Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unban Chefe...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Joe Krow said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Out-right spam has never been viewed in a good light.
So making someone a moderator is some kind of punishment?
No, we banned Chefe. It's even mentioned as such in the title of this thread. I'm sorry if you thought he'd been made a moderator but that's not what "banned" means.

Joe Krow

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
Joe Krow said:
DarkUnderlord said:
No, we banned Chefe. It's even mentioned as such in the title of this thread. I'm sorry if you thought he'd been made a moderator but that's not what "banned" means.

Idiot.

spiwak

Novice
DarkUnderlord said:
Joe Krow said:
DarkUnderlord said:
kingcomrade?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
By all over, Spacemoose means in single threads every once in a while I post a (sometimes) unrelated 40k pic. Dangerously close to dishonesty, again.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
By all over, Spacemoose means in single threads every once in a while I post a (sometimes) unrelated 40k pic. Dangerously close to dishonesty, again.

Every once and a while? Most of your posts are unrelated pictures, outside of general discussion/retardo land.

cardtrick

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
cardtrick said:
That's pretty dumb.
He did it in every single thread. Chefe has been completely obnoxious and needed a time out. I wouldn't miss him if he was gone forever, though.

I don't disagree. I more meant the entire situation was pretty dumb, Chefe probably most of all. I would miss him if he was gone forever, mostly because I'm American Hare's official fanboy, but he definitely deserved this.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
By most of my posts, he means very few of my posts. Dangerously close to dishonesty, again.

Fine, its not most. But doing a quick search, 1 in 6 of your most recent general rpg discussion posts are pictures. I'm not saying that's a problem, but don't make it out like you hardly post pictures.

To be fair, some of these pic posts are on topic too. But you shouldn't be trying to deny that you post a lot of pictures. That's just patently false.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
cardtrick said:
I don't disagree. I more meant the entire situation was pretty dumb, Chefe probably most of all. I would miss him if he was gone forever, mostly because I'm American Hare's official fanboy, but he definitely deserved this.

He deserves a temporary ban.

Texas Red

Whiner
cardtrick said:
kingcomrade said:
cardtrick said:
That's pretty dumb.
He did it in every single thread. Chefe has been completely obnoxious and needed a time out. I wouldn't miss him if he was gone forever, though.

Card, TNP is from Maine and he said he had met Stephen Kind in some shop. Comments?

Murk

Arcane
Angler was getting past the point of retard with this shit, i don't think a perma ban is necessary unless he keeps being a fucktard.

as for TWD's tag - the purple is too difficult to read, make it red and just stack 'em like you did before.

I'd also question why nicolai and poops have a dumbfuck tag still (or how they even got it to begin with)?

cardtrick

Arbiter
Dark Individual said:
Card, TNP is from Maine and he said he had met Stephen Kind in some shop. Comments?

. . .

Any particular direction you wanted the comments to go? I haven't met Stephen King, but I've seen/heard him a couple of times. Before the van accident, he was a pretty prominent public figure in Maine, and he gave a talk at my middle school once. I think he's a better writer than he's given credit for, and I enjoyed The Stand much more than I thought I would. Ever since reading it, I've meant to read more of his work, but I've never really gotten around to it.

Also, the fact that TNP is from Maine is kind of horrifying.

spacemoose

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Dangerously close to dishonesty, again.
looks like there's a new "I've already won the argument have fun pretending"

I will even improve on it: chillingly close to dishonesty

Murk

Arcane
butthurt detected (don't you get tired of typing the same shit out?)

Lumpy

Arcane
Mikayel said:
I'd also question why nicolai and poops have a dumbfuck tag still (or how they even got it to begin with)?
Nicolai and Poops fucked up the Codex really hard last November. DarkUnderlord is happy because he got an excuse to ban VD, but still keeps the Dumbfuck tags to keep up the charade. :D

Murk

Arcane
Lumpy said:
Nicolai and Poops fucked up the Codex really hard last November. DarkUnderlord is happy because he got an excuse to ban VD, but still keeps the Dumbfuck tags to keep up the charade. :D

oh ho? that sounds like a story i'd like to hear in detail, err read in detail.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was a rather fucked up event back then which brought a "revolution" over the Codex. Really interesting, and an important part of Codex history. There's probably still some thread in retardoland about it.

Joe Krow

Erudite
A civil war followed by a coup followed by a decline.

1. Naked Lunch used his moderators credentials to create some havoc on the site (with help from a few of the regular posters).

2. DarkUnderlord used the confusion this created as an opportunity to remove VD and install himself.

3. Shit got dumb.

-Event 1 had nothing to do with event 2. It was a power grab.

-The dumbing down had nothing to do with event 1 and everything to do with event 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom