Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Did RoD change/tweak combat mechanics and encounters ?

Mustawd

Did RoD change/tweak combat mechanics and encounters ?

They didn't mention any in their announcement. Just new races in the expansion and some new tilesets/monsters for the DM mode.

What I find strange is that you need to be connected to the servers if you're using DM mode. This thing is on its last legs. Who the hell thinks these servers are gonna be maintained? Jeez, give these poor suckers a break and at least them create their own modules to use offline.

smh

Telengard

Arcane
I think it's time to peer once more into the heart of madness. All pics were posted this year.

NSFW, of course.
F7f4qut.jpg

Our Ravenia elves, Villen, a wood elf town guard and Vasdorl, a drow bounty hunter. They both had a doubtful luck to cross Raswic a robber knight, who has original ideas when it comes to dealing with probles. Like now, he decided that instead of having the two elves chasing him, it would be most delightful to have them chase... each other~ So he talked his fellow dwarf bard, Torgeri, into helping him to love potion the two. And they did it~
Now Villen and Vasdorl are pretty much busy with taking care of each other rather than following culprits of any crimes. Unfortunately for them, they are fully aware, they're under some hostile love-magic. And they still know about all the animosities their races have for each other. So now, in pains of ideological and cultural differences, they're struggling to find a cure, to a curse they don't want to be lifted, but are aware they can't live like that. Just perfect~ ;>

HPhArZ9.jpg

A stress-relief doodle of my drow, Druin, and Heta's Mouse, who looks a lot more nicely dressed than usual.

BntPjNE.png

Don't drink kids ! Soda and water is just as much fun to drink.

And don't look at me as I'm some yaoi lover pervert. Jeez
rose.gif

Nothing happened! Caim was just too drunk so Wiker helped him.

zcD8LJD.jpg

Commission of his D&D characters (from left to right) Melandra, Torben, and Ardulace.

Lodf5sC.png
And now you know where Bioware came from.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Drow players get real fuckin upset when you tell em Svart/Dokk Alfar were maggot like hideous creatures born o Ymir's rottin flesh.

Elf player = twat.
Drow player = super twat.

Mustawd

Now that this thing is on sale for $9.99 is it at least somewhat worth picking up?

Nope. Unless you think a party-based and more boring version of Champions of Norrath is worth $10.

I'd say around $1 is a good spot.

animlboogy

Learned
I'm gonna bite the bullet. I'm in the mood for some mindless hack and slash crap to play while I get through a backlog of podcasts.

This will be my third attempt to stomach this one, I think.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This wouldn've happened if there was no refunds on Steam... Refunds killed them.
Refunds killed alot of bait and switch tactics, at least on PC exclusives. Developers need to be straightfoward and not lying pieces of shit like N-Space to get their money now.

Mustawd

This wouldn've happened if there was no refunds on Steam... Refunds killed them.

This is patently false. Preorders were only about 80,000 units, gross, with it being 60,000 net. Which means many people could and did request refunds even after playing tons of hours on the beta, but only like 0.5 on steam. However, it was not a majority of the issue.

What really killed them was a ton of negative steam reviews, the CEO freak out, and the bad mainstream reviews that basically bashed the light DM mode they rolled out.

Their biggest mistake, IMO, was that they took the opposite route of NWN. n-space created a decently fleshed out single player campaign, along with voice acting (which we know is expensive) and neglected their multiplayer/DM mode as a result.

And when everyone in the forums starts crowing about a new NWN, then you know it's like seeing the train up ahead about to hit you.

They simply focused on the wrong aspect of their product and they paid dearly for it.

I remember seeing a comment on the steam forums that said the poster was hopeful for a solid single player experience. I replied that it'd be naive to think there would be much of a single player campaign at all, given the ambitions of DM mode. Well, it looks like I was wrong in my prediction, but it was the devs who were wrong in their development.

Deleted Member 16721

A true, new NWN would be great. Make sure to include tons of customization in terms of mod support, and don't overly streamline things. Focus on the RPG elements and having an accurate adaptation of the D&D ruleset.

pippin

Both titles will be quickly forgotten. Are people even playing Neverwinter anymore?

Lhynn

Arcane
For PC they are shitty games no one in their right mind would waste their time on. But for consoles there options are a lot more limited, i believe nwo will do well there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom