Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A typical Japanese turn-based strategy

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
SR0110censored.jpg

This is the best line I've ever read.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You'd be surprised that most of that game genre protagonists are thinking the same thing. It's funny really why anime is trying to portray men as shy creatures who nosebleeds at the slightest sexual hint.

ElectricOtter

That's not what I meant. There are some kind of colored blob thing in the pool. What the fuck are they?

Korgan

Arbiter
That's a fucking awesome game about fucking and being awesome. I just conquered the first enemy house and raped their bitch of a princess. Her formerly downtrodden husband was captured and can probably join me now. You get a massive amount of upgrades to choose from when Rance's satisfaction goes up (by fucking everything that moves, mostly) or your companions' relationship with you improves (through gifts, battles and spending time with them). I heard that you get an additional strategic action once Satisfaction is >50, that's gonna be nice.

Like in King of Dragon Pass, there are too many options, in a good way. Unlike it, there are no reliable councilors, so you have to use your brain alone. The sex scenes are hilarious, tooo. Get that game.

Multi-headed Cow

Korgan said:
Like in King of Dragon Pass
I always knew King of Dragon Pass was missing something. That something was rape.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Hümmelgümpf said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
When is the LP starting FAGGOT?!
I plan to start one on next Sunday. Maybe a bit sooner, maybe a bit later.
I can be of assist if you will need info on the game.

Mogar

Scholar
Anyone get to the point where you have to fight child soldiers yet? Its kind of depressing in a hilarious sort of way.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
My conquest of Japan is going pretty well. The Youkai Empire and the country of blacksmiths are the only neutral nations remaining. After I'm done with them I'll be going straight for the demon. If the game actually ends there and doesn't pull another plot twist on me, the LP will start around next Thursday. 5 exclusive registration keys for the Age of Decadence beta will be included in the first update.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, he's not interested in kids. But there is child rape and incest rape perpetrated by other people.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Wow, Sengoku Rance is actually sort of good.

If only the story would branch more, so that you'd not have to see so many repetitions of the same scene on replays. It kinda has that King of Dragon Pass vibe, in a way. Probably the first jap RPG/SLG I've contemplated bying since Dragon Knight 4.

Oh, and if you don't care about the end score, I'd recommend not reading the walkthru at Wikia. There are quite a few "surprises" that will be spoiled if you try to max your results.

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Rance

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom