Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Crew -- Ubisoft's now released MMOCARPG

I made some evidence. I'm driving street spec 1969 Chevy Camaro RS.
https://vid.me/lh6E
Don't think you need snow to do this though. Here is quick video in a city
https://vid.me/V5W8
I don't even use hand brake or nitro and I'm using automatic gear change. Trick to get car sliding is to keep revs high so if you want to master drift switch to manual.

BTW contest starts tomorrow, you can win season pass and Kool Krew Kredits.
http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/....aspx?c=tcm:152-188865-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I was recording with new AMD software that came with recent drivers and since I didn't notice any performance impact I just left it on. I figured I might as well dump these movies here.
I was just farming parts for my raid buggy and recorded two decent runs.

Also bit longer run just for the fun of it in my dirt spec Focus RS.

Don't worry, I don't plan on spamming up this thread with my videos. :codexisfor:

kain611

Augur
Yes its definately not worth full price of admission. I play Test Drive Unlimited more often than this......

Severian Silk

TDU was fun in Ibiza, but I lost interest in Hawaii.

The Crew is okay. The cars start out squirrely but you just have to level them up with better parts.

You have to turn off driving assists first and foremost, still not a sim but cars handle way better, upgrading parts mostly just makes your car go faster. I haven't played it much lately, I noticed they added new specs/cars and fixed daily challenges so it's not completely dead yet.

Suchy

Arcane
Well, I liked TDU and decided to give this a try. And it's almost exactly like TDU, having some dumb arcade'y fun. Any of you guys online?

Gerrard

Arcane
For some reason the EU price is now 30 euro, and it's also 50% off.

Considering the amount of bullshit DLC that's still too much though.

Gerrard

Arcane
So apparently they are releasing some expansion and are begging for me to try it out again. I also have 3 keys to give away if anyone wants to torture themselves.

Gerrard

Arcane
Welp, in case you wanted another game you will never play, you can get the base version of it for free (time limited) from the Ubisoft Club thing.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
What differentiated The Crew from something like Forza Horizon was -- at least the illusion of -- being able to get out of the car and do things. They may only have been cutscenes, but they conveyed the sense of the game being more like an RPG in a way as opposed to just being a driving game and that's it.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

Gerrard

Arcane
What differentiated The Crew from Forza Horizon was the fact that you haven't seen every bit of the map after 20 hours. Apparently the devs didn't think it's an important part of the game though, and their version of Oahu won't even be 1:1 like in TDU.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Here's the new trailer:

Daytime footage looks great, maybe even better than Forza Horizon 5. But the nighttime footage, SO MUCH NEON.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
lycanwarrior I'm thinking of splitting this off into its own thread. Do you think The Crew Motorfest is still enough of an MMO-like game to stay in this subforum or should it be located in General Gaming instead?

Gerrard

Arcane
Daytime footage looks great, maybe even better than Forza Horizon 5. But the nighttime footage, SO MUCH NEON.
This isn't "night time footage", those are races with custom weather settings, color filters, and environments. They already did this in TC2.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I had no idea that was in The Crew 2 at all. I must have quit playing it long before they introduced that.

I'll be happy if it's strictly an option.

Thanks for the info.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
lycanwarrior I'm thinking of splitting this off into its own thread. Do you think The Crew Motorfest is still enough of an MMO-like game to stay in this subforum or should it be located in General Gaming instead?
From my understanding, the new game will have dailies, weeklies and monthlies. Basically a full blown live-service game.

Then again, games like Street Fighter 6 now have a full-blown battle pass with free/premium tracks.

But whatever you decide.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I think I originally started this thread in MMO because The Crew specifically focused on having a "party" of drivers, but I'm not sure that's the focus still in the new one.

If it's shifted more towards a single-player driving game, albeit always online, I'll probably split off the thread to General Gaming.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Hands On: The Crew Motorfest Puts Ubisoft's Open World Racer On The Map:​

https://www.purexbox.com/features/h...est-puts-ubisofts-open-world-racer-on-the-map

So, what do we think of The Crew Motorfest so far, then? Well, the game has surprised us quite a bit after playing a few hours of the beta. We had pretty low expectations going in to be quite honest — Ubisoft's series just hasn't done it for us so far — but the improvements in car handling alone are starting to reel us in. We still think the addition of boats and planes is a bit pointless — especially the latter — and it remains to be seen if the game has legs like Forza does, but we're certainly impressed so far. If Ubisoft can iron out those performance dips before launch, and provide a compelling campaign throughout the whole Crew Motorfest experience, this could be our next open world racer to cherish.

:hypeship::hype::d1p:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom