Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Wii Remote is not a fucking SNES controller.

DraQ

Arcane
Norfleet said:
Pfah, consoletards. This is what a REAL controller looks like!
yhst-39083765508394_2129_574853734.jpg
:love:

Luzur said:
I have the other version, plus with c64 you pretty much needed a joystick anyway.

Quilty

Magister
Clockwork Knight said:
What a bunch of noobs, my controllers were all customized

with bite marks

You used your dick? Why would you bite it? This thread is going in a wrong direction.

Buh, what a bunch of fags, it sure looks like you have never played any challenging platform game or any good console game whatsoever, oh but right - you were born when everybody was playing Halo and console gaming actually meant third person shooters and sport games. A list of actually good console controllers (not talking about consoles that weren before my time or home computers like the C64 - and Konix Speedking will win that battle) :

NES controller, just classic, however get something to protect your fingers, like a beard shave bottle cap, for those button mashing games (Gold Medal Challenge!).

SNES controller, enough buttons for any good console game, a solid controller without bullshit. Also has been cloned to death for PC and functions well in all PC platformers I can think of.

Sega Saturn controllers, I don't have the newer one which is supposedly better, but I do have the 3D controller, which is probably my favourite pad with it's button setup, D-pad and shape. The L/R buttons are a bit sucky and the 3D controller is just not good, however, it's this weird ball thing. The Arcade controllers are also perfect for those spaceship shooting games, however not really accurate enough for fighting games.

The PS controller line, however I will say they have one of the most horrible D-pads ever conceived, just what the fuck is up with that missing center, it wears on your thumb like nothing else. Fuck that shit. Also the new one has pretty bizarre L2/R2 buttons, they just don't feel right.

XBAWX controller, original, perfectly sized for western people. I'm not sure about the D-pad, did any xbax game even use it? Did xbox actually have any games? I sure don't remember buying more than KOTOR, Hunter : The Reckoning and Bloodrayne. Anyway, then there's the awesome Steel Battalion controller, but I suppose I shouldn't go for special controllers like expensive quality arcade sticks and such since then the debate would include everything ever made. But I will say that game-specific controllers like flightsticks and such are awesome and spit on your peasant pads.

The Gamecube controller is actually pretty good, but it has that one button which is impossible to press since the shoulder buttons are shaped so concavely, and also it's pretty damn small. It has nice, big buttons however and it's entirely mandatory for the Wii. However it has ridiculously short wire, it feels like Japanese living rooms are smaller than my toilet (I checked, the cord doesn't extend from my washing machine to the toilet seat). You have to place the console like middle of your floor and it still doesn't quite reach. What a bunch of bullshit. I actually take it all back, this controller sucks balls. Also the Wii classic controller is some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen, it's wireless in the sense it requires batteries but it still has some parasitic shit attached to it with a wire with which you can pull down beer bottles and all that shit. I don't get it.

So, in short, for 2D games I'd get any of the Saturn controllers, however the reality is that it has so few games we have to go back to SNES controller. For crap games, I'd get the old Xbox controller. For anything else, a game-specific controller and/or a PC.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The only gamepad I've ever liked is the one for the Nintendo Entertainment System. True story. It's perfect. A, B, start, select, up, down, left, right. It's beautiful. I can't stand anything more than that. Can't stand motion controls. I'm convinced the NES is one of the things that made me stick with the PC. Welp, consoles ain't getting any better than this. And I was right. So fucking right.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
The Dreamcast controller looked awkward as fuck, but was actually pretty comfortable.

Except the D-Pad was constructed out of razorblades and the memory cards made keening banshee wails whenever they got runed on. 2 cards to a controller, 4 controllers to a system, fairly sure you could kill small animals that way.

Clockwork Knight said:
KalosKagathos said:
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
XBAWX controller, original, perfectly sized for fat people.
Fixed.

Wait, so if I get fatter my hands will grow in size? Awesome!

It's all right, it's not like a starving russian would know.

I tried that Playstation Move thing last night.

It sucked balls. It talks in Finnish so that even retards will understand, the game was about... piling up bricks, that so cool, not at all like what you were doing when you were a really small kid. And the worst of all, I just didn't get how it works. Do you point it at the screen? No? I'm waving it all around without response. How does this thing work again? Am I not supposed to be drunk to pile some fucking bricks? Just fuck this shit.

Secretninja

Cipher
First time I have ever agreed with dicksmoker, the wii controller sucks ass when held sideways because of the tab where the battery cover goes. You hold it like a fuckwad, though, if it is rubbing against the first joint in your finger.

Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
The Gamecube controller is actually pretty good, but it has that one button which is impossible to press since the shoulder buttons are shaped so concavely, and also it's pretty damn small. It has nice, big buttons however and it's entirely mandatory for the Wii. However it has ridiculously short wire, it feels like Japanese living rooms are smaller than my toilet (I checked, the cord doesn't extend from my washing machine to the toilet seat). You have to place the console like middle of your floor and it still doesn't quite reach. What a bunch of bullshit. I actually take it all back, this controller sucks balls.

That's why the wireless wavebird was considered the de facto gamecube controller, but aside from the superior quality of the buttons themselves I liked how the right thumb buttons weren't all identical like you see in the remaining controllers. This was a controller designed by people who actually made games and they knew that most games don't use these buttons equally at all and the standard design could be improved upon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom