Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

a ban?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well when I came to this site just some minutes ago I noticed that it was stating that I was banned. if it was so what was the reason? or may be it was a bug?
because I was sitting through TrafficCompressor which gives some german IP, but when I turned it off, got natural IP, I was able to login and, well, post this comment.

so what was it? a ban or a bug?

Calis

Pensionado
If Traffic Compressor is in the same range as Anonymouse (also German), then it was intentional. I've had enough of those anonymice alts, first of many proxies that I'm banning.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I see. No it's not anonymous (or something) I think. It's just getting all information first to it's servers, compresses it and then sends to me (I'm currently on limited traffic internet, so I'm using it for sparing some mbs). So yeah. it works like some kind of proxy.

Calis

Pensionado
GZip compression is enabled for this forum, your browser should be receiving the text data compressed, and since the graphics are most likely cached, it shouldn't make much of a difference for this site. I'm guessing traffic compressor is in the same IP range (possibly owned by the same company?) as anonymouse.org.
Sorry for the inconvenience though, but I think I'll leave that IP range banned since I really don't feel like having a detailed look at which IP's are anonymouse and which IP's are tcompressor.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I'm so glad we have an admin who knows to ban anon proxy IPs, but can't dynamic IPs do the same thing or do we track MAC address too? Anonymous proxies are a great way of getting around port blocking on your network(Gaming/torr ent).

Calis

Pensionado
I ban dynamic IP's by banning ranges. If two Codexers live close enough for it to affect both, I'm sure the nerd-rage would've reached critical mass in that location and we'd have seen it on the evening news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom