Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout A Fallout 1/2 inspired isometric cRPG from New Blood Interactive

Codex Year of the Donut
I was curious what it would look like with the Fallout colour palette - a reduced 256 colour palette. It breaks up the smoothness of the surfaces, but still looks gorgeous.

itW50dv.png
Fallout's art only has 228 colors available, 229-254 is reserved for animation purposes, 255 is unused, 0 is transparency. And the palette is shared with the UI EXCEPT for the help screen which gets its own palette.

.Pixote.

Augur
Fallout's art only has 228 colors available, 229-254 is reserved for animation purposes, 255 is unused, 0 is transparency. And the palette is shared with the UI EXCEPT for the help screen which gets its own palette.

I know that, I was just simplify it down, no need to squeeze my balls! The colours in question.

12eMj.gif

Strig

Learned
Has anyone attempted to figure out how he's achieving this look?
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lxN8oe

alexander-berezin-900-wpng-01.jpg

This picture that deviates from the iso-view makes it looks like its just handpainted textures, sans normals maps.
No idea about the lighting though.
There's nothing to figure out really. He just remade everything in 3D so he can render it from any angle he chooses. He even made this some time ago:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
They said they have Mark Morgan attached but his work hasn't been as good as it used to be but hopefully he could dig up some old vibes.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Itz in development

Also it seems to flip Fallout's premise on its head. What if nuclear apocalypse didn't happen? What kind of adventures and moral challenges would take place in functioning 50s style futuristic society? Maybe we find out that nuclear apocalypse and following fallout was better option

Notice: "Our unannounced retro-futurist cRPG...". No post-apocalypse mentioned and no post-apocalypse shown in all gifs and jpegs so far released. Given that this is CEO's passion project, has provenly great artist and original Fallout composer, plus New Blood is not woke company, excuse me if my horse cock gets a wee bit hard for this

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think I heard that before that he stole from some band? There was some youtube comments about it.
He didn't steal, he was tasked by Cain & Boyarsky to create something similar in sound to specific Aphex Twin tracks. Obviously they sound similar, that was the point, he uses similar sounding instruments and orchestration.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You guys would fuck a dead dog if they'd let you, that's how much taste you have. This game looks like a Christmas bauble and you're excited. I've yet to find a single thing that doesn't get you excited.

You could be enjoying the art below. Instead you'll be eating shiny happy shit that came out of a teletubbie's ass.

alexander-berezin-br-1.gif

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Normally, I don't care for the looks of Fallout-clones, but this title looks like its going to be really nice. Doesn't even matter too much that its another one of those games where culture is permanently stuck in the '50s.

Harthwain

Magister
Looks like a 1:1 Fallout clone, not just "inspired"

I'm not seeing a downside.
It doesn't have to be a downside, but the meaning of the words is different. A clone is going to look almost the same, while an inspiration can be more distinct. Depending on the aesthetics I'd love to see a clone more than an inspiration, if I enjoyed visuals of a particular game for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom