Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

3.5: Looking for help with Mastery of Many Forms

Caim

Arcane
Hey bros, I've been mucking around a bit with the Master of Many Forms prestige class and I've come up with a pair of builds that I'd like to take on a spin soon. First one's got Planar Shepherd in it:

Totem Druid 1/Master of Many Forms 4/Planar Shepherd 9/Master of Many Forms 6

Now, this build is Human only and hinges on this text from the Manual of the Planes:

In addition, petitioners that seem more native to other Outer Planes sometimes walk the Outlands — valiant warriors that should be among Ysgard’s glorious dead, and half-melted lemures that belong in Hell are lost or were misdirected to the Outlands. Or maybe these petitioners were not quite good or evil enough to truly merit their inclusion on an aligned plane.

"Seem more native" means "they look, but are not native to the Aligned Planes", meaning they are Petitioners (and hence, Outsiders) from the Outlands. And the second part outright states that beings normally native to the Aligned Planes can end up in the Outlands if they are too "meh" for their alignment. So, I postulate that the Outlands contain all Petitioners that you would normally find only in the Planes specific, and hence are fair game for Wild Shape (Outsider) if you meet the other requirements. (HD and so on). Plus, Planar Shepherd gives you ALL of a class' SU, EX and SP abilities at level 9, like the MoMF gives you them at level 7. And while Wild Shape (Outsider) costs two of your Wild Shapes, which has great synergy with the MoMF's one-extra-WS-per-level thing and the Totem Druid's 9 at level 20, for a total of 19 WS per day. One thing I'll have to keep in mind is that if I want to cast like these creatures I'll have to divide my stats in such a way I can cast these spells, any ideas for that?

The other goes like this:

Wild Shape Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 10/Warshaper 5

This is a more straight combat oriented build, with full BAB, even more options (Multimorph means that you don't have to spend charges when using WS when already in a shape) and Warshaper granting a number of other sweet options. You're not much of a caster and get next to no class bonuses, but who cares about that?

So, any ideas regarding feats, spell and other stuff to make these builds work best?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom