Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Risen german video and.. it looks pretty much old-school

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wow, it's like Gothic, even with the somewhat stilted, but (to me) hilariously "trashy" dialogue. (I say this with praise!)

shardspin

Novice
It's "USK: ab 18" according to some strange Amazon page.

The former games were two steps lower on the rating (but it might be that the rating guidelines changed). Let's hope for the best.

As I see it the only way to fuck the game up would be to have totally easy combat.

Turok

Erudite
Risen and Divine divinity 2 are the best games comming out in the next months, Gothic 4 gameplay is too plastic and empty, is like a MMO but with no other ppl for say it in other words.

Turok said:
Gothic 4 gameplay is too plastic and empty, is like a MMO but with no other ppl for say it in other words.
It's still in the alpha stage, you can't judge it that harshly yet.

Turok

Erudite
Satori said:
Turok said:
Gothic 4 gameplay is too plastic and empty, is like a MMO but with no other ppl for say it in other words.
It's still in the alpha stage, you can't judge it that harshly yet.

Wanna bet that the game is going to be like TWO WORLDS???

Stauff

Liturgist
Azrael the cat said:
... As opposed to Bioware: BG2 sold well, KoToR sold really well (+console), NWN sold awesomely, Mass Effect sold really awesomely, hence keep going in that direction (same for Bethesda).

Really NWN sold awesomely.. what a pain.. I thought it was really bad sales-wise. I still don't understand who can play NWN without going multiplayer and multiplayer is not interesting at all...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't know if you noticed but NWN has a fantastic engine for multiplayer, giving it still a nice foothold of players. Make a good engine for multiplayer and people will come.

Project: Eternity
Jasede said:
Don't know if you noticed but NWN has a fantastic engine for multiplayer, giving it still a nice foothold of players. Make a good engine for multiplayer and people will come.

NWN2 is similar in that regard. There's fewer worlds, but there are some. The next patch will finally include some autodownloader features which will hopefully help people get into PWs. At the moment it's kinda tedious to download the files by hand and placing them, though there's some tools that automate that as well, but if it's built right into the game that's obviously so much easier.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
DefJam101 said:
They better be shooting for an M rating this time. :?
According to the Publisher, it's already rated M.
Only USK 12 in Germany, though. :D
The rest of Europe will probably be somewhere inbetween.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Nedrah said:
Satori said:
A bit disappointed with the combat, taking on 5 enemies at once and plowing through them? That ain't my Gothic :x

Then again, the guy said that balance was still a work in progress, using the bow that did too much damage against a boar as an example. Apart from that I agree, taking on 5 enemies in melee should be something reserved for very, very late in the game, if viable at all.

Those 5 enemies were called "Funny Gnomes" though, and they're evidently the comic relief pushover monsters for the first few quests/levels. The Glittermoths from later on seemed appropriately tough at least.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Claw said:
DefJam101 said:

Yeah, because the German version had blood replaced with lollipops and daffodils.

Shannow

Waster of Time
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Claw said:
DefJam101 said:

Yeah, because the German version had blood replaced with lollipops and daffodils.
Because the previous Gothics weren't full of blood spatters, skeletal remains and impaled paladins... Sure.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Cthulhugoat said:
They should get rid of the "HEH! JAH! HEH!" combat sounds. It's all very Dragonball Z.
Some interview said that would be toned down in the final version. I just wish they'd go with a completely different VA for the main char...

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Shannow said:
Cthulhugoat said:
They should get rid of the "HEH! JAH! HEH!" combat sounds. It's all very Dragonball Z.
Some interview said that would be toned down in the final version. I just wish they'd go with a completely different VA for the main char...
Now that's good news. The main char sounds alright to me, but then again, mein deutsch ist kaputt.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shannow said:
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Claw said:
DefJam101 said:

Because the previous Gothics weren't full of blood spatters, skeletal remains and impaled paladins... Sure.

Were the German versions?

American TF2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcH8WPds_qU
German TF2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=710Xi4JkK_s

See if you can spot the difference!

The Wizard

Educated
no biggy. in gothic 1 and 2 all it took was changing one 2 into a 3 in the ini and there you go.

was, as far as i remember, even mentioned in the readme, alongside the potion keys.

aries202

Erudite
I agree, this looks great. It has the feel and likeliness of Gothic, certainly it does. And the humour in it looks great, too :) :D

wex

Novice
BeholderX said:
Those 5 enemies were called "Funny Gnomes" though, and they're evidently the comic relief pushover monsters for the first few quests/levels. The Glittermoths from later on seemed appropriately tough at least.
No. Those five enemies from the beginning of the movie were called "Häuptling" (chieftain).
Those two enemies being fought at 2:04 were called "Listiger Gnom" (cunning gnome), and not "Lustiger Gnom" (funny gnome).

In any case, the first few quests/levels shouldn't train the player to expect to win against five opponents if that is not going to be the case in the rest of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom