Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unban Chefe...

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
In like a week or so. His shenanigans were getting pretty strange but I want to see where American Hare goes.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
This place once so proud of not banning people or locking threads...

Decline of the Codex. :(

Also: All Hail Hydra! Cut Off One Arm And Another Will Take It's Place!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Locue said:

Yeah, right, but this time you can't honestly say that what happened now was a fault of the 'management'.

Seboss

Liturgist
Banned the author of the famous Oblibion and Fallout comics? The offence has to be real bad.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
He's done it once and no actions had been taken, he shouldn't have tempted fate and done it again.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Jaime Lannister said:
After all, spacemoose wasn't banned after his pokejihad.
From memory, pokejihad was about 5 new threads in General Discussion. Chefe's spree was spamming the "Decline of the Codex" image into every first page thread in the News Comments, Site Feedback and General RPG Discussion forum. This is the second time (in a week) that he's done that. This time, he only stopped because I knocked out his account mid-stride. If it'd been 15 new threads in General Discussion, I probably wouldn't have been as concerned as my initial response is generally relative to the amount of effort required to clean up the mess and the damage intended by the action (plus, moving entire threads into Retardo land enmass is really easy). We had to split all his posts out and into Retardo Land. For those who want to mention Volourn, that was only one new thread in Site Feedback per day to replace the one we Retardo'd the day before.

Locue said:
Look up "Sheriff Fatman" or have a chat with Jedi Learner. We've got a long history of banning spammers and trolls. The only people who are given enough rope to hang themselves are those in flame wars, expressing opinions no matter how rightly or wrongly. Out-right spam has never been viewed in a good light. Our immediate response is always an on-the-spot ban to stop the spamming. We don't ban people for having different opinions. We will however, happily ban people for creating a mess which needs to be cleaned up. Whether that ban ever gets over-turned or not is a separate issue.

Locue said:
All Hail Hydra! Cut Off One Arm And Another Will Take It's Place!
Ask yourself this question: Where is Andhaira?

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
Locue said:
All Hail Hydra! Cut Off One Arm And Another Will Take It's Place!
Ask yourself this question: Where is Andhaira?

Andhaira was almost certainly an alt who had a great time causing so much trouble, and then went back to normal posting after the ban. If he was a real poster, he could have just made a new account without a problem. i just don't see what banning Chefe ultimately accomplices, but its your call. He's been saying he wanted a new name anyway, so maybe he'll just reregister.

For what its worth, maybe if the dumbfuck tag still had meaning then banning wouldn't be the only moderation tool left here. Half the active posters seem to be dumbfucks now.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
If he was a real poster, he could have just made a new account without a problem.

I take it you weren't around for the weeks and weeks of the post ban Andhaira alts?

Half the active posters seem to be dumbfucks now.

So the tag is accurate, at least.

i just don't see what banning Chefe ultimately accomplices

Well I doubt he'll stay banned forever. Even if he does it's not like he's posted any decent hentai in recent years.

Texas Red

Whiner
Why don't you unban doctor TNP? Bashing Jews and Muslims is a common pass time here now. VD once forbade racism and nacism but Cleve and other spam the forums with exactly that like there's no tomorrow.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
Bluebottle said:
If he was a real poster, he could have just made a new account without a problem.

I take it you weren't around for the weeks and weeks of the post ban Andhaira alts?

I might be wrong, but I took that to be part of the joke too. Noone who was seriously trying to maintain a presence here can be kept out by banning. I guess that the alt banning does show that with persistence, banning can make trolling stop being fun to the point where the person either goes back to normal posting on a real account, or leaves. But was that really needed for chefe? are we trying to drive him away forever? Seems unnecessary to me.

Helton

Arcane
Banning Chefe accomplices a stop to the spamming. He'll probably get unbanned in a while and maybe he'll get a handle on his bi-polar mood swings. Seems to have eventually worked with Jedi_Learner.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
Helton said:
Banning Chefe accomplices a stop to the spamming. He'll probably get unbanned in a while and maybe he'll get a handle on his bi-polar mood swings. Seems to have eventually worked with Jedi_Learner.

You're right. I withdraw my objection to the banning. When we lost the possibility of the VD lulz purge, I kind of gave up on the idea of any regulations here, since it didn't seem like they could fix the problems, but chefe should at least learn a lesson from the ban.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Banning is for wussies. But, it's also fun to use power to smack down punks, too. Wins either way!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
SpaceKungFuMan said:
Noone who was seriously trying to maintain a presence here can be kept out by banning.
Unless you're Andhaira yourself (in which case, going by the log, you bounced off my proxy block 63 times before you got through) or Sheriff Fatman returned (in which case you sure took a long time to come back after spending the last few years whinging about me destroying your internet life), then that's not really true. For the most part though, if we ban someone and they come back with a new account, act normal and nobody notices, I'm not fussed.

SpaceKungFuMan said:
But was that really needed for chefe? are we trying to drive him away forever? Seems unnecessary to me.
Chefe is going through the Jedi Learner part of his forum life. He wanted to be banned. He edited out his oblibion comics and replaced them with "Hello World". In the end I dug those out of the edit log when someone requested them. He's now spammed the forum up twice. He needed to put his hand in the fire to determine if it was hot. Coming here and posting crap like kingcomrade doesn't bother me / the admins. Spamming the forum in what appears to be a deliberate attack that only annoys people and makes work for us, does.

User was nabbed fit

DarkUnderlord's the hero that Codex deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... and so we'll hunt him ... because he can take it ... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom