Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Can the adaptive difficulty be disabled? I asked earlier and nobody gave an answer. That crap doesn't ever work as intended and I'd rather play without it.
There doesn't seem to be a way to disable it, from everything I've read.

It's the one aspect of DD2 that I'm wholly opposed to, but I'm confident it's not going to ruin my fun in my first playthrough. I'm sure we'll have some good mods down the line to deal with that for subsequent playthroughs. Time to get a PC, SDG.
Yeah it's not a total boner killer but it's definitely decline. I noticed it throughout my entire playthrough of REmake 2. It was annoying af. Hopefully they improved it a bit since then so it's less distracting. Also I hear the Steamdeck kind of shits it's pants while running this game.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
From the article linked above.

Benchmarking this game was an exercise in frustration, though: NPCs in the city area phase in and out, as if they're being teleported off-world to the USS Enterprise, and in the open world, you're regularly attacked by monsters. The day-night cycle isn't super quick, but the transition from day to night is quite abrupt. All of which kept interfering with the test runs.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Secondly, it was taking a very long time just to process the command lists from the DirectX API. On the 14700KF system, it took 25 milliseconds on average, in the city area. In comparison, something like Cyberpunk 2077 has API processing times roughly half as long.
Interesting.
While I can't tell precisely what the command list contains (PIX just wouldn't attach properly to the game)
Denuvo at work.

lI8f61U.jpeg

Basically Witcher 3 team could make this work on 2-4 cores with ease.

Frankly, we would see if this would have some decent performance on low end GFX cards and Witcher 3 level CPUs.
And it certainly wasn't anything to do with the quality settings used during testing. At 1080p, with everything on its lowest value or off, the Ryzen 5 5600X + Radeon RX 6600 system achieved 39 fps on average, with the 1% low value being 20 fps, in the Vernworth city. Oh, and it looked horrible with those settings.
Wait they already said it looked like shit on Radeon RX 6600.

Well, legal users, have fun with Denuvo. I'm gonna play Gas station simulator instead. Perhaps there would be performance improvements half year later.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
What about the nights btw, are they still dark as they should be, or dumbed down as well?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Can't wait to see how me mum's new PC handles this beast. She didn't skimp, I think she said she spent around $4000. I'll go take a look and report back on how it runs. Lucky for me I have the power of alcohol which slows the brain and eyeballs down, so 30fps and below actually look like 120fps. Take that, spoiled PC assholes!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Now I have a weird idea... Imagine it's some ploy to sell more PS5: It runs. And you don't have to deal with Denuvo activation limits...

Mortmal

Arcane
Now I have a weird idea... Imagine it's some ploy to sell more PS5: It runs. And you don't have to deal with Denuvo activation limits...

It's not a new ploy; people here jump at my throat when I say this, but for most people, the superior experience would be on consoles. The average guy is too unfamiliar with PCs, and there's plenty of evidence everywhere on forums, Steam, and Reddit. Just look at the average hardware those individuals have according to the Steam survey; it's nowhere near enough to play something like that, and most often, it's even inferior to a PS5.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Can the adaptive difficulty be disabled? I asked earlier and nobody gave an answer. That crap doesn't ever work as intended and I'd rather play without it.
There doesn't seem to be a way to disable it, from everything I've read.

It's the one aspect of DD2 that I'm wholly opposed to, but I'm confident it's not going to ruin my fun in my first playthrough. I'm sure we'll have some good mods down the line to deal with that for subsequent playthroughs. Time to get a PC, SDG.
Yeah it's not a total boner killer but it's definitely decline. I noticed it throughout my entire playthrough of REmake 2. It was annoying af. Hopefully they improved it a bit since then so it's less distracting. Also I hear the Steamdeck kind of shits it's pants while running this game.

As far as I know, adaptive difficulty in RE games only is applied as such when you play on anything but the hardest. If you play on hardest, it won't drop you down if you do poorly.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
As far as I know, adaptive difficulty in RE games only is applied as such when you play on anything but the hardest. If you play on hardest, it won't drop you down if you do poorly.
Which ones had it? I only remember it in REmake 2 (I didn't play far into REmake 4). REmake 3 didn't have it. If it did, they did a much better job of hiding it.

Terenty

Liturgist

Died three times throughout the whole playthrough, two of which from falling and insta dying.

A big Fuck You to whoever designed this trash

Sentinel

Arcane
What the fuck is this obsession with death count? Who cares, retard? Difficulty is a meaningless thing. As long as the game is challenging enough to be engaging, that's all it needs to be. It doesn't need to 1 shot you everytime you touch a goblin's ballsack.

I didn't die a lot in DD1 either. That says 0 about the quality of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom