Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Crew -- Ubisoft's now released MMOCARPG

Severian Silk

After playing a few hours I do miss having a character in the game world. The Gordon Freeman look-a-like doesn't scratch that itch for me.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
bonescraper: yeah, you're right. I admit I don't know a lot of the lingo surrounding rally racing. Sure enough, the "RAID-specced" car you get to test in the beta (now closed) is indeed a rally-type car, but it's interesting that in that mission you're told to crash out an NPC who's butting in on the questgiver's territory. It took me a good ten minutes of chasing him all over the place before I finally tagged him and sent his car flying.

I wonder if the "RAID" term is used both ways in this game: Raid as in MMO's and raid as in rally cars.

Severian Silk

I went ahead and bought an Xbox 360 controller. I am slowly getting used to it.

Also, I bought a copy of Test Drive Unlimited 2. It's pretty addictive.

Gerrard

Arcane
5AT3Aev.png

Game is doomed. Filling out surveys is too hard or people can't fucking comprehend an out of 10 scale. I blame video game reviews.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

I didn't know there was a survey. Do you have a link?

Crispy. You were right about TDU2. Ibiza was fun, but I'm hesitant to do it all over again in Hawaii when there are only a handful of mission types and the same few cutscenes repeat themselves over and over again.

:(

Also, I mainly like paying with some of the slower cars like the Subaru Impreza (my favorite) or maybe the Ferrari 308. The "supercars" lose traction and spin off the road too easily. The Ariel Atom for instance is totally undrivable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerrard

Arcane
The survey link was in an email, check your spam folder maybe? Don't know if just pasting it here will work.

I'm thinking about getting this against my better judgement (ubisoft, full paid title with DLC..). Looking from sidelines it does look promising.

For people that were in beta is model more realistic than NFS or is it same old flooring gas through every corner?

BTW did they tell what is supposed to come with that season pass anyway? I don't think I'll be preordering but I find it funny that they just expect me to trust them with money in advance for completely unspecified DLC. For all I know they'll release 1 with some useless stickers and another one with some completely useless car like G-Wiz or Trabant.

Also, I mainly like paying with some of the slower cars like the Subaru Impreza (my favorite) or maybe the Ferrari 308. The "supercars" lose traction and spin off the road too easily. The Ariel Atom for instance is totally undrivable.
Git gud or just get 4WD cars like Veyron, Audi R8, RUF Turbo, Nissan GT-R (Audi's in general are very easy to drive). Not only they are easier to drive than anything with rear wheel drive, they tend to be faster too, especially off the line. Tier 3 I think doesn't have any though, avoid racing in rain if you can't handle it I guess. Stuff like Atom and Caterham should be avoided, hardest buggers to drive in game and even then completely unremarkable in their tiers, very low top speeds just make them useless for most of the races and in corner heavy situations you'll want something that doesn't spin out so easily anyway.

Severian Silk

For people that were in beta is model more realistic than NFS or is it same old flooring gas through every corner?
I don't know if it's more realistic, but the cars are super sensitive presumably until you upgrade them.

Sensitive? Isn't that something you should be changing in control options? Wait, or do you mean you have to be careful with your gas pedal in corners?

Gerrard

Arcane
The handling was shit and it's not "realistic" in any way. Go watch some videos, but I don't think a video can fully convey the awfulness.

Imagine how cars must handle that they make a challenge of driving through a series of gates on a road actually difficult.

I did watch some videos but now that you mention it most people did have a lot of trouble with stuff like that.
Hmm.. let's see how peasant beta turns out. It's supposed to come with some improvements:
http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/...=social_20141103_34899437&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Though "collision stability improvement" sounds like letting bad players plow through everything on the road without loosing much speed.
Anyone taking part?

bonescraper

Funny. That's the first time in history when Ubisoft dev directly addresses PC gamers. I like what i hear, and i'm glad to see this whole beta access wasn't just a EA-style marketing trick. 60 fps confrirmed, text chat added, car handling improved. I already bought the game anyway, because i really enjoyed the beta.

Redeye

Arcane
I was hoping for something like Roadwar 2000 crossed with I76, but with lots of other people.

Dream a little dream...

Norfleet

That does not really sound like the kind of game implies by the name of the game.

Norfleet

That is the impression I got, yes. In any event, the very name precludes the notion of a Mad Max style road warrior game. Road warriors don't have "crews".

Norfleet

There's a concept for a game. A game set in a Mad Max universe, where you play as the guy who fixes his car.

I was seriously considering getting this but then I learned you can't even rebind your buttons. Really? What a fucking joke.

BTW can someone recommend arcade'y racing game you can play on gamepad without much fuss?

bonescraper

You asked if you could play on a gamepad, and you can. Stop making excuses.

Excuses? Well excuse me for not buying game that won't even allow me to set my controls the way I find them comfortable. Actually what's their excuse for not implementing something so basic?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom