Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A smallish technical question.

Black Cat

Magister
I wanted to start a new stuffie in the playground but I'm having a little problem with it.

Imagine you want to have part of a post divided into two different column thingies, right? Say, in the left column there's the original text and in the right column the translated text. Right? Alright. How can I make that happen? I did look around the interwebs to find some stuffies about tables and the like, but according to this HTML code is deactivated.

So, how do I do it? Pretty please with a chocolate guinea pig and a hug on top.

SoupNazi

Welcome back!

I don't think the
BBCode is enabled here.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Post a picture.

For a fat basement dweller posing on the internets, you sure are incompetent.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Code:
use     the
code      tag
which     preserves
spacing

It's a bit inconvenient because tab doesn't work properly in the editor so you have to manually space it out.

EG

Nullified
Taluntain said:
Code:
use     the
code      tag
which     preserves
spacing

It's a bit inconvenient because tab doesn't work properly in the editor so you have to manually space it out.

Will it work copying tab characters from a program like NotePad++? Though, if you're using NotePad++, you can have it automatically convert them to spaces.

Kill Do

Educated
you appaer to need Vi/Vim or Emacs. install linux if you haven't already. without linux, there is just too much to do.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
EG said:
Taluntain said:
Code:
use     the
code      tag
which     preserves
spacing

Will it work copying tab characters from a program like NotePad++? Though, if you're using NotePad++, you can have it automatically convert them to spaces.
It should work when pasted from any text program, but you won't know for sure until you try it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom