Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Pirate's Life In Risen 2: Dark Waters (IGN)

Dantus12

Educated
Kraszu said:
Dantus12 said:
Combat looks horrible, with swords and illogical with guns, the
"improved animations," work on apparently everything and everyone except the player character which is truly frustrating.

Teh console is stronger for me than in Skyrim.

The general opinion will be:
But the interface is in squares so square are the keys on my keyboard - it's PC, if it round it's console because round are the buttons of a controller.

Disappointing, when watching the videos the world feels limited, a similar problem with character positioning like DA2. Well, they will get their Gothic license back from Joo Wood so there's hope.
Optimizing a Genome clone for consoles, teh RAM will give us small islands and problematic travel between islands with lots of water and nothing else, but hey there's no visible loading now.
Somehow doesn't look good at all (not about visuals), and I liked the first game allot, but the idea with this aim thingy and auto reload and auto focus and these HB over NPC heads so much chaos. Zero reactivity from NPC''s when combat occurs, and if they think releasing multiplat, good luck with it in the next 2 months, to get all the problems right.

2 months? The game is released at 27 of April.

They don't have much more time than 2 months to work on, a game isn't made in the evening before and delivered to the user the next day, and they seriously fucked up the Risen XBAWXS release, so MicroTurd will not be as friendly this time with the release on their "superior" platform, You need a 3 week patch approval at Microsoft, so indeed not much more to work on if the release is a parallel one, till the end of February .

Wonder why there's no console footage by now, maybe because that's being done now, so the PC version is done pretty much , they are releasing for PS3 too , this time if You go by Biowares team size , and their teams size of 26 people, and a
outsourcing fiasco behind them, not much time left really.
The previous game went gold which isn't a indicator at all a month before, and they cant afford a console failure this time, so no malice from me or mindless bashing.

Cassidy

Arcane
Dantus12 said:
Combat looks horrible, with swords and illogical with guns, the
"improved animations," work on apparently everything and everyone except the player character which is truly frustrating.

Teh console is stronger for me than in Skyrim.

The general opinion will be:
But the interface is in squares so square are the keys on my keyboard - it's PC, if it round it's console because round are the buttons of a controller.

Disappointing, when watching the videos the world feels limited, a similar problem with character positioning like DA2. Well, they will get their Gothic license back from Joo Wood so there's hope.
Optimizing a Genome clone for consoles, teh RAM will give us small islands and problematic travel between islands with lots of water and nothing else, but hey there's no visible loading now.
Somehow doesn't look good at all (not about visuals), and I liked the first game allot, but the idea with this aim thingy and auto reload and auto focus and these HB over NPC heads so much chaos. Zero reactivity from NPC''s when combat occurs, and if they think releasing multiplat, good luck with it in the next 2 months, to get all the problems right.

Pyranha Bytes was one of the few remaining developers that truly placed the RPG with capital "R" in their Action RPGs and unfortunately they never became the standard for this genre. What's next: Age of Decadence making a turn to decline like Afterfall did?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Captain Shrek said:
toro said:
Captain Shrek said:
Saxon1974 said:
More linear and "more accessible"

my interest in this game just went down ALOT

Risen was already LINEAR.

How is Retardo-Land this time of the year?

If you tell me why it was NOT linear past the faction joining part I will admit that my post was retarded.

Late response. The problem is that your statement is misleading: Risen BECOMES linear towards the end. And mostly because a standard player would definitely explore the entire island by that point :) But you cannot say that Risen is fundamentally a linear game, because is not. Maybe my post was harsh, but please don't reply with the metaphysical proof that every game is linear in reality.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Elwro said:
I don't think Afterfall ever was on the right track...

This. Seriously. When did Afterfall ever look like anything other than a Dead Space clone in terms of game play?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Excidium said:
Wasn't it initially meant to be a TB RPG based on Fallout?
Sure. In the same way as this little game I'm working is meant to have dialogue on the level of Planescape and combat which combines the best features of ToEE and Knights of the Chalice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom