear in a flash without leaving a corpse behind, so it's not really a retcon. Still, having a fan-favourite being a recurring villain is... not the kind of logic I can understand.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well, to be honest, after being defeated in The Foundry flashpoint Revan *does* disappear in a flash without leaving a corpse behind, so it's not really a retcon. Still, having a fan-favourite being a recurring villain is... not the kind of logic I can understand.

I would totally team up with Revanbro!
I guess it will end in either bringing him back to the brainwashing Jedi sect or joining him to unify the galaxy. The emperor is a powerless wimp anyway. Or it is just someone posing as Revan, who knows with that mask? I remember fetching it for some loony on the cheeseplanet.
Golden rule: someone is only really dead if you carry his rotting corpse around with you. Otherwise they were only slightly dead and will pop up again.
How often does the CIS warrior kill that one lord and he still comes back for more? I lost count.

What about Darth Malgus btw, is he dead or only deadish? I vaguely remember killing him in some flashpoint back in the days only to have him nagging me on Ilum later. Though that may have been sequence breaking on my part.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Definitely sequence breaking. The Ilum storyline immediately preceeds the Malgus-killing flashpoint. He does not appear after that.

The Revanites are enemies at this moment, and nothing suggests a team-up would be possible. Nor would I want one, given their heretical beliefs :rpgcodex:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The Revanites are a bunch of misguided loonies on a powertrip, but Revan is a bro! My CISrauder would join (the real) him to get rid of the Dark Council wackos and make the empire strong again under an emperor who is actually there and not just some boogieman. I didn't forget Darth Marr(?) pretty much telling me: "Go and play the wrath for all we care kid, just don't meddle with our affairs!"

For the empuh! (I love how the female vendor pronounces it)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Darth Marr *is* the Emperor who is actually there. In all but name. Also, being one of the Dark Councillors, I wouldn't appreciate being gotten rid of.

And really, you should see some more flashpoints. Revan is *not* a bro ever since the Foundry. Preparing the second Sith Genocide? WTF? And now he embraces his Revanite followers and leads them...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Revan is not a bro anymore? But... but... that's not how I raised him. Kids grow up so fast.
Guess I need to revisit the foundry. I must have done it before, because I have foundry armor in my stash... how did I forget about Revan's role there? :oops:

Tytus

Arcane
Revan is not a bro anymore? But... but... that's not how I raised him. Kids grow up so fast.
Guess I need to revisit the foundry. I must have done it before, because I have foundry armor in my stash... how did I forget about Revan's role there? :oops:

You're stating to sound like all the kotor players that were outraged because Revan is a guy, but they played Revan as a female while not knowing that canon gender was a Lucasarts decision many years back. Don't go there man.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Some of the "Foundry" equipment drops from the flashpoint that immediately preceeds the Foundry in the storyline. During the Boarding Party, an Imperial strike team boards a Republic cruiser to hijack it and use it to slip past the Foundry's early warning systems and assault the station itself.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
5nurud.jpg

You go drinking for one goddamn day, and the next thing you know...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ran the foundry and... immediately unfriended Revan on Sithbook. Not cool ex-bro, not cool. I hope getting bitchslapped by my glowsticks brought him back to his senses when he returns.

Yes, must have had the drops from boarding party then.

You're stating to sound like all the kotor players that were outraged because Revan is a guy, but they played Revan as a female while not knowing that canon gender was a Lucasarts decision many years back. Don't go there man.

Don't worry man, I am already over him! Treacherous snake he is...

I love how one Sith character class involves a Sith Lord who promotes the occasional worthy slave, and your main rival a traditionalist. The other, you're a traditionalist who has to deal with some stupid, feckless slave scum trying to crawl above his station. Ah, the Sith. If you guys didn't didn't fight so much with yourselves the Republic would have been doomed long ago.

Edit: Holy shit, they're space Telvanni!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I wouldn't exactly call the Warrior a tradionalist, but i guess it depends on how you play him. In fact my CIS Warrior recognises potential even in lesser races and her goal is to get rid of all those pointless infighting. Because as you said: without it the Empuh would already have won.

I blame Tentaclegirl and LS Jaesa for those liberul ideas.

Too bad they chickend out of making the 'quisitor's clownfish companion in two versions. Without her weird bipolar behavior she could have become my favourite companion after corruption.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I love how one Sith character class involves a Sith Lord who promotes the occasional worthy slave, and your main rival a traditionalist.

I'll have you know that the rival you have in mind is a former slave too. He actually is sincere when he says he doesn't hold your origin against you, and that he trusts the Academy's trials to weed out the unworthy.

Too bad they chickend out of making the 'quisitor's clownfish companion in two versions. Without her weird bipolar behavior she could have become my favourite companion after corruption.

Holee fukken THIS!

I love how one Sith character class involves a Sith Lord who promotes the occasional worthy slave, and your main rival a traditionalist.

I'll have you know that the rival you have in mind is a former slave too. He actually is sincere when he says he doesn't hold your origin against you, and that he trusts the Academy's trials to weed out the unworthy.

I'm talking about the very beginning of the respective tales, when you're trying to impress your potential Masters and beat out other trainees. In the Inquisitor line you're a former slave vying against a Sith Pureblood for Lord Zash.

Whereas the Sith Warrior storyline has you with at least some background, and annoyed some jumped up ex slave is trying to beat you to an apprenticeship.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

I'm talking about the very beginning of the respective tales, when you're trying to impress your potential Masters and beat out other trainees. In the Inquisitor line you're a former slave vying against a Sith Pureblood for Lord Zash.

Whereas the Sith Warrior storyline has you with at least some background, and annoyed some jumped up ex slave is trying to beat you to an apprenticeship.

Ah, fair enough. Wouldn't consider that Pureblood from the Inq path a "traditionalist" though - too little of his personality is given.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom