Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The honour of the dumbfuck medal

Hajo

Liturgist
I bow in respect to those who wear this medal with pride and still stay with us. I assume it isn't easy to wear it.

Dear admins, I guess it's fun to put such labels on people, and maybe sometimes they even deserve it. Some discussions are heated and bad things are said easily. But people change. There is no need to brandmark forum members for a lifetime.

I think Sarvis contributions are very well lately and he deserves a better treatment.

I didn't talk to Quigs, maybe he likes the medal, but if he doesn't, I ask the admins to reconsider their decisions.

You may ask, why do I speak for them? Because you hurt my idea or fairness. The members can't fight back on the same level, and the admins abuse their powers in my opinion. Moderation is neccesary and usually good. Brandmarking people is not. The readers are intelligent enough to make their own idea of other members, these labels are just not needed.

Somewhere I heard this: "Taunting only dishonors the speaker".

I think there is truth in it. That's why I started the message with showing my sympathy and respect to the victims.

Fez

Erudite
I shed a tear at your heartfelt message. :cry:

Gather round..break out the acoustic guitar....we've got some Kumbaya coming on....

This one's for you Hajo:

hajoweenie8pj.jpg

Fez

Erudite
I just had to have another jab at this line:

"That's why I started the message with showing my sympathy and respect to the victims."

Boo fucking hoo. Victims? Are you going to start a ribbon campaign? Collecting for the fallen! :cry: You'd think the codex had thrown them and their families to their deaths into a torture camp or into a tsunami flood. It's a gif, not a war crime. I don't think Exitium will have any trouble sleeping tonight over this.

Avé

Liturgist
Fez said:

"That's why I started the message with showing my sympathy and respect to the victims."

Boo fucking hoo. Victims? Are you going to start a ribbon campaign? Collecting for the fallen! :cry: You'd think the codex had thrown them and their families to their deaths into a torture camp or into a tsunami flood. It's a gif, not a war crime. I don't think Exitium will have any trouble sleeping tonight over this.
In that vein, isnt your title missing an "idiot"? you seem exceptionally good at ripping the piss out of people using sarcasm :)

Sarvis

Erudite
Fez said:

Frankly I don't think Ex would have any trouble sleeping over throwing families to their deaths... ;)

Hajo

Liturgist
Fez said:
I don't think Exitium will have any trouble sleeping tonight over this.

I think it's worth a try. And finally, even if he and the other admins don't do anything, I just had to say this. Some day Fez, even you might be happy if someone stands in for you.

Many years there haven't been images of me on the web, because I was afraid of jokes like yours. Now you got me.

Someone once said I run away from problems. Often I do. I've thought quite a while if posting a message like this is worth the risk. Today I decided it is.

Fez

Erudite
Hajo said:
I think it's worth a try. And finally, even if he and the other admins don't do anything, I just had to say this.

Complaining almost never works for this kind of thing on any forum and as the Codex doesn't sell anything, it can do what it wants, so it only needs to listen to what it likes. Best way for these things to be reversed is to let it all blow over and once everyone has forgotten or stopped caring why the title was there it might get removed. Kind of like parole.

Hajo said:
Many years there haven't been images of me on the web, because I was afraid of jokes like yours. Now you got me.

I'm glad I had the privilege to give you your first taste of PWNAGE then. :lol: I didn't want Exitium thinking he was getting special jpg treatment from me just because of his high cheekbones.

Hajo said:
Someone once said I run away from problems. Often I do. I've thought quite a while if posting a message like this is worth the risk. Today I decided it is.

Risk? What risk? It's an internet forum, no one is going to hunt you down and murder you. The worst that can happen is getting a bit of abuse, and anyone who has been reading these forums for any length of time and is still surprised by that then they are incredibly naive or mentally deficient.

Avé

Liturgist
Fez said:
Your avatar rocks, I can just imagine you sitting at your PC, with the same smug, supercilious sneer :D

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Before you boys start a drum circle and start expressing you love and goodwill for each other go back and read the damn threads that earned both Quigs and Sarvis their monikers.
As I recall, Saint gave Sarvis his title after his first appearance here at the Codex, and everytime I think it's a bit too harsh. I go back and have a laugh. Rex gave Quigs his and if you think he didn't earn it, Hajo you need a dumbfuck label too. For the record several people including myself tried to lobby Rex to remove Ave's "dumbfuck" label during Rex's last nervous breakdown as it was just wasn't right. As a concerned patron here, It's all in good fun and I find it annoying when people get all self indignant and try to change shit around here. Saint's been great at keeping things the "same" since I've been here and if it changes or I don't like something, I'll simply leave. I suggest you do the same.

Sarvis

Erudite
Fez said:
Complaining almost never works for this kind of thing on any forum and as the Codex doesn't sell anything, it can do what it wants, so it only needs to listen to what it likes. Best way for these things to be reversed is to let it all blow over and once everyone has forgotten or stopped caring why the title was there it might get removed. Kind of like parole.

He's not complaining, he's making a request. As for waiting... I don't think that'll help. It's already been like 2 months since the change was made, and I doubt many even remember why.

Hell the guy who suggested it was joking in the first place if I remember correctly, but Ex took him seriously for some reason and made the change.

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
As I recall, Saint gave Sarvis his title after his first appearance here at the Codex, and everytime I think it's a bit too harsh.

Actually it was a few months after my first appearance here. See, memories are already fading...

As a concerned patron here, It's all in good fun and I find it annoying when people get all self indignant and try to change shit around here.

I find it amusing when people need to label others to prove their own sense of self-worth.

Saint's been great at keeping things the "same" since I've been here and if it changes or I don't like something, I'll simply leave. I suggest you do the same.

Actually the dumbfuck tag itself was a change. Bye?

Hajo

Liturgist
Fez said:
Risk? What risk? It's an internet forum, no one is going to hunt you down and murder you.

Sisters of Mercy - Colors

"You reap what you sow
Put your face to the ground
Here come the marching men
Your colours wrapped around"

Unlike you, I'm not 100% anonymously here. I mean I love to mess around in this forum, play tricks on people and I usually don't mind if they do the same with me. But I don't want that it takes over to my real life.

As you came up with the cross-dressing thingy, I was tempted to post a photoshopped image of myself - actually I made one just for that purpose - so that you can make fun of me. But I was afraid it could get into wrong hands, and so I stayed away from that idea.

I just carry too much fear and bad experiences with people inside me, sorry.

Mind you, one of my other messages "I like the way how you are mean to people, Fez". And I said "Please don't change".

It's a game and it's ok as a game. You're a pefect partner for this kind of game. But it must stay a game.

... somehow I hoped for a response of one of the admins on my original posting :roll:

Hajo

Liturgist
Hello Sherriff05, I think this is the first time that we meet, although we're both around here since a while.

Sheriff05 said:
As I recall, Saint gave Sarvis his title after his first appearance here at the Codex, and everytime I think it's a bit too harsh. I go back and have a laugh. Rex gave Quigs his and if you think he didn't earn it, Hajo you need a dumbfuck label too. For the record several people including myself tried to lobby Rex to remove Ave's "dumbfuck" label during Rex's last nervous breakdown as it was just wasn't right. As a concerned patron here, It's all in good fun and I find it annoying when people get all self indignant and try to change shit around here. Saint's been great at keeping things the "same" since I've been here and if it changes or I don't like something, I'll simply leave. I suggest you do the same.

I like this place, I said it a few times, and I'll say it again. I'm sure you can scare me away, but that's another thing. I also leave places that I don't like just recently did so, but this forum is far from that point currently.

Getting back to topic: I assume Quigs and Sarvis at some point deserved the label, but the joke wears old and isn't funny anmore. I also agree that moderators need some forms of punishment for misbehaviour. What disturbs me is the point of fairness - I think at some point a punishment must end. ATM these labels look like a lifetime punishment, and this seems to much, particularly since Sarvis last contributions were everything else but dumbfuck-worthy. I'd say the same for Quigs, but I haven't spoken him yet so I'll wait for his opinion on the topic.

Finally, live is change. We change this place with every of our contributions. Members read them think about them and they might influence the next things that they do or think. The future happens now, me make it with each and all of our existence.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I think that a lot of this stems from Hajo's "Lawful Good" alignment. He told Nico that he was gathering information on administrative abuse a few weeks ago when I gave Nico his "Deputy05" Avatar with the Village People cowboy. Nico told him that I was being evil and that he didn't want it, and Hajo took it rather seriously. We had a good laugh, at Hajo's expense, in #fallout.

Also, Ave, Hajo is not being sarcastic. Please make a note of this in your brain.

Hajo, you aren't taking any risks in posting these messages. Your reward for posting messages like these is looking like a pussy to everyone who reads them. That's punishment enough.

I've seen a lot worse from people who've registered just to post about how much they hate the site and its posters.

Fez

Erudite
Jesus Hajo, you think about this way too much. It isn't healthy. As I said before, it's just a forum, and one that is based on opinion and wild discussions. Even when people are tearing into each other with abuse, it's not like a real life beating. Remember that. Take everything with a pinch of salt, as they say.

Anyone choosing to post their image onto the net for public comsumption should be prepared for a bit of photo editing fun. :P

P.S. Just be thankful I used that image and not another. :twisted: There's plenty more where that came from.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Sarvis said:
Hell the guy who suggested it was joking in the first place if I remember correctly, but Ex took him seriously for some reason and made the change.

Don't complain. Saint said "Illiterate" wasn't enough to describe you.

Hajo: I don't know about Sarvis, but as for Quigs, he continues to prove the worth of his title everytime he posts anything. Just take a look at some of his most recent posts, particularly the "Is there a console in your future" thread.

You might also want to take a look at his ignorance pertaining to the Star Trek universe and how he thinks Dojoteef was 'right' about his assumptions on Star Trek even though he was completely wrong about the Replicator technology. Don't forgive me for being a geek, it's a badge of honor. When porqu read all that was said he said to me in #fallout, "Stop arguing with that idiot, why don't you just ban him?" and Quigs came along and posted something even dumber, hence porqu's response to the thread.

You'd be surprised, but porqu is actually intelligent when he doesn't type the way he does.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
Actually it was a few months after my first appearance here. See, memories are already fading...

Was your bang your head against the wall defense of NWN several months after your first appearance?, My recollection may be wrong, it was just the first time you made enough of of an ass of yourself to get on everyones radar.

I find it amusing when people need to label others to prove their own sense of self-worth.

It's better when people that act like complete morons with no shame or reasoning due to the anominity of the internet get called on it.

Actually the dumbfuck tag itself was a change. Bye?

I said or IF I didn't like it. :lol:

For the record, I personally don't think you're a dumbfuck...you do annoy the piss out of me occasionally though. so a slew of other adjectives come to mind when we have stupid conversations.

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
Was your bang your head against the wall defense of NWN several months after your first appearance?, My recollection may be wrong, it was just the first you made enough of of an ass of yourself to get on everyones radar.

No, that was my first appearance here. But the dumbfuck tag didn't come until a couple months after that, during one of my discussions on why roleplaying is not part of RPGs.

It's better when people that act like complete morons with no shame or reasoning due to the anominity of the internet get called on it.

Just because you disagree with my (correct) opinions does not mean I was acting like a moron with no shame or reasoning, and even if I was it has nothing to do with anonymity of the internet. Whenever I start acting like that it's typically out of a lack of respect for my opponents who have shown such behavior.

I said "or IF I didn't like it" :lol:

For the record, I personally don't think you're a dumbfuck...you do annoy the piss out of me occasionally though. so slew of other adjectives come to mind when we have stupid conversations.

Heh... well, thanks. I guess. ;)

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Also, Ave, Hajo is not being sarcastic. Please make a note of this in your brain.
I see you've stopped taking your pills, and are now seeing posts that dont exist again.

Sad :(

Hajo

Liturgist
Exitium said:
I think that a lot of this stems from Hajo's "Lawful Good" alignment. He told Nico that he was gathering information on administrative abuse a few weeks ago when I gave Nico his "Deputy05" Avatar with the Village People cowboy. Nico told him that I was being evil and that he didn't want it, and Hajo took it rather seriously. We had a good laugh, at Hajo's expense, in #fallout.

"Chaotic good" I think fits better. And don't forget that little devil inside me, he get's his chances, too.

The thing with Nicolai was rather strange from my perspective. Particularly since I read most of Nicolais messages, and I basically cannot agree with most of his postings. But while he fights with other members on even ground, this time he seemed to be in the position of the weak and helpless. So I asked him what happened, and he told me his version. I didn't react immediately, well knowing that I'm really bad at judging people, and so we exchanged a few messages during the next days.

The night before Nicolai finally clarified the issue, I had prepared a rather lengthy message that I planned to post the next day. Now, I'm happy that I never sent it, I guess I would have been the biggest fool of the codex ever. Worthy of a dumbfuck medal, really. OTOH the next morning my writeup seemed so hot, that I think it needs to be burned before someone gets a grab on it. Probably I never would have posted it. I still have it, I didn't dare to put in the dustbin, someone could take it and read.

Hajo, you aren't taking any risks in posting these messages. Your reward for posting messages like these is looking like a pussy to everyone who reads them. That's punishment enough.

It's ok. I sometimes prefer to post anonymously, but since I started here by advertising "H-World", I had set up all links to my website and stuff. Some people know me from past projects and other places. I pondered about setting up a second account, but finally decided that I'm just myself, and don't want to hide. But I'm way to weak to stand for all the things that I imagine to do (= being a pussy in Exitium slang).

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Son of a bitch. All this talk about tags has made me realise that Hajo lacks a developer tag after all these months. Whoops!

As for Sarvis, I tend to agree it's been a while since he's been a fumbduck. We'll bump him back up to ILLITERATE.

ps. Fez's picture pwnz.

Avé

Liturgist
Nicolai said:
Yeah, I'm weak and helpless.
aiee.gif
Weak and helpless IN THE FACE OF A MANS EXTENDED ANUS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom