Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Yosharian

Arcane
Microtransactions in single player games is a cancerous trend that needs to die. I can't believe that there are players of all places in RPG Codex that are OK with it just because "You don't need it, you can buy it with in game currency easly"
Gamers get the games they deserve... :|
I'm not ok with it, I'm saying it's not the biggest issue compared to other problems.

I also would like to point out that in this situation it's Capcom farming money from retards too stupid to realise they are ruining their own game experience
It's Deus Ex Mankind Divided all over again, one of my favorite games ever despite their dogshit practices. Selling crap earned in game you truly aren't supposed to buy since it undermines the intended design. Not sure why they'd even bother, how much is honestly being made in proportion to the negative user reviews and press this will generate?
Ehh with MK I was really more annoyed about the fact the game wasn't finished, and that they trashed the series after it didn't earn them $90b

The pre-order up selling was annoying as fuck but didn't ruin the experience for me

In fact HR was more egregious on this point iirc regarding in-game bonus items specifically

Gandalf

Arbiter
Where tf do you get this outfit at? She's only a level 9 pawn so it's gotta be near the start.

20240322-041012.jpg
Please spoiler such a content, it made me excited!

Btw. what did you choose to play as?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Jesus, /v/ is full on schizo posting mode, the board absolutely flooded :lol:

I don't think even Baldur's Gate 3 and Elden Ring was this bad - and the latter game was playing on slideshow mode for the first months after release lol

Anyway, here's a treat:

Last edited:

SmilingGorion

Literate

I don't think even Elden Ring was this bad and that game was playing on slideshow mode for the first months after release lol

Anyway, here's a treat:

Them investing part of the budget to buy expensive meat and record themselves cooking it instead of rendering that in-game is an interesting choice considering the choice to nickle and dime the game to hell and back. Winning, yeah?

Dyet

Novice
I've done my fair share of shitting on this game, but this microtransaction controversy is puzzling. It's the typical single player pay-to-win/convenient unlocks in Capcom games like the REmakes and DMC5 that only idiots spend money on. Even the first game had something of the sort, so this was really to be expected. I guess the performance issues have made people less than enamored with the game, so any further transgressions aren't being allowed to slide.

Shrimp

Arbiter

I don't think even Elden Ring was this bad and that game was playing on slideshow mode for the first months after release lol

Anyway, here's a treat:
Them investing part of the budget to buy expensive meat and record themselves cooking it instead of rendering that in-game is an interesting choice considering the choice to nickle and dime the game to hell and back. Winning, yeah?
Itsuno said in an interview that it far easier and cheaper to just record real meat being cooked rather than trying to animate every intricate detail.
Seems like a reasonable choice to me but I think it'd be especially hilarious if this is a sign of things to come. What if the pursuit for life-like graphics in video games ends up resulting in us returning to just using prerecorded videos in cutscenes?

Sentinel

Arcane
R9 7900X3D
Geforce 4070TI

4k @ 60-80fps with High Settings and DLSS3 in the forest, and at the first village with "a lot" of NPCs. Game looks fucking gorgeous in the forest. There's definitely some micro stuttering going on sometimes.
Can you try with DLSS off? It's probably only hurting your FPS in this case (especially in the towns).
Did steam get rid of the reviews over time graph thing? I can't find it all of the sudden.

Also, 2300 reviews are 'other' instead of 'purchased. Wonder where those came from?!?
"Other" are cd-key activations, meaning you purchased the game from a store that wasn't Steam. These reviews are not counted towards the overall review score.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
- I can still beat up a goblin using antoher goblin :incline:

- Performance is fine (on my AMD rocket) but man fuck these games optimising for either of the three CPU/GPU mafia
- Microtransactions are somewhat of a suprise, though after CAPCOM added mtx to fucking SFVI singleplayer what can I say other than greedy corporate swine! Which reminds, me I have to fill in my yearly personal growth objectives at work :mixedemotions:
- No FOV slider which is amazing, I always enjoy regurgitating my own stomach acid

Yosharian

Arcane
> Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings or Global Settings > find or add DD2 > Shader Cache Size > change to Unlimited

This was posted on Reddit, no idea if it actually makes any difference

Also some guy on Discord said to set the app priority to High but I'm sceptical that that will actually do anything

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I find it somehow... poetic how you guys spend hours crafting the prettiest waifu pawn possible, only to then pimp them out to other players to earn rift shards. Hope you at least make your pawns wash themselves when they get back from their "adventures".

Last edited:

VerSacrum

Educated
I find it somehow... poetic how you guys spend hours crafting the prettiest waifu pawn possible, only to to then pimp them out to other players to earn rift shards. Hope you at least make your pawns wash themselves when they get back from their "adventures".
I'll play this like I played the first, offline only with only main pawn. Who's a fat, male, "Brother Tuck" type of healer character with a tonsure haircut.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Game is incredible. Even better than Elden Ring, at least early on. I feel so bad for poorfags and cheap jews who couldn't/refused to upgrade their hardware and can't play this beautiful masterpiece. This is what happens Larry, this is what happens. Anyways back to this marvelous adventure. I love it so much.
:love:
Please spoiler such a content, it made me excited!
Btw. what did you choose to play as?
Archer

I find it somehow... poetic how you guys spend hours crafting the prettiest waifu pawn possible, only to to then pimp them out to other players to earn rift shards. Hope you at least make your pawns wash themselves when they get back from their "adventures".
clare.jpg

I'll make my own Claire just like I did for 1

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
R9 7900X3D
Geforce 4070TI

4k @ 60-80fps with High Settings and DLSS3 in the forest, and at the first village with "a lot" of NPCs. Game looks fucking gorgeous in the forest. There's definitely some micro stuttering going on sometimes.
Can you try with DLSS off? It's probably only hurting your FPS in this case (especially in the towns).
Now that I tested it a little bit, I can say that DLSS doesn't make much of a difference at all in my setup. DLSS with the "quality" preset gives you like 5-10% more performance, though its really not worth it, because you won't be able to target 100fps in this game anyway. I get constant 60fps in the cities though, which is awesome. No dips either besides micro stutters while the game is loading in assets or npcs right in front of you. I expected the game to run way worse on 4k, so I am fine with that. Even though the optimization is absolutely fucking ass.

Sentinel

Arcane
R9 7900X3D
Geforce 4070TI

Now that I tested it a little bit, I can say that DLSS doesn't make much of a difference at all in my setup. DLSS with the "quality" preset gives you like 5-10% more performance, though its really not worth it, because you won't be able to target 100fps in this game anyway. I get constant 60fps in the cities though, which is awesome. No dips either besides micro stutters while the game is loading in assets or npcs right in front of you. I expected the game to run way worse on 4k, so I am fine with that. Even though the optimization is absolutely fucking ass.
If you get constant 60fps you might try driver-level frame generation to see if you can hit that 100fps barrier.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
R9 7900X3D
Geforce 4070TI

If you get constant 60fps you might try driver-level frame generation to see if you can hit that 100fps barrier.
If you are talking about the DLSS 3 frame generation mod, it seems to crash the game for a lot of people.

Sentinel

Arcane
R9 7900X3D
Geforce 4070TI

If you are talking about the DLSS 3 frame generation mod, it seems to crash the game for a lot of people.
AMD has a driver option for frame generation so I thought NVIDIA had something equivalent without needing a mod. That's what I was referring to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom