Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Yeah, the microtransactions are probably the least of the game's problems, eventhough the Art of Metamorphosis item is somewhat of an outrage: in Dark Arisen, you had to buy it with Rift Crystals as well iirc, but it permanently unlocked the character editor, whereas now it's one-time use.
In the original you could initially only buy one-time uses but after reaching the post-game you could unlock it permanently
Right.
The question is whether there's a Secret of Metamorphosis that you can unlock in this as well.

Jinn

Arcane
This is exactly the kind of thing I like doing but... is it just going to be a dissapointment like it was in ER? Is there anything in that dark cave worth your time, or is it going to be some gold and a weapon/hat you'll never use? The pre-release stuff seemed to imply there were going to be hidden masters to find and teach you secret vocations... but that was horseshit right? So what the fuck am I exploring for besides to find yet another cyclops or whatever?
Every piece of equipment I've found in my off-the-beaten-path explorations so far has been instantly valuable and equipped. But I'm still early in, so I have no idea how this'll be further in. As for exploring just for the sake of finding challenges to face? Well, this is one of those games where that's rewarding in itself for me, just because I find the gameplay so satisfying.

Have no idea how this translates into what you value in gaming. You seem very hesitant, so you should probably just hold off for a good long while.

Herumor

Scholar
Turns out that post was right, no option to start a new game from the main menu:

20TqlTJ.png

Also, played about two hours of this now on my brand new PC, I've got a 7800X3D and a 4080 Super, playing at 1440p, and outside the city I get around 120fps - I keep it capped at that - and when inside the city itself it drops to between 40-60fps. This is all settings maxed out, with ray tracing turned on.

Deflowerer

Arcane
DLC is usual Capcom crap that is not needed at all, problem is that this time they made some design decisions that go against the bog standard expectations (no ez pez fast travel) so your average normie thinks he is being ripped off.

Yosharian

Arcane
I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but... if people are stupid enough to buy RC or gimmick items with their real money, then that's on them and it doesn't bother me. Like, it's not great, but if it means we are more likely to get a Bitterblack Isles expansion then... it's honestly not that big of an issue.

What does bother me:

- shit perf
- unable to restart character
- lack of polish
- no FOV slider
- can't rebind certain keys
- forced mouse acceleration

Tyrr

Liturgist
How do you spot people who never played DD1?
Look for the ones complaining about the save system.

Twelve years isn't enough to implement improvements. People need to stop acting so entitled.
It's a design choice. Not the lack of ability to implement a different save system. It was also an unusual save system 12 years ago. People also complained back then.
But only people who played DD1 recognize this.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, the microtransactions are probably the least of the game's problems, eventhough the Art of Metamorphosis item is somewhat of an outrage: in Dark Arisen, you had to buy it with Rift Crystals as well iirc, but it permanently unlocked the character editor, whereas now it's one-time use.
In the original you could initially only buy one-time uses but after reaching the post-game you could unlock it permanently
Right.
The question is whether there's a Secret of Metamorphosis that you can unlock in this as well.
Yeah, the Pawn Guild sells all that shit just like they did in DD1. It's 500 RC.

Basically, if there's something you're wondering about along those lines, the answer is probably: Same as DD1.

The game feels like an updated DD1 with more exploration elements and features like camping and food buffs from camping, more ways to teach your pawn stuff... and a sore need of an optimization pass based on most people's experiences. I get the occasional stutter in nu-Gran Soren (where everything is basically laid out like Gran Soren), but nothing overly significant.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Played for about half an hour so far. Playing at 1080p on a 3060 with i7 8700 and got 60-70 FPS in the tutorial and 50-60 in the small camp you arrive in immediately after the tutorial.
Not sure how much it'll start to dip once I get to a larger places like the cities or in battles in a forest, but so far it honestly doesn't seem as bad as I had anticipated. No way for me to know if things will change soon though

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Yeah, the Pawn Guild sells all that shit just like they did in DD1. It's 500 RC.
[...]

What the Pawn Guild sells is probably the single-use Art of Metamorphosis.
Secret of Metamorphosis unlocked a permanent char editor. The question is whether that's in DD2 as well.

Carceri

Arcane
Turns out that post was right, no option to start a new game from the main menu:

20TqlTJ.png

Also, played about two hours of this now on my brand new PC, I've got a 7800X3D and a 4080 Super, playing at 1440p, and outside the city I get around 120fps - I keep it capped at that - and when inside the city itself it drops to between 40-60fps. This is all settings maxed out, with ray tracing turned on.
What the actual hell, so this is true?!

Upcoming microtransaction: start a new adventure for only 1.99$

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Microtransactions in single player games is a cancerous trend that needs to die. I can't believe that there are players of all places in RPG Codex that are OK with it just because "You don't need it, you can buy it with in game currency easly"
Gamers get the games they deserve... :|

Yosharian

Arcane
Btw anyone using the 'delete your save file' trick to restart - don't do this too many times as apparently it counts as an 'activation' each time and Denuvo will brick your game after 5 activations lmao

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Btw anyone using the 'delete your save file' trick to restart - don't do this too many times as apparently it counts as an 'activation' each time and Denuvo will brick your game after 5 activations lmao
I find this hard to believe tbh, but it's hilarious if true.

Yosharian

Arcane
Microtransactions in single player games is a cancerous trend that needs to die. I can't believe that there are players of all places in RPG Codex that are OK with it just because "You don't need it, you can buy it with in game currency easly"
I'm not ok with it, I'm saying it's not the biggest issue compared to other problems.

I also would like to point out that in this situation it's Capcom farming money from retards too stupid to realise they are ruining their own game experience

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"$1.99 to edit your character appearance in a single-player game after spending $80.00. Your character appearance is on their servers so deleting your save files from \STEAM\userdata\NUMBER\2054970\remote\win64_save and making edits within the character creator, even with Cloud saves off, does not apply to your in-game character."

idi-amin-laugh.gif

ADL

Prophet
I'm not ok with it, I'm saying it's not the biggest issue compared to other problems.

I also would like to point out that in this situation it's Capcom farming money from retards too stupid to realise they are ruining their own game experience
It's Deus Ex Mankind Divided all over again, one of my favorite games ever despite their dogshit practices. Selling crap earned in game you truly aren't supposed to buy since it undermines the intended design. Not sure why they'd even bother, how much is honestly being made in proportion to the negative user reviews and press this will generate?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh what the shit. I spent an hour making the most badass looking MFer pawn ever and he has the voice of a flaming homosexual. He did NOT sound like that in the creator!
i see you rollplay proctologist already

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom