Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A question about publishers quarterly reports

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
When do publishers usually publicize their sales figures? Do they need to do it at all? When can one expect to see figures for the first and second quarter 2010?

I ask because I am already immensely looking forward to UBISofts sales figures after the UPlay desaster. Quite sure there will be lulz when they come out. If not, I would be very surprised.

relootz

Scholar
GlobalExplorer said:
When do publishers usually publicize their sales figures? Do they need to do it at all? When can one expect to see figures for the first and second quarter 2010?

I ask because I am already immensely looking forward to UBISofts sales figures after the UPlay desaster. Quite sure there will be lulz when they come out.

They do publish, i remember Blizzard doing it. There was a stream for the stockholders to follow it.

Yeesh

Magister
GlobalExplorer said:

I ask because I am already immensely looking forward to UBISofts sales figures after the UPlay desaster. Quite sure there will be lulz when they come out. If not, I would be very surprised.

Public companies have to publish their financials in order for their stock to be traded on securities exchanges. Privately held companies don't usually have any obligation to publish such info.

Achilles

Arcane
I'm also waiting for these sales figures. If their assumption was correct (that poor sales are due to piracy and not shitty popamole ports), then we should see much bigger sales figures. Either way, they will be very interesting.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Exactly, the sales figures could have dropped dramatically. If this should happen it could become interesting, and heads will roll.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think that fraud is likely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom